Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE

Posted By: Daryl

Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/20/06 03:59 AM

Time now to begin the study and discussion on the 9th lesson study.

Here is the direct link to the quarterly study guide:

http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/eng/06c/less09.html

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/20/06 04:03 AM

The Memory Text is a good beginning to this week's topic.

Quote:

"And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year" (Ezekiel 4:6).

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/20/06 04:05 AM

How do we know that the day for a year principle can be used in these type of time prophecies?
Posted By: Will

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/20/06 05:12 AM

From what I stidied with my wife, the prophecies inthe Bible that are found in the lesson point to the time of the end, point to the kingdom given to God's people, and point to the Messiah. This to me shows that the day year pronciple is referred to if I understand correctly.
God Bless,
Will
Posted By: the1888message

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/22/06 06:24 AM

If the Bible verses are not enough, then if one looks at the historical length of time the 4 kingdoms ruled that should show it could not be literal days.

Question,

On the first page of this week’s lesson the picture shows this 1=365. The Calendar that Daniel and John used was not the same calendar that we use today is it?

How could 1=365 be true? Or have I missed something in the lesson?

Time 365 or 360
Times 730 or 720
1.5 Time 182.5 or 180

1277.5 years or 1260 years

Now will the extra 17.5 years make a difference in the time prophecy?

Yet again, more question about not only the lesson but to me the person(s) who put it together, and allowed it to be printed.

Peace and Grace
David
Posted By: D R

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/26/06 04:16 AM

obviously 1=360 The lesson book has the artistic statement of 1=365. This is confussing the issue and the editors should have corrected the art work. I assume that this went to press in error, not with some hidden agenda behind it.
Posted By: D R

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/26/06 04:21 AM

David (aka the1888message ) we should question all media that we use for bible study, this includes verbal (as in sermons) we should question, question, question! BUT we should also not be paranoid (I am not saying you are) with a small error that we find, example the error of 1=365. Rather we must discern the proper statement (truth) 1=360, and share this with all that we can, esspecially in the Sabbath School setting. Praise God we have diversity in His church, for we are a diverse people. ...

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/26/06 04:29 AM

Where does 1 year = 365 days, or 1 year = 360 days (as it should read) pose any problem in any of these time prophecies?

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/26/06 04:33 AM

To answer my own question, as was already posted, it would affect only the times prophecies, such as in Daniel 7:25.

Quote:

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Well, we know David is awake!
Posted By: the1888message

Re: Lesson Study #9 - Day - Year PRINCIPLE - 08/26/06 05:08 PM

You are correct should be careful as well we should not read into things that may not be there.
However, in this quarterly there have been a few "mistakes" that the church where I attend SS they have pointed out. Even departing from the old writings in a few places.

I am not saying that this is intentional, just that it is there.

Peace and Grace
David
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church