Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked!

Posted By: Daryl

Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked! - 09/08/06 07:54 PM

We were hacked on the day we left home for my brother's funeral, therefore, I wasn't able to correct the problem until after I returned home again.

Even though we arrived home late yesterday, I wasn't able to completely get it up and running with the latest upgrade until this afternoon.

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked! - 09/08/06 11:03 PM

I still have work to do to get things looking like they were before the hack, however, all the posts/topics seem to be OK, so post away once again, and welcome back!
Posted By: Will

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked! - 09/09/06 03:03 PM

My condolences go out to you and your family regarding your brother. Good to see the site back online :-)
Make sure any passwords toaccess the site are changed, and if there is a "config" file change the permissions to 400 (read only), not sure if the flashchat has a config.php file. I did read about it somewhere, but think it applies to php based forums, not sure.
God Bless & Happy Sabbath,
Will

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked! - 09/09/06 07:14 PM

Would the config files still work with a 400 permission?

I will give it a test run on the FlashChat config file.

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked! - 09/09/06 07:18 PM

FlashChat won't work using 400, therefore, I will try it on 444.

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked! - 09/09/06 07:22 PM

It only works when it is set at 444 for FlashChat, therefore, we shall give that a try, which means FlashChat is up and running once again.
Posted By: calvin

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked! - 09/09/06 10:17 PM

Darryl, I suggest you upgrade to the lastest release of Flashchat. They have fixed the security flaw in their software.

Re: Maritime SDA OnLine Was Hacked! - 09/10/06 04:23 AM

Is it version 4.7.0 or something like that?

How does the upgrade affect the current version regarding integration?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church