Do Miracles Happen Today?

Posted By: Rick H

Do Miracles Happen Today? - 02/29/16 02:25 PM

We were reading the following in Sabbath School and it sparked a discussion:

Acts 2:16-18King James Version (KJV)

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

..when it occurred to us that if the Holy Spirit is being poured out as we have reached the end time, then why are our sons/daughters etc.. not giving prophecy.

So we then came across the following which then led to the question, do miracles happen today:

Acts 5:12-16King James Version (KJV)

12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.

14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

....if so, why are we not seeing these open miracles?
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? - 03/05/16 02:28 PM

Sister White, says that "miracles are wrought" during the "Loud Cry".

I believe we are just entering the "Time of Shaking" and the inception of the "Sunday Law". The "Little Time of Trouble" and the "Loud Cry" are soon to follow...

"The angel who unites in the proclamation of the third message is to lighten the whole earth with his glory. A work of world-wide extent and unwonted power is here brought to view. The Advent movement of 1840-44 was a glorious manifestation of the power of God; the first message was carried to every missionary station in the world, and in this country there was the greatest religious interest which has been witnessed in any land since the Reformation of the sixteenth century; but these are to be far exceeded by the mighty movement under the loud cry of the third message. The work will be similar to that of the day of Pentecost. Servants of God, with their faces lighted up and shining with holy consecration, hasten from place to place to proclaim the warning from Heaven. By thousands of voices, all over the earth, the message will be given. Miracles are wrought, the sick are healed, and signs and wonders follow the believers. Satan also works with lying wonders, even bringing down fire from heaven in the sight of men. Thus the inhabitants of the earth are brought to take their stand." – {4SP 429.2}

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? - 03/05/16 03:04 PM

It appears that the "Loud Cry" will begin close to the time that the "Image to the Beast" is formed. It is at this time that I believe we will see God's miraculous power poured out in earnest. The seeds that were planted in dryer times shall be swiftly ripened by the outpouring of the "Latter Rain"!

"...when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast." – {Ev 234.2}
Posted By: Rick H

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? - 03/05/16 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

I believe we are just entering the "Time of Shaking" and the inception of the "Sunday Law". The "Little Time of Trouble" and the "Loud Cry" are soon to follow...

"The angel who unites in the proclamation of the third message is to lighten the whole earth with his glory. A work of world-wide extent and unwonted power is here brought to view. The Advent movement of 1840-44 was a glorious manifestation of the power of God; the first message was carried to every missionary station in the world, and in this country there was the greatest religious interest which has been witnessed in any land since the Reformation of the sixteenth century; but these are to be far exceeded by the mighty movement under the loud cry of the third message. The work will be similar to that of the day of Pentecost. Servants of God, with their faces lighted up and shining with holy consecration, hasten from place to place to proclaim the warning from Heaven. By thousands of voices, all over the earth, the message will be given. Miracles are wrought, the sick are healed, and signs and wonders follow the believers. Satan also works with lying wonders, even bringing down fire from heaven in the sight of men. Thus the inhabitants of the earth are brought to take their stand." – {4SP 429.2}

Well I don't know about you my brother, but we have already gone through the "Time of Shaking" down here, our brand new church was taken over by what I can only kindly say are the unconverted agents of Satan, with its Spiritual Formation and Rock and Roll and a another gospel not of God. They called us the tares, the 'troublemakers of Israel', but God knows who are His children and who Satan is the father of.

Our churches in Miami are now setting up Rock and Roll services in the afternoon so they don't 'lose members' and our churches in the Caribbean and Puerto Rico are splitting into those 'who rock' and those who follow God. The "Time of Shaking" has come upon us and we have been caught sleeping..........it is time to awake from our spiritual slumber and light our lamps, the time is NOW its upon us.

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? - 03/05/16 05:41 PM

Things aren't that bad here (yet), but then Alberta is quite conservative. At least outside of the big cities. I don't know about the rest of Canada. It's sad to hear how far downhill the churches in Florida have gone. It sounds like California is just as bad. One thing is certain, it's spreading like wildfire.

If you are indeed "the troublemakers of Israel", you are in great company.
Keep up the good works!
Posted By: dedication

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? - 03/06/16 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Rick H

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

..when it occurred to us that if the Holy Spirit is being poured out as we have reached the end time, then why are our sons/daughters etc.. not giving prophecy.

So we then came across the following which then led to the question, do miracles happen today:
16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

I think Satan has taken over that field.
The Pentecostal movement is deep into all of these types of things. Does that prove they are in truth?

Where does it lead? Does it lead to a neglect of serious Bible study and a dependence on supernatural display and excitement?

I do believe there will be real miracles and other great things in the future, but first God has to be sure we recognize the true from the false and any such display of miracles will be to His glory, not to a means into deception.

Quote:
Men under the influence of evil spirits will work miracles. . . . {Mar 148.3}
We need not be deceived. Wonderful scenes, with which Satan will be closely connected, will soon take place. God's Word declares that Satan will work miracles. He will make people sick, and then will suddenly remove from them his satanic power. They will then be regarded as healed. These works of apparent healing will bring Seventh-day Adventists to the test. . . . {Mar 148.4}
So far as his power extends, he will perform actual miracles.]Mar 207]
We are warned that in the last days he will work with signs and lying wonders. And he will continue these wonders until the close of probation, that he may point to them as evidence that he is an angel of light and not of darkness. {Mar 208.3}

Some will be tempted to receive these wonders as from God. The sick will be healed before us. Miracles will be performed in our sight. Are we prepared for the trial which awaits us when the lying wonders of Satan shall be more fully exhibited? Will not many souls be ensnared and taken? By departing from the plain precepts and commandments of God, and giving heed to fables, the minds of many are preparing to receive these lying wonders. We must all now seek to arm ourselves for the contest in which we must soon engage. Faith in God's word, prayerfully studied and practically applied, will be our shield from Satan's power and will bring us off conquerors through the blood of Christ. {Mar 208.6}

Even in the midst of the great deceptions of the last days, when delusive miracles will be performed in the sight of men in behalf of satanic theories, it is our privilege to hide ourselves in Christ Jesus. It is possible for us to seek and to obtain salvation. And in this time of unusual peril, we must learn to stand alone, our faith fixed, not on the word of man, but on the sure promises of God. {TM 490.2}

Through the agency of spiritualism, miracles will be wrought, the sick will be healed, and many undeniable wonders will be performed. And as the spirits will profess faith in the Bible, and manifest respect for the institutions of the church, their work will be accepted as a manifestation of divine power. {GC 588.2}

But God's people will also have miracles
Quote:
By thousands of voices, all over the earth, the warning will be given. Miracles will be wrought, the sick will be healed, and signs and wonders will follow the believers. Satan also works with lying wonders, even bringing down fire from heaven in the sight of men. Thus the inhabitants of the earth will be brought to take their stand. {CM 151.4}
Posted By: Alchemy

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? - 03/07/16 05:11 AM

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Acts 5:12-16King James Version (KJV)

12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

13 And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.

14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

Excellent question Rick.

As I understand Peter's statement, it was never fully fulfilled! I don't believe it was all completed even in the time of the Apostles. So, I am one who believes it will be completely fulfilled in these last days.

Unfortunately, the are so many false miracles and miracles being lied about in these days that it would be hard for many people to even recognize a true miracle.

But, I am a witness to miracles of healing, in physical and spiritual and emotion, in my life and the lives of others.

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? - 03/07/16 05:17 AM

Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

Well I don't know about you my brother, but we have already gone through the "Time of Shaking" down here, our brand new church was taken over by what I can only kindly say are the unconverted agents of Satan, with its Spiritual Formation and Rock and Roll and a another gospel not of God. They called us the tares, the 'troublemakers of Israel', but God knows who are His children and who Satan is the father of.

Our churches in Miami are now setting up Rock and Roll services in the afternoon so they don't 'lose members' and our churches in the Caribbean and Puerto Rico are splitting into those 'who rock' and those who follow God. The "Time of Shaking" has come upon us and we have been caught sleeping..........it is time to awake from our spiritual slumber and light our lamps, the time is NOW its upon us.

I am sorry to hear of the falling away of so many people there Rick. I Praise God for those like you who have stood for truth so ardently. We see much suffering in the South Pacific Division as well over the Sabbath issue. I agree that the shaking is here as well, and I believe it is going to get much worse.

Re: Do Miracles Happen Today? - 03/29/16 07:22 AM

Has anyone heard of the "Demon Magicians" around the world?

I don't believe these aren't any more magic than those in the past. But, I do believe that they condition the world for the real lying wonders to come, and I believe will come soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4k8gp92Tag

Here is one example.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church