What Is The Temperature Where You Are?

Posted By: Daryl

What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 07/03/02 11:11 PM

Let's see who has either the hottest or coldest temperature this time of the year bearing in mind that it is summer in one part of the world and winter in the other part of the world.

Let me begin by saying that today it is 98 degrees F (38 degrees C) in Fredericton, NB, Canada. Can anybody beat that on the hot side of things? [Smile] For your sake, I hope you can't. [Big Grin]
Posted By: Dora

Re: What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 07/04/02 06:54 AM

Daryl,
I didn't have any idea it gets that hot in Canada! When I have read about "Prince Edward Island," I thought it was somewhat cooler.

It was so humid and muggy here today it felt hotter than the 93 deg.F that was listed at Paducah, as the high today. The temperature there usually is pretty close to what it is where I live. It might be a few degrees cooler there, because it
is on the river.

Thank you for installing the "weather device," for I have family everywhere, it seems, and is nice to be able to keep up with their weather.
Posted By: John H.

Re: What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 07/04/02 04:11 PM

Wow, I didn't know it got that hot up there north of the border. Yesterday it was 97° here, and is supposed to get there again today.

The difference, I'll bet, is the humidity. Here in the coastal plain of eastern NC we commonly have 90-90 days in the summer: temperature above 90 degrees, humidity above 90 per cent. [Eek!] Really makes you appreciate air conditioning!

Out on the coast itself it's much more bearable with the ocean breeze, and the fact that water stays cooler during the day....that usually makes the air out there cooler as well.
Posted By: Amelia

Re: What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 07/04/02 10:18 PM

Today we are cool. Its 64F at noon. BUT next week the weatherman is telling us to prepare for 100. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posted By: Dora

Re: What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 07/05/02 07:35 AM

Daryl, today we were copying you at Mayfield and at Paducah, KY! I saw the thermometor in Mayfield and thought it was broken for it said 98 deg.F But, a little while ago, I watched the weather and they told me also that it was 98 deg. Maybe the reason I didn't want to believe it was because we were out in the heat most of the day. There was a "fair" in Mayfield, with antique cars, and a parade, this afternoon, so, some of us at the Pacucah and Mayfield churches saw this as a great opportunity to let Jesus and the SDA church be represented.

We had a "Smoking Sue" doll, non smoking literature, health literature, "Steps to Christ" books, a survey, and many other books and magazines. Even papers for children and young people.

It was HOT! But, as we took down our booth and tables and stored them for the next time, we all felt that we had witnessed for Jesus today. And, we knew that because we had said, "Here am I, send me," that just exactly the right person(s)
Had been contacted today.
Posted By: Zita

Re: What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 07/05/02 11:30 AM

Here in Australia and New Zealand we read the weather temps in Celsius.
Freezing point is measured at 0 c and boiling point is 100 c.

Our winter tempreture in Christchurch ranges from -1 to 15 - averaging out at 9-12c.
In the North Island, the temps are mostly in the tens every day.

Summer averages are 25c, but last summer we hit the 30's more often than I care to remember.
Posted By: Brandi

Re: What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 07/24/02 02:34 AM

Here it has been a humid high 90's!
Very hot, very humid!

Today looks like we should be in Southern California with all the air action days and the smog you can see. You can barely see the skies around here!
Posted By: Daryl

Re: What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 11/07/02 05:57 AM

It is snowing here now, and the temperature is 0.5 degrees Celcius which is just over 32 degrees Fahrenheit (Did I spell that right? [Smile] )

Must be getting warmer on the other side of the world now. [Smile]
Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: What Is The Temperature Where You Are? - 11/07/02 06:57 PM

Hey! Winnipeg has much the same. Although, yesterday was quite cold - only about -10 but the wind chill.... brrrr!

Today, however, the weather is a balmy -1 Celsuis and I almost took my coat off on my way to work I was so warm. The wind must have blown in a chinook (although we don't get many in Winnipeg) last night - It was certainly howling and I knew it was either a chinook or a blizzard coming in! [Smile] I think I would have preferred the blizzard. A good, blinding one that isolates everyone inside their houses and the City is shut down for a day where no one can work. That would suit my fancy just fine right now... But, tis not to be, at least not today. [Big Grin]
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church