Drawing the line

Posted By: Jason P

Drawing the line - 05/05/01 07:36 AM

Ok, we all know that "dating" none adventists is not good. But where is the difference between a date and hanging out?

For example, there's a girl at my school who I would love to hang out with more, probably in the form of "hey let's go grab some food after class" sort of hanging out. But I don't neccesarily want to date her, since she is not SDA.

Any thoughts insites wise words for a soon-to-be-finals brain dead dude?

Posted By: FrogSLG

Re: Drawing the line - 06/02/01 09:23 PM

I think there is a line, Its very fine and sometimes hard to see. But if you are honest with them and just like hanging out and being friends. Its hard, but possible i think. At least all my guy friends say I make a better friend then a girlfriend, but maybe thats a different topic.

But then again I still don't know what I think about dating a nonadventist... so I don't know.

Hmmm...... i dont think that was much help but ummm maybe it was,

Frog

Posted By: lisa

Re: Drawing the line - 06/26/01 09:03 PM

There is no problem with just hanging out with someone. Ive done it and still do. the line comes in when you need to remember some guidelines to protect yourself and her. try not to go to places where you will be allone together, you know like walking at night, try not to hold hands, try when possible to bring a mutual friend or 2 allong. if you are seen allone and or are allone allought, feeling can develope that you don't want. thats where the line is. you can go and eat together, but avoid it at each others house when noone else is home.... the little things like that can create thoughts in the others head, and play with yours also..
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church