On Being Like Jesus

Posted By: Mountain Man

On Being Like Jesus - 03/09/10 07:32 PM

Click here.

This book is a detailed description of the miracle of rebirth, conversion, and character perfection - On Being Like Jesus. It is essentially a compilation of KJV and SOP passages. You may be surprised at the insights shared and advocated. You will either be delighted or disgusted depending on whether or not you believe being kind and loving and obedient like Jesus is possible.

The conclusions contained in this book may very well be the truths necessary to effect revival and reformation within the SDA community. It could also cause the shaking followed by the outpouring of the latter rain and the long awaited return of Jesus. Already many precious souls have been abundantly blessed and their walk with Jesus much improved. One way or another it is very likely you'll never be the same after reading this book.

God bless as you read and study this book.
Posted By: Tom

Re: On Being Like Jesus - an online book. - 03/10/10 08:23 AM

Very impressive, Mike. Did you do this all yourself? (I mean the layout, not the writing).

That's almost 200 pages. That must have been an awful lot of work. How long did you work on putting this together?

I just glanced at the book. I'll look it over more carefully as I have time.

Re: On Being Like Jesus - an online book. - 03/10/10 07:04 PM

Thanks, Tom. Yeah, it was a lot of work. Took me several years to complete. It went through two editors. There are still a few typos and some poorly placed or missing punctuation. I might run it through one more editor to clean things up. It definitely has an earthy flare.
Posted By: kland

Re: On Being Like Jesus - an online book. - 03/11/10 12:17 AM

I'm not sure you were one who ever said it, but I've been told by others on this forum that we should NOT try to be like Jesus. What do you say? I have not read it, but it appears to me that you are suggesting we should be like Jesus and have His character.

Re: On Being Like Jesus - an online book. - 03/11/10 12:39 AM

No, I've never said we cannot be like Jesus. The book makes it very clear. I'm not sure who would have told you. Most people believe we cannot be like Jesus therefore Jesus lived and died the perfect life and death. Some people on this forum believe the righteous results of abiding in Jesus are corrupt and contaminated with sin and selfishness and that this sinful state persists until Jesus returns and changes us in the twinkling of an eye.
Posted By: Tom

Re: On Being Like Jesus - an online book. - 03/11/10 01:47 AM

Regarding the book, I agree with many of the details, but the overall concept of what's important to talk about is where we'd differ. This would be a really good topic to discuss. What's important? Maybe I should start it.

Re: On Being Like Jesus - an online book. - 03/11/10 05:53 AM

Tom, I suppose if we could only write one book I think I'd write the very one I wrote. However, not even Ellen White was able to write just one book. It took writing several books to say what she thought was important. I felt explaining how to be like Jesus was important.

I look forward to reading your book when you finish it.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church