Okay, so I'm excited!

Posted By: Anonymous

Okay, so I'm excited! - 08/24/00 05:15 AM

Okay, I'm just so excited I must share!!!!! I got our wedding pictures today - in final form!!! Albums, frames, etc. YEAH!!!

It's so amazing really what photography does for a person's memories. I will always have my memories, but I didn't know what I looked like, and now, I can share all my memories with others that weren't there and they will know what I'm talking about - in living colour!

OK, I'm done now. Just had to share it with as many as possible!

Ciao for now!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Moss (edited August 23, 2000).]

Posted By: Linda Sutton

Re: Okay, so I'm excited! - 08/24/00 06:19 AM

Sarah, those wedding pictures will mean even more in the future. So I make a suggestion. Make sure that other family members have copies of them.

Two years ago, I lost all my wedding pictures in a flood. Every last one of them, about 40 pictures, was ruined. Just this summer I was able to borrow the 8 pictures that my sister-in-law had and made copies. Enjoy them and make sure you can get copies if something should happen to yours. BTW I've been married for 25 years, so there was little hope of getting any pictures from the original photographer. I can't even remember his name!

------------------

Posted By: Gerry Buck

Re: Okay, so I'm excited! - 08/24/00 06:44 AM

Linda's right. Make sure you have copies somewhere safe.

we lost our pictures 8 years ago when the roof let go in a thunderstorm.
And wouldn't you know, it was right over the bookcase where we kept the photo albums.

We will celebrate our 27th year thius October, and miss those pictures greatly.
No copies, anywhere. Gone for good.

------------------
What is popular is not always right.
What is right is not always popular.

Gerry B.

Posted By: PeggySue

Re: Okay, so I'm excited! - 08/27/00 08:39 AM

Hi Sarah

Just reading the suggestions of the others and had to add mine as well - though I'm sure you can see the subject is pretty well covered!!

About a year ago I got all my possessions out of storage and brought them to my home. There were SO many boxes that I put them into a room where I could take them out a few at a time and unpack. Before I could do that though I ended up moving again!! My box of photos had been sitting on the floor (under a lot of other boxes) next to a wall that backed onto my bathroom. Unbeknownst to me, the seal around my tub had been leaking and water was seeping into that room where all my boxes were stored. As we got to the end of a very long day of moving into the house I'm in right now someone brought the box of my ruined pictures to me. Right there in front of everyone I sat down on a box on my back porch and bawled. I lost pictures of my children when they were young among many others. Treasure your pictures - make copies of those you don't have negatives for and store your negatives somewhere in safety! While I have borrowed a scanner from a friend I hope to someday get a really good one and a recordable CD-ROM so that I can scan in and store all my pictures for safekeeping that way! Just more suggestions and one more "hard-luck" story!

Take care!

------------------
God Bless and Have a Great Day!
Peggy

[This message has been edited by PeggySue (edited August 27, 2000).]

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Okay, so I'm excited! - 08/27/00 07:19 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am so sorry for all of you for your loss of pictures. I could not imagine losing my photographs. My husband and I are going to follow some (if not all) of your suggestions - in fact, we have provided wedding pictures to families, other people took pictures also so they have negatives and copies of those and sent us copies as well. I really appreciate all your advice! Us newlyweds need all the help we can get!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Moss (edited August 27, 2000).]

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church