Pray For My Friend

Posted By: Anonymous

Pray For My Friend - 11/11/00 06:26 AM

I have a friend who works as a professional in Calgary; and I think it's best to not mention his name; but I just got word yesterday that he received some really bad news.

He is taking an immediate leave of absence to look after his mother in his home. His mom has only a couple weeks to a couple months to live. Her cancer has metastisized to almost everything inside her body.

My friend is not really a committed christian; but he is often favourable towards the subject. I probably won't get to see him before his mom dies; so I am asking for prayer that this does not drive him further from the Light; but, rather, closer. Jesus said He is the Light of the world, and I am praying that He will be a light in this very dark place my friend has to walk.

------------------
"We are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets; Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone!" (Eph.2:20).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Pray For My Friend - 11/11/00 06:39 AM

Father,
We come to You, asking for this great favour, that You would manifest Yourself to these individuals.
We know not their names, but You do, and You know this situation.
Please, Father, draw this child of Yours closer to You.
Open his eyes that he may see that You are there with him.
Keep satan and his fellow fallen angels away, keep them from using this to draw him away from You.

May Your will be done, and may this man not turn away from , but turn to, You.
In Jesus name,
Amen

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church