How do we define natural? What is natural and what isn't natural?

Posted By: Alchemy

How do we define natural? What is natural and what isn't natural? - 07/14/17 06:06 AM

How do we define natural?

How does the scientific community define natural? It can be strange sometimes.
Posted By: dedication

Re: How do we define natural? What is natural and what isn't natural? - 07/14/17 07:57 AM

Natural tends to be things that are, or things that happen without a lot of intervention.

We say a ladies hair is a natural color, if it has not been color treated with dyes.

We say a "natural diet" is eating foods as grown, not having been highly processed and with a lot of preservatives and other things added.

Then there are "natural feelings" and "unnatural feelings" which is moving more into the subjective.

A mother's natural feelings to her new born baby is one of fierce love and protection.Sadly those "natural feelings" can be perverted.
It is "unnatural" for a mother to abandon and mistreat her own baby.
Posted By: Garywk

Re: How do we define natural? What is natural and what isn't natural? - 07/14/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Alchemy
How do we define natural?

How does the scientific community define natural? It can be strange sometimes.

In what context? These questions are so open-ended they're next to impossible to answer.
Posted By: dedication

Re: How do we define natural? What is natural and what isn't natural? - 07/15/17 11:19 PM

Definition of natural science according to Webster:

"any of the sciences (such as physics, chemistry, or biology) that deal with matter, energy, and their interrelations and transformations or with objectively measurable phenomena"

So what are the thoughts you wish to pursue on this thread?
Posted By: kland

Re: How do we define natural? What is natural and what isn't natural? - 07/17/17 05:35 PM

Or as some define it:
Natural science - without God.

Re: How do we define natural? What is natural and what isn't natural? - 07/24/17 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: dedication
Natural tends to be things that are, or things that happen without a lot of intervention.

We say a ladies hair is a natural color, if it has not been color treated with dyes.

We say a "natural diet" is eating foods as grown, not having been highly processed and with a lot of preservatives and other things added.

Then there are "natural feelings" and "unnatural feelings" which is moving more into the subjective.

A mother's natural feelings to her new born baby is one of fierce love and protection.Sadly those "natural feelings" can be perverted.
It is "unnatural" for a mother to abandon and mistreat her own baby.

I like to say "when nature is left to take its course". But, when I say this, I mean any processes as well as the end effect.

In Europe, scientists have been raising cows for a few decades through artificial insemination. What the scientists do is capture the semen from the bull and strain out all the weak sperm and artificially inseminate the female with the strongest sperm. They insist there aren't any chemicals or hormones introduced in the process.

These cows have over the decades become like some massive body builder on steroids. Even the carcass reveals this physic.

Something like this might be safe to eat, but, it isn't natural.

I hope I was clear.

Re: How do we define natural? What is natural and what isn't natural? - 07/26/17 04:03 AM

Here's the documentary;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyLLRjB3NWk
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church