Posted By: Daryl

Lesson #8 - Joab: David’s Weak Strongman - 11/15/10 12:20 AM

Here is the link to the material for Lesson #8:

http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/eng/10d/less08.html

Re: Lesson #8 - Joab: David’s Weak Strongman - 11/15/10 12:24 AM

The Memory Text says:
Quote:
“All a man’s ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart” (Proverbs 21:2, NIV).

What does the part of the Memory Text mean that "the Lord weighs the heart"?

Re: Lesson #8 - Joab: David’s Weak Strongman - 11/18/10 04:27 PM

From looking at this week's lesson, both man, as in David and Solomon, and God gave Joab many opportunities to repent and also like David become a man after God's own heart, but Joab never learned.

Joab lived by the sword and died by the sword.

David and Solomon, who I understand also like David repented, will both rise up at the 1st Resurrection, however, Joab will rise up at the 2nd Resurrection.

My wife and I pray daily for at least 62 people of various ages who were once in the SDA Church, but left the SDA Church, that they will repent and come back to Christ and His Church.

We are also praying daily for others who will come to the knowledge of the truth, as it is in Jesus Christ and will also respond to His loving call to repentance.
Posted By: vastergotland

Re: Lesson #8 - Joab: David’s Weak Strongman - 11/18/10 05:06 PM

Those 62 people on your list, since you write that you pray they will return to Christ and His Church, I read it to mean they are now Atheist, Agnostic, Muslim, Jewish, Pagan, Buddhist, Hindu or of some other non-christian persuation?

Re: Lesson #8 - Joab: David’s Weak Strongman - 11/19/10 04:56 AM

At least one of them claims to be an Atheist.

Many of the others are not going to church and not professing Christianity.

Some have returned to going to a non-SDA church.

Re: Lesson #8 - Joab: David’s Weak Strongman - 11/19/10 09:15 AM

So for some of these friends of yours, you are praying that they will return to Christ without having any proof that they have actually ever left Him.

As I see it, it is either this, or you share the RC view that "extra ecclesiam nulla salus" while defining ecclesiam = SDA church.

Re: Lesson #8 - Joab: David’s Weak Strongman - 11/20/10 03:51 AM

One of them, while on their way to one of our churches, asked what are we doing this for? They turned around and headed back home, which ended their going to church.

Did they also leave Him?

The fact they don't go to church, any church, and their lifestyle, or their fruit, tells me that they left Him.

Would they say that they left Him? Good question. It is a question you are now tempting me to ask them, which I hope to do when and if I have the opportunity to do so.

As I think we are going off topic here, this is all I am going to say about this.

Re: Lesson #8 - Joab: David’s Weak Strongman - 11/20/10 12:21 PM

I was refering specificly to those you said where going to non-sda churches. I also could not tell about those who go to no church..
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church