Dr. Ben Carson on Gender Identity

Posted By: dedication

Dr. Ben Carson on Gender Identity - 02/13/17 11:23 PM

Dr. Ben Carson on gender Identity---

For thousands of years, from the beginning of time, we've known what a man and a woman was, but now suddenly we don't know any more. This is absurd says Carson...

Interview Ben Carson with Katie

Should transgenders have free access to both women and men washrooms? Carson says -- give them their own washrooms, one just for transgenders. Why should the majority be made uncomfortable to meet the demands of a few. Tolerance and consideration must go both ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiW5D62667U

Issues that are rocking society.
In our sheltered circles we may be unaffected, but go out in society and there is a lot of confusion on these issues.

Is the word "tolerance" being used to be "intolerant"?
Posted By: kland

Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Gender Identity - 02/14/17 06:47 PM

Still say this is a heyday for teenage boys at school. Suddenly they are allowed in the girls locker room! They just need to say, I'm confused and need to explore my inner self (and the girl's locker room).
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Gender Identity - 02/16/17 11:04 AM

These sort of issues are most concentrated in the school system. Satan knows that if he can capture our children, he will control the human race.

My step-son attends a university in Alberta, where the LGBT students not only have a government mandated gay/straight friendship club (PRIDE Centre), but also councillors dedicated to "transitioning" students. Of course, the students are being counciled on how to successfully transition from male to female, or female to male!
Posted By: ProdigalOne

Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Gender Identity - 02/16/17 11:38 AM

Here is another example of "tolerance", this time in Canadian public high schools.
Since 2011 many high schools in Canada have been permitting Muslim prayer on school grounds:

"Five years ago... the Toronto Sun reported that 800 students at Toronto’s Valley Park Middle School were converting the school’s cafeteria into a temporary mosque every Friday during class hours, with boys praying in front, girls praying behind them separated by a barrier and menstruating girls obliged to sit at the very back to observe- the service but not participate.

Toronto school trustees upheld the practice, and since then, Friday congregational prayers have been spreading though the public school system..."

http://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/muslims-demand-right-preach-public-schools-canada

I wonder how tolerant these schools would be of Christian or Jewish prayer services on school property? Would they allow the cafeteria to be taken over
once a week for Seventh Day Adventist students to worship? According to the
CBC article below, the answer is no!

Religious groups have already been protesting this form of "tolerance":

"About 200 people squared off outside the Toronto District School Board's head office, concerned about Muslim prayer in the city's public schools."

"Groups including the Jewish Defence League of Canada, the Canadian Hindu Advocacy and the Christian Heritage Group, are upset that a middle school in the city's north end has provided Muslim students cafeteria space for a weekly prayer service, saying the board showed favouritism to Islam."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tempers-flare-over-prayer-in-schools-1.1104775

Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Gender Identity - 02/28/17 06:43 PM

Say you're a girl. Say you want to win at sports. But you're not very good.
You think about taking performance drugs.
But that's illegal.
You sit and think.
You scheme.
Ah ha!
You decide to identify as a guy.
But the sports don't let girls compete with guys.
You go to the doctor, and since you fantasize as a boy, he gives you prescriptions for testosterone.
You compete as a girl on the girls team.
And WIN!
People complain you are taking performance drugs.
You say, doctor's orders.
Victory!
You smirk at the other girls.
Posted By: APL

Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Gender Identity - 02/28/17 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: kland
Say you're a girl. Say you want to win at sports. But you're not very good.
You think about taking performance drugs.
But that's illegal.
You sit and think.
You scheme.
Ah ha!
You decide to identify as a guy.
But the sports don't let girls compete with guys.
You go to the doctor, and since you fantasize as a boy, he gives you prescriptions for testosterone.
You compete as a girl on the girls team.
And WIN!
People complain you are taking performance drugs.
You say, doctor's orders.
Victory!
You smirk at the other girls.

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1918668,00.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/201...atino/87787248/

These are obvious syndromes which affect a person, what about more subtle syndromes, some (most?) which have not yet been characterized which affect the brain.

In a recent lecture it was stated that the cells of the brains of us "normal" people may have as much as 50% or more aneuploidy. Aneuploidy is when a cell has an abnormal number of chromosomes. An example of aneuploidy is Down's Syndrome where every cell is affected, by trisomy 21. And even in Down's syndrome the chromosomal count will vary. We know what happens to individuals with Down's Syndrome. What happens to us "normal" people who have a high level of aneuploidy?

Fortunately we have a God that we can trust and who will solve the entire sin problem. Hopefully we will not represent God and how he will treat us sinners.

Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Gender Identity - 03/01/17 07:39 PM

Yep, I believe that's what I was referring to. Except the report I heard was that she took testosterone.

Your links do show there does indeed come into play such occurrences of true intersex. But I do object to the article saying, "The test will also likely include a psychological profile to see whether she feels herself to be a woman". That is subject to abuse. Feelings have nothing to do with it.

But this raises the question, how should they compete? A true guy, who looks like a woman, which side should he compete on?

What I'm objecting to, and what I believe most are objecting to, are guys who are truly guys, deciding they want to be a woman. And the opposite case, too. However, I believe most people would consider allowing an exception or accommodation for the truly genetic problem ones.

For the truly genetic girl, who looks like a guy, can you imagine them showering with the other girls? She may be a girl, but looking anatomically like a guy would make some of the others uncomfortable, to say the least.

I guess the issue comes to the news because the increased population brings the probability of those individuals coming to light.

But no matter what, should those who "feel", or really are different than what they thought, should they take drugs to be different? Should taxation through ObamaCare pay for such things?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church