Rap and the explosion of crime

Posted By: Garywk

Rap and the explosion of crime - 12/04/23 04:12 PM

I just ran across this video. It seems there was a secret meeting in the late 80s or early 90s in which music industry leaders and private prison corporations got together and signed ndas enforced by the cia to promote gangsta rap. The private prison corporations had contracts with the states requiring them to maintain a 90% population level. So they conspired with the record labels to push only one form of rap. rap that glorified crime. The number of prisons in the us was then 500. Now there are 1700.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1731376487331197009
Posted By: Rick H

Re: Rap and the explosion of crime - 12/05/23 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Garywk
I just ran across this video. It seems there was a secret meeting in the late 80s or early 90s in which music industry leaders and private prison corporations got together and signed ndas enforced by the cia to promote gangsta rap. The private prison corporations had contracts with the states requiring them to maintain a 90% population level. So they conspired with the record labels to push only one form of rap. rap that glorified crime. The number of prisons in the us was then 500. Now there are 1700.

I would say its not wise to get into these types of unproven or basically unsound conspiracy theories out there..

Re: Rap and the explosion of crime - 12/05/23 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rick H
Originally Posted by Garywk

I would say its not wise to get into these types of unproven or basically unsound conspiracy theories out there..

I guess it all depends on what a person calls a "conspiracy theory". Are you aware that it was the cia who coined the term in the first place to denigrate those who figured out what they were doing behind the scenes?

There have always been conspiracies. You too Brutus? The jacobins and the French revolution. The Pharisees murder of Jesus. Saul trying to kill David. The murder of all the king's sons so Athaliah could be queen. The saving of Joash so he could become king at age 7. Guy Fawkes day. The devil rebelling against God in heaven. These are only a very few of countless conspiracies down through time.

To tell if something is true or not a person has to look at the evidence. Was there a huge growth in crime starting in the early 90s? Have privately run prisons become far more common than state run prisons? Has prison growth exploded since the early 90s? Has the growth in prison population been in minorities and especially young blacks?

Re: Rap and the explosion of crime - 12/05/23 04:20 PM

There has been a massive growth in prison populations since 1985. There were fewer that 750,000 prisoners in 1985. In 1997 there were more 1,725,000 people in prison with an estimated 2,000,000 by 2000. Blacks make up 13% of the US population. They make up 37% of the prison population.

I would say the numbers verify the assertions.
Posted By: kland

Re: Rap and the explosion of crime - 12/06/23 05:17 PM

I would think some presented in the video as conflict of interest facts could be verified. And then one must ask the question, why the conflicts in investments?

Re: Rap and the explosion of crime - 12/06/23 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by kland
I would think some presented in the video as conflict of interest facts could be verified. And then one must ask the question, why the conflicts in investments?

Our entire world is corrupt. Why this should even be questioned is amazing to me.

Re: Rap and the explosion of crime - 12/14/23 12:57 AM

So if the entire world is corrupt, could you not see how the prisons and music industry could be corrupt?

Re: Rap and the explosion of crime - 12/14/23 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by kland
So if the entire world is corrupt, could you not see how the prisons and music industry could be corrupt?

Huh? Your point?

Re: Rap and the explosion of crime - 01/02/24 01:59 AM

Were you asking if I were questioning it or saying why would our corrupt world even think of questioning it.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church