Local Funeral Tomorrow

Posted By: Andrew Marttinen

Local Funeral Tomorrow - 11/14/00 11:42 PM

The last few days I've been ministering to a woman in our congregation whose 38-year-old daughter, Kimberly, was killed in a car accident.

This incident has been the "headline news" in our community for the past few days. There are a mish-mash of faiths involved in the funeral, but in the end I ended up being the one that will do the sermonette.

Please pray for the woman who goes to our church (Joy is her name) and the rest of the family.

Pray for me too, that the message of hope that I preach will be recieved well by the community of mourners who encompass many faiths.

------------------
As the Happy Moments Roll,

Pastor Andrew

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Local Funeral Tomorrow - 11/15/00 06:54 AM

Mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

The Lord which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith: 'Yet will I gather others to him...'" (Isa.56:7-8).

Father in heaven

I don't know which church Pastor A will be preaching for that funeral tomorrow; but your Word is clear. You have promised that if we make ourselves available, as your vessel, that where ever we go; people will be drawn to You.

May your Spirit cause your Word to have free course in all the different denominations gathered together in the common bond of grief, and solace in Christ.

"Great are Thy mercies. They are new every morning!"

------------------
"We are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets; Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone!" (Eph.2:20).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Local Funeral Tomorrow - 11/15/00 06:54 AM

Father, with heavy hearts we come before You at this time.
A precious daughter has been killed in a terrible accident. Friends and family wonder why, and question what is happening intheir world.
Please be with this family as they grieve, comfort them in their loss, use this time to heal any wounds, and bring them closer to You as well.

Please guide Pastor Andrew as he delivers the message to them, may his words bring comfort and direction, draw all closer to You, and may those who have not accepted You as yet be encouraged to do so.
thank you, in Jesus name, Amen

Posted By: Daryl

Re: Local Funeral Tomorrow - 11/15/00 06:59 AM

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please give Pastor Andrew the right words that will be used as a witness to Your love for everyone listening. Also, please open up the ears of the hearers that they will listen. Finally, be with the family suffering from such a tragic loss.

In Jesus name,

Amen!

Daryl

Re: Local Funeral Tomorrow - 11/15/00 05:24 PM

Thank you for your prayers. I will read parts of them at today's service.

It begins in less than 2 hours.

------------------

Pastor Andrew

Re: Local Funeral Tomorrow - 11/16/00 05:12 AM

I just want to let everyone know that those prayers posted above were very much appreciated. The funeral home was packed. They should have rented a local gymnasium.

After the service a Presbyterian minister asked me to join him some time for a "coffee" so I could share Adventist beliefs with him. Some young people also expressed interest in "following up" on things that they heard today.

Joy was especially happy with the parts of the prayers that came from the 'net.

This forum is definitely used by God for His work! Thanks again.

------------------

Pastor Andrew

Posted By: Sarah Moss

Re: Local Funeral Tomorrow - 11/16/00 08:16 PM

Amen Pastor Andrew. I praise God that He was able to reach people even during a time of such intense grief! Thank you for being a man of prayer. We must continue to remember those people who expressed interest, and those who continue to grief. As I know from personal experience, grief continues year after year and there is no limitation on it.

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church