SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob

Posted By: Tammy Roesch

SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 02/19/11 02:27 PM

SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob
Posted By: His child

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 02/22/11 04:25 AM

It looks like a theatrical performance.
Posted By: cephalopod

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 03/05/11 11:18 PM

It is to be expected and I'm not very shocked in the least...
...Think about it - our J.A.'s have had students playing "sports" for years!
...And we know from S.O.P. that Satan is actually in the game of football, tennis, cricket, etc.
Posted By: Kevin H

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 09/27/11 10:50 PM

May I suggest that you re-read what Mrs. White said about sports. Satan can use them, and she wrote during a time where football was commently having death and Teddy Roosevelt had to step in and told the schools they either needed to make football and other sports safer or that they would become illegal.

However Mrs. White said that she had nothing against simple ballgames as long as they were not being so intense as to make ferce rivals and anger between fans and players (still wise counsel) and she donated some land from Elmshaven to PUC under the condition that they make a ball field out if it and she would enjoy attending ballgames there. Did Mrs. White change her mind? was she a hipocrit? or do you have only part of the truth that you are using against the rest of the truth and a way of feeling superior and thus feeding your sinful nature?

Half a truth being pushed as the whole truth is a lie Cephalopod.
Posted By: Kevin H

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 09/28/11 02:17 AM

Cephalopod, I want to appologize for the above post. I am sad that a big part of Adventism is taking part of the truth for the whole truth, and too many adventists who feel that the gospel is the good news that the church is going to hell in a handbasket. There are definetely things to be critical of, and definate conserns in sports, some were problems during the time she was writing, others that we still need to work on that Mrs. White rightly warned about how Satan can be involved, but it was not the whole message, and I am sorry that I came on too strong in pointing this out. I wanted to edit and soften, but it says t is too late to edit. I am sorry that I came on so strong
Posted By: Naphtali

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 02/09/14 02:25 AM

Kevin,

Could you provide the reference for the statement regarding Ellen White donating land for a ballfield and wanting to see the game there?
Posted By: Daryl

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 02/09/14 03:36 AM

I would also be interested in a reference regarding this.
Posted By: Johann

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 02/09/14 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: His child
It looks like a theatrical performance.

Yes, even Elder M. L. Andreasen, the "saintly" critic of Questions on Doctrines was a popular Bible teacher at Union College when he made his students perform theatrical Bible performances in his Bible Classes.

Read his biography, where he also states how surprised he was when he experienced the prophet (Ellen White) laugh. That taught him a lesson about the Spirit of Prophecy he had not known before.

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 02/09/14 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Daryl
I would also be interested in a reference regarding this.

Quote:
Some months after getting settled, Ellen White made an earnest appeal to the believers to establish a church school. She was particularly gratified that she could make available nearly an acre of land in a little triangle near the Sanitarium Road. This she set aside for the church school for as long as it should be operated there. On it a building was erected and eventually enlarged to accommodate a ten-grade school. She was pleased that her own grandchildren could attend this school. Part of her cow pasture just across the Sanitarium Road was soon serving as a baseball field. {5BIO 36.6}

There it is, Daryl. I have seen the place.

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 02/11/14 01:03 AM

Was this a surprise to some of you?
Posted By: kland

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 02/11/14 09:51 PM

The statement was, "and she donated some land from Elmshaven to PUC under the condition that they make a ball field out if it and she would enjoy attending ballgames there."

But the portion you quoted does not support that statement.

Re: SAU President gets Extreme Makeover, Convocation Turns into Flash Mob - 05/19/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: kland
The statement was, "and she donated some land from Elmshaven to PUC under the condition that they make a ball field out if it and she would enjoy attending ballgames there."

But the portion you quoted does not support that statement.

Her biography supports that she gave the land and soon after there was a ballfield there. Since this was her gift of her own property would she not have objected if the land was used for something she knew was "sinful"?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church