Physical and Spiritual Assets and Liabilities

Posted By: Edward F Sutton

Physical and Spiritual Assets and Liabilities - 02/02/01 02:24 PM

How do we take stock of what physical and spiritual Assets and Liabilities are & what do we do with them in order to suceed in the mission God has given our church, and us ?

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Posted By: mouse

Re: Physical and Spiritual Assets and Liabilities - 10/16/01 04:41 AM

Ed,

I've seen in the Testimonies where she keeps saying we must stop and examine ourselves, our thinking, our motives, why we do things the way we do...

I've never been taught HOW to do this...

I need to learn but don't know who or where to learn from... do you know anything about this??

I need practical kindergarten explanations... cuz I'm just a baby at this

Posted By: Edward F Sutton

Re: Physical and Spiritual Assets and Liabilities - 10/17/01 04:15 PM

Bank tellers are taught to recognize the true money first, then comparing all things against the true standard. Then as they need help, they go through the chain of management within the needed specialties.

I said that to illustrate this point.

1. Jesus is that benchmark true standard. The more clearly the evidence is examined that explains what makes Him tick, what motivates Him, His standards of internal excellence and His motives and goals; the more defined the person's goals to imitate Him and the greater the contrast between Him and the person looking at Him.

2. Jesus is the best tutor on how to imitate Himself.

3. Bible & SOP topics that actually apply to a person and their situations, are the words that are spirit and life to that person.

4. Ask Jesus to tutor you and teach you how to examine His example and your life. For example, pray for Jesus's help then look at an introductory topic, like the first commandment, then research it from Scripture till you have a good understanding of how Scripture defines & used the first commandment and what is involved in this commandment. Then do the same in SOP. In this type of self examination you are contrasting what inspiration says with your actions, thoughts, feelings, motives for doing and not doing. Take what you discover to Jesus, without attempts to "clean up", and talk it over with Him. As Him to teach what His spiritual assets are and how to obtain them & use them. Ask Jesus to teach how to do sucessful study, prayer, heartwork.

The idea is to get used to the idea of getting Jesus & Inspiration doing the teaching. then try it out & practice this kind of stuff. I am too tired now to detail it very well & I ramble too much. Perhaps after Sabbath I can start being more specific.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Posted By: mouse

Re: Physical and Spiritual Assets and Liabilities - 10/18/01 06:36 AM

Thanks! Ed for #4... that is a good place to start! And I don't think you rambled one bit!
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church