Has "Babylon" Fallen Yet?

Posted By: Daryl

Has "Babylon" Fallen Yet? - 09/12/02 05:31 AM

The Fall of Babylon is another sign of the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ.

quote:

Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Revelation 18:1
And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

First of all, what does Babylon represent here?

Then, has Babylon fallen yet?

If yes, then when did Babylon fall?

If no, then when will Babylon be considered to have fallen?
Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Has "Babylon" Fallen Yet? - 10/12/02 06:08 AM

Something interesting I heard last evening: the verse reads Babylon is fallen, is fallen, indicating two falls.

During the Great Advent Movement of the 1840's William Miller and many associated with him were preaching that Jesus was going to return in 1843-1844. About 1843, the popular churches began rejecting the idea the Jesus was going to come again, making it difficult for those who believed He was. An exodus of second advent believers began from those churches. Until that time, the protestant churches had not fallen, but their rejection of the advent message began the falling process.

The protestant churches have not completely fallen as is evidenced by the message of the second angel when compared to the message of the fourth angel of Revelation 18. The second angel announces the fall of Babylon, and finishes by saying she made all nations drink of her fermented wine. The fourth angel anounces that Babylon has "become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird." At this point, all of God's children will have left the fallen churches under the loud cry of this angel. All that is left is the unclean, the wicked.

Remember there is another voice that calls from heaven for the righteous to come out so that they will not receive of the plagues that are about to be poured out on an unrepentnt world. This voice also announces that her cup of iniquity is full. It can be no other way for her "sins have reached unto heaven."
Posted By: Daryl

Re: Has "Babylon" Fallen Yet? - 11/10/02 07:26 AM

Linda,

Based on what you posted, if the Fall of Babylon is based on two falls, then has Babylon fallen the 2nd time yet?
Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Has "Babylon" Fallen Yet? - 11/11/02 06:38 AM

Babylon hasn't completely fallen. That occurs under the loud cry of the angel of Revelation 18.
quote:
And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Revelation 18:1-5
The chapter goes on to spell out her punishment. She will have filled her cup of iniquity when she uses govenmental power to coerce people to observe the false sabbath.
Posted By: Greg Goodchild

Re: Has "Babylon" Fallen Yet? - 12/10/02 08:13 AM

The fall of babylon, that confederacy of entities that have chosen to cooperate with the RCC, will be complete when the sunday laws are established and then enforced with the death penalty. This period of time has not occurred yet.
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: Has "Babylon" Fallen Yet? - 12/12/02 07:05 AM

Linda wrote:

"Something interesting I heard last evening: the verse reads Babylon is fallen, is fallen, indicating two falls."

Excellent point.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church