mom and dad need prayer!

Posted By: Stephanie Suranyi

mom and dad need prayer! - 02/17/06 09:05 PM

Hi everyone,
I know you know that my dad is Gerry Buck, here on the forum. Well, they had a bad ice storm yesterday and they have no power.....no electricity, nothing. The furnace is run by electricity, so they have no heat. The stove/oven has electric ignition, so they need someone to light it for them before they can turn it on. They don't have money to buy kerosene for their heaters, so that is out right now as well. I told my mom to ask SOMEONE if they could borrow money to buy kerosene (their house is draft/well ventilated) and she is kinda hemming and hawing about it....not really willing, not even to ask her own sister! Anyway, because they have no electricity, they aren't going to get much, if any, sleep.....both mom and dad use cpap (sleep apnea) machines when sleeping. Dad called the electric company this morning and they told him they won't have power restored until SUNDAY NIGHT around midnight! That's three days with NO heat, little sleep. PLEASE, keep them, as well as the thousands in the Tawas area without power, in your prayers!

Thank you everyone!
Posted By: Stephanie Suranyi

Re: mom and dad need prayer! - 02/18/06 01:00 AM

Must've been lots of prayers sent up because mom & dad now have electric back on! Thanks everyone!
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church