Hidden Eyes & Closed Ears

Posted By: razorren

Hidden Eyes & Closed Ears - 06/10/05 08:51 PM

Hidden Eyes & Closed Ears

Summary of article written by Joe Crews (on the Amazing Facts website). Very, very good in its entirety.
-------------------------------------------------

May God grant you the courage to be a part of that remnant church which has the faith of Jesus, the testimony of Jesus, and keeps all of His commandments. These truly may be designated as the saints.

In summary, note how link upon link of related texts show the fortunes and misfortunes of the wall-God's law.

1. The wall represents God's law. A breach in the wall represents breaking the law (iniquity). Isaiah 30:9-13, "This is a rebellious people ... children that will not hear the law of the Lord ... therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall."

2. False ministers did not repair the break. But they did try to mend the gap with weak, untempered mortar, a counterfeit material. Ezekiel 13:3-14, "Woe unto the foolish prophets ... ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge ... and one built up a wall, and lo, others daubed it with untempered mortar."

3. The breach in the wall was the Sabbath, which the preachers saw, but hid their eyes from it. Instead of restoring the true Sabbath, they used the pagan Sunday (untempered mortar) as a substitute, claiming that the Lord said it was all right, when "the Lord hath not spoken." Ezekiel 22:26-28, "Her priests have violated my law, and profaned mine holy things ... and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths ... and her prophets have daubed them with untempered mortar ... saying, Thus saith the Lord God, when the Lord hath not spoken."

4. The counterfeit wall (Sunday) will be revealed and destroyed when the plagues fall (hail). Ezekiel 13:11, "Say unto them that daub it with untempered mortar that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall and a stormy wind shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it."

5. Hail is one of the seven last plagues. Revelation 16:21, "And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven ... and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great."

6. The plagues are called "the wrath of God." Revelation 15:1, "Seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God."

7. The wrath of God (plagues) fall on those who have the mark of the beast. Revelation 14:9, 10, "If any man worship the beast ... and receive his mark ... The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God."

8. God's wrath (plagues) fall on those who used the untempered mortar (Sunday). The plagues and destruction prove that these events take place at the end of the world and that these prophecies apply to our day. Ezekiel 13:13-15, "I will even rend it ... and great hailstones in my fury to consume it. So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered mortar ... Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall and upon them that have daubed it."

9. God looked for those who would repair the gap or breach in His law correctly. Ezekiel 22:30, "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me."

10. God finds those who will repair the breach. They will restore the true Sabbath to its right place. Isaiah 58:12, 13, "And they that shall be of thee ... shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of the paths to dwell in. If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day."

-- Ren
Posted By: debbie

Re: Hidden Eyes & Closed Ears - 06/11/05 05:25 AM

Thanks for posting this ren--Joe Crews has always been a favorite of mine!
Posted By: Cheri Fritz

Re: Hidden Eyes & Closed Ears - 06/12/05 03:34 AM

Greetings,

Agreed, it is a post to be thankful for. Yet, my heart sinks because the one major questions that seems to resound in many that I have chatted with who are Adventists is:

How do you keep the Sabbath?

Many do not understand that entering in to His rest begins with allowing ourselves to die off our natural sinful nature. This is the true preparation we must do before the Sabbath hours. This is why my Great Grandma always said, "Sabbath begins at sundown right after the Sabbath ends."

The Sabbath is a sign between our God and His children because it will teach us to prepare our souls not just on preparation day (aka Friday), but to do a thorough repair with the Holy Spirit teaching us all truth. To renounce our naturally sinful ways, and to step by step become the peculiar people.

A very dear friend said "You cannot keep the Sabbath by only preparing on Friday. Why? Because Sabbath preparation must begin right after sundown on our souls to be prepared to meet God for next Sabbath."

When listening to this, how right he was. So I questioned myself with "Was I giving more time in the worldly matters or was I truly studying and learning of Christ like Matthew 11:29 was teaching?" [Matt. 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.]

In my past of growing up Adventist I struggled and labored with Sabbath, and I will testify that my former experience with keeping Sabbath holy was legalistic for many years.

This experience of delighting in the Sabbath only came as I studied Christ through the scriptures and the writings of Mrs. White.

Now how do we keep the Sabbath holy and have delight? It is by loving Him who loved us first!

When we love Him, He does something so wonderful, see what it says here:

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

How wonderful our God is! Salvation sure is easy when we learn.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church