"God's Army"

Posted By: teresaq

"God's Army" - 02/02/24 05:33 AM

It is a fearful thing to claim to be what God neither called nor sanctioned.

2 Chronicles 20:15 And he said, Hearken ye,...Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's...17Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you,

22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.

23 For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.

24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.

A far less violent response from God was seen when God was challenged in the tower of Babel. I suspect there will continue to be a combination of responses from God as seen in the bible for daring to claim to be acting for Him!

So far the confusion sown amongst them has been quite mild...but that doesn't count the person who beheaded his father because of the agitating liars he was listening to about the southern border.

Ongoing current events of the past few years have really put the bible in perspective for me!
Posted By: Kevin H

Re: "God's Army" - 02/04/24 12:15 AM

Thank you Teresaq. While we need to deal with the immigration crisis, I think that his "Army of God" claim is going too far and makes me think of the "Army of God" lead by Saul to Damascus. Sometimes, or maybe often, it is best to humbly point out what we are standing for without giving it something overly glorious as if we totally understood all there is about God. Once we say that one aspect of something that concerns us is us performing God's work, then we can use the same claim with other things that may not be God's will.

What is influencing me is how we got our church's name: Many wanted to have the name "The Church of God" or other exalted names. But Mrs. White supported a simple description of who we are and where we were currently at, the simple and humble "Seventh-day Adventist" Our name keeps us humble and keeps us searching and growing.

Sadly, we are living in a time where there are people who want to make us a Christian nation, including the supporting of Sunday Laws. They can do at least as good, if not a better job if they used a name of something like "Concerned about our border" or something like that.
Posted By: teresaq

Re: "God's Army" - 02/04/24 12:44 AM

That is pretty well stated in my view from a fellow U.S. citizen. 👌
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church