October 31 - Happy Reformation Day

Posted By: Anonymous

October 31 - Happy Reformation Day - 10/31/00 01:49 PM

-

Publicly now saying I am sorry for not thinking straight to the date of this message.

[ August 06, 2004, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Snooky ]
Posted By: Daryl

Re: October 31 - Happy Reformation Day - 10/31/00 05:20 PM

Joan forgot to post her opening remarks which led to the above post, therefore, I am posting it for her below:

quote:

This thread is for all you history lovers who scoff at the work of the devil to diminish the importance of the 31st of October by drawing attention to Halloween's demomology.

On that day in 1517 Martin Luther the priest nailed the 95 Theses against RCC misuse of power on the church door at Wittenberg, Germany. I personally stood before this door (actually a copy now of the original because of the church fire which destroyed the first door). I stood before the grave stone of Martin Luther and Melanchalon in that very church of Wittenberg. I walked in the rooms where he taught at the town's Seminary.

...Joan...

The first post now makes better sense.

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited October 31, 2000).]

Re: October 31 - Happy Reformation Day - 11/01/00 06:01 PM

Happy R.D. everyone!

Can anyone think of something we can do to celebrate Reformation Day?

------------------
As the Happy Moments Roll,

Pastor Andrew

Posted By: Daryl

Re: October 31 - Happy Reformation Day - 11/02/00 07:13 AM

You are a day late, Pastor Andrew, as Happy Reformation Day in Germany was yesterday.

I would, however, like to have comments on what you think of each of these 95 thesis???

Daryl

Re: October 31 - Happy Reformation Day - 11/01/00 10:26 PM

Wow. That's a tall order. 95 is a lot to think about.

I just hope we don't become too popish when this day comes around next year!

------------------
As the Happy Moments Roll,

Pastor Andrew

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church