Lesson Study #13 - The HOLY SPIRIT in the LAST DAYS

Posted By: Daryl

Lesson Study #13 - The HOLY SPIRIT in the LAST DAYS - 06/20/06 11:04 PM

Here is the direct link to the final lesson topic and discussion for this quarter:

http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/eng/06b/less13nkjv.html

Seeing that we are in the last days, this one should be an important one to all of us.

Re: Lesson Study #13 - The HOLY SPIRIT in the LAST DAYS - 06/20/06 11:14 PM

From the Sabbath Afternoon introductory section I noticed:

Quote:

"It was by the confession and forsaking of sin, by earnest prayer and consecration of themselves to God, that the early disciples prepared for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. The same work, only in greater degree, must be done now." — Ellen G. White, Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, Mar. 2, 1897.

Does anybody know what in greater degree means here?
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Lesson Study #13 - The HOLY SPIRIT in the LAST DAYS - 06/21/06 07:33 PM

This statement reminds me of what I read about the revivals in the late 18th century and the early 19th that occured in europe and america.

I think the confession of sin part is the hardest step to do of those mentioned. Confessing of sin in church seems no more popular than confession of alcoholism at the pub, while it ought to be as common in church as confession of alcoholism at a AA meeting.

As to the question made, I dont know what it means, except that it communicates a sence of urgency over the question.

/Thomas

Re: Lesson Study #13 - The HOLY SPIRIT in the LAST DAYS - 06/24/06 04:28 AM

Greater degree could mean greater urgency. It could also mean a much larger number of people such as the whole world in contrast to the then known world.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church