kinda scary

Posted By: John H.

kinda scary - 09/15/04 07:28 AM

A pretty remarkable picture of the eye of Hurricane Ivan, taken this past Saturday from the International Space Station --

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap040915.html
Posted By: Restin

Re: kinda scary - 09/16/04 04:03 AM

I just went thru Charley and Frances. We have to get another roof after Frances. Yes, it's really scarey to go thru one, especially as long as Frances, aka Hurricane Mollasses for how long she took to creep over and wreck everything with water and wind. After Charley there were hardly any traffic lights working in the Orlando area. Gas stations that had gas had no power, and those that had power had no gas. Not just the power lines went down, but also the substations and main plants. Hey, it was a chance to see which of my survival and camping gear really works. Not fun, but very good practice for independent living. [Cool]
Posted By: Daryl

Re: kinda scary - 09/16/04 08:54 PM

What about Hurricane Ivan?

Has it affected you much?

[Caution] You also now may have Hurricane Jeanne heading your way. [Caution]
Posted By: Restin

Re: kinda scary - 09/18/04 04:20 AM

Thanks...Ivan missed us by a long shot, tho i feel for those who caught it in the Florida panhandle. I know that's a long way from you! I heard about the fires in Canada a month ago, which was shown to us on TV quite a lot. Do you think we might be easing into The Little Time of Trouble? Or is all this just a flash in the pan, as they say.
Posted By: Daryl

Re: kinda scary - 09/18/04 10:38 PM

It is raining here today which I have been told is what is left of Hurricane Ivan.

The wind isn't even blowing with the rain.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church