Prayer Request for Mom & Me

Posted By: Maggie

Prayer Request for Mom & Me - 07/04/08 02:58 AM

My elderly mother & I are sharing the same bladder-related problem and hope that you will pray for resolution for the 2 of us. We are praying & trying to trust in the Lord, but we seem to get discouraged easily.

Thank you so much!
Maggie
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Prayer Request for Mom & Me - 07/04/08 04:21 AM

Maggie to the Maritime Forum where we believe that prayer does change things, therefore, we will pray that the hands of The Great Physician will do His will in relation to you and your mother's health situation.

Re: Prayer Request for Mom & Me - 07/06/08 03:08 AM

Hope things are going well with both of you on this Sabbath day, which is coming to an end here.

Re: Prayer Request for Mom & Me - 07/23/08 01:23 AM

Sorry, friends, that I haven't checked in lately. Lots going on here. My mom is doing much better. Thank you for your prayers!

Me? Not so great. My lab tests came back positive for a hard-to-find bacteria, and for some reason I can't fathom, I only took the antibiotic for 3 of the 7 days & stopped because I wanted to try natural remedies instead. But the symptoms returned even worse, so I went to the doctor today & he's going to put me on a very similar antibiotic (same family, but stronger formula) in case resistance might've developed in the 56 hours I was off of it. I won't get the results of my new culture & susceptibility tests til early next week ---so I am praying really hard that the bug is still susceptible (not resistant to) this antibiotic. Please pray that my new test results will show something we can treat with the antibiotics. This is all sooo confusing, and I am totally in God's hands on this one. Your continuing prayers are so appreciated!

Thanks again. I just want to be better so I can be a blessing to others!
Hugs,
Maggie

Re: Prayer Request for Mom & Me - 08/01/08 03:03 AM

My latest test showed the suspected culprit from 8 years ago, plus one other bacteria. They are both susceptible to the same antibiotic, so I'm on that now for a week. Once the easier-to-kill bug is gone, I can ,indeed, return to the antibiotic I like to use.

Please keep my case before His throne. Mom is doing quite a lot better now.

Thank you!
Maggie

Re: Prayer Request for Mom & Me - 11/18/08 03:49 AM

Thank you for your prayers...I am much better, and am now nearly finished with my antibiotics---after 3+ months on them! I hope to return to teaching chemistry after the holidays.

Thanks again,
Maggie

Re: Prayer Request for Mom & Me - 12/25/08 06:43 PM

How are things going with both you and your mother now on this Christmas Day?

Re: Prayer Request for Mom & Me - 01/02/09 05:40 AM

Hi--Things are going much better for us. Thank you for your prayers and concern. We both appreciate it so much! It was so nice to have a "normal" holiday.

Happy New Year!
Maggie C.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church