Important Notice Regarding the Temporary Weekly Closing of the Forums of MSDAOL

Posted By: Daryl

Important Notice Regarding the Temporary Weekly Closing of the Forums of MSDAOL - 03/15/07 08:13 PM

This is to inform everybody that, as a result of a backup of all of the server data, the forums of Maritime SDA OnLine will be closed down for forum software safety reasons every Saturday from 7:45 a.m. ADT to 6:15 p.m. ADT. I was informed that, depending on the server, the backup could take anywhere from five to ten hours.

This will be done each week until further notice, or until the forum software problem resulting from the backup is resolved.

We regret the inconvenience this may cause some of you, however, it needs to be done to avoid potential damage to the topics and posts here at MSDAOL.

Re: Important Notice Regarding the Temporary Weekly Closing of the Forums of MSDAOL - 03/23/07 11:32 PM

All went well last week, therefore, this is a reminder that we will be doing it again tomorrow at 7:45 a.m. ADT.

Re: Important Notice Regarding the Temporary Weekly Closing of the Forums of MSDAOL - 03/24/07 11:10 PM

I opened it up an hour earlier than last week.

If all goes well, I will do it again next week.

I may even open it another hour earlier next week.

Re: Important Notice Regarding the Temporary Weekly Closing of the Forums of MSDAOL - 04/18/07 05:01 AM

All has gone well each week since closing down the forums during the back-up of the server by our provider.

We haven't suffered any type of data corruption since we began closing down the forums of MSDAOL, therefore, we will continue to do the weekl;y shut-down.

We are now re-opening the forums at 4:30 p.m. This is one hour and a half earlier from the first week of our shut-down.

Re: Important Notice Regarding the Temporary Weekly Closing of the Forums of MSDAOL - 02/01/08 11:49 PM

As we are now on a new server, this notice has been cancelled and will, hopefully, remain cancelled. \:\)
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church