The Greatest Event in History

Posted By: dedication

The Greatest Event in History - 04/03/15 08:26 AM

This weekend is a time to especially remember the greatest event in history.

1 Tim. 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh,

Matt. 1:21 His name, JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but resurrected by the Spirit:

1 Peter 1:18 For we know that we were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver and gold,...
1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed

1 Cor. 15:20 Christ is risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.

Hebrews 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.

Re: The Greatest Event in History - 04/03/15 08:15 PM

"Exalt the great plan of salvation, and the life of Christ, the Author and Finisher of this plan. Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.

"If those who today are teaching the word of God, would uplift the cross of Christ higher and still higher, their ministry would be far more successful. If sinners can be led to give one earnest look at the cross, if they can obtain a full view of the crucified Saviour, they will realize the depth of God's compassion and the sinfulness of sin.

"Christ's death proves God's great love for man. It is our pledge of salvation. To remove the cross from the Christian would be like blotting the sun from the sky. The cross brings us near to God, reconciling us to Him. With the relenting compassion of a father's love, Jehovah looks upon the suffering that His Son endured in order to save the race from eternal death, and accepts us in the Beloved.

"Without the cross, man could have no union with the Father. On it depends our every hope. From it shines the light of the Saviour's love, and when at the foot of the cross the sinner looks up to the One who died to save him, he
may rejoice with fullness of joy, for his sins are pardoned. Kneeling in faith at the cross, he has reached the highest place to which man can attain.

"Through the cross we learn that the heavenly Father loves us with a love that is infinite. Can we wonder that Paul exclaimed, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ"? Galatians 6:14. It is our privilege also to glory in the cross, our privilege to give ourselves wholly to Him who gave Himself for us. Then, with the light that streams from Calvary shining in our faces, we may go forth to reveal this light to those in darkness. {AA 209-210}
Posted By: Mountain Man

Re: The Greatest Event in History - 04/03/15 08:49 PM

Amen! Thank you, Jesus! I thankful for what Jesus did for us on the cross. I am also thankful He rose from the grave. I am thankful He intercedes for us on the throne of God. I am thankful He is coming again to take us home.

Re: The Greatest Event in History - 04/04/15 06:26 PM

In the words of Jesus to Nicodemus: "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up." In another conversation Jesus said "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32.

Jesus was "lifted up" and is drawing "all men" unto Himself. Yet, so many do not respond to that drawing.
So many look to themselves rather than looking to Christ as their Savior.

Quote:
"I, if I be lifted up," He said, "will draw all men unto Me." John 12:32. As the student of the Bible beholds the Redeemer, there is awakened in the soul the mysterious power of faith, adoration, and love. Upon the vision of Christ the gaze is fixed, and the beholder grows into the likeness of that which he adores. The words of the apostle Paul become the language of the soul: "I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: . . . that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings." Philippians 3:8-10. {Ed 192.1}

"Jesus Christ laid hold on humanity, that with His human arm He might encircle the race, while with His divine arm He grasped the throne of the Infinite. He planted His cross midway between earth and heaven, and said, "I, if I be lifted up
from the earth, will draw all men unto Me." The cross was to be the center of attraction. {MYP 137.3}
It was to speak to all men, and draw them across the gulf that sin had made, to unite finite man with the infinite God.
It is the power of the cross alone that can separate man from the strong confederacy of sin. Christ gave Himself for the saving of the sinner. Those whose sins are forgiven, who love Jesus, will be united with Him. They will bear the yoke of Christ. This yoke is not to hamper them, not to make their religious life one of unsatisfying toil. No; the yoke of Christ is to be the very means by which the Christian life is to become one of pleasure and joy. The Christian is to be joyful in contemplation of that which the Lord has done in giving His only-begotten Son to die for the world, "that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. {MYP 138.1}
Posted By: Alchemy

Re: The Greatest Event in History - 05/03/15 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Amen! Thank you, Jesus! I thankful for what Jesus did for us on the cross. I am also thankful He rose from the grave. I am thankful He intercedes for us on the throne of God. I am thankful He is coming again to take us home.

Amen again to all those points.

I do pray our evangelical friends will see the truth of the sanctuary some day. It is the atonement in action.

Alchemy
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church