HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Colin] #100107
06/19/08 09:26 PM
06/19/08 09:26 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
God purchasing the right to pardon us is the central theme of this lesson study, so your commentary, Tom, is periferal, but not excluded...

The title of the topic is "The Meaning of His Death."

Quote:
Legal issues undergird experience and relationships, so revealing God is the last part of the Gospel, not the first.

I strongly disagree with this. I'll come back to why.

Quote:
Before we discuss the two death penalties we are naturally under but saved from by grace, we still await and will await your response to MM's posted quotes from Sister White.

I've responded. I've done so in two ways. The first is I explained what I believed it means to say that justice requires that Christ die. The second way is I explained why it cannot be the case that EGW taught that Christ's death was necessary in order for God to be able to legally pardon.

I can't think of any quote that these two points wouldn't adequately answer.

Back to your statement that the revelation of God is the last part of the Gospel. I'll discuss this in a separate post.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Tom] #100108
06/19/08 10:08 PM
06/19/08 10:08 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
 Quote:
What I've been saying is that Christ's death was not necessarily in order for God to be able to legally forgive. If it were, then it would have been necessary in Lucifer's case. But as you correctly point out, it wasn't necessary, either for the legal or the relational aspect.

The fact that Christ's death wasn't necessary in order for God to pardon Lucifer - either relationally or legally - doesn't mean that there was no need for Lucifer's pardon to be also legal.

"Both he and his followers wept, and implored to be taken back into the favor of God. But their sin--their hatred, their envy and jealousy--had been so great that God could not blot it out. It must remain to receive its final punishment." {EW 146.1}

Lucifer's sin was (legally) registered and it had to be (legally) blotted out - or else receive its final punishment. This is legal language, not relational language. So Lucifer's pardon also had a legal aspect.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Tom] #100109
06/19/08 10:38 PM
06/19/08 10:38 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
Legal issues undergird experience and relationships, so revealing God is the last part of the Gospel, not the first.

I disagree with this, as I believe it depicts a misunderstanding of what our problem really is, and the real issues of the Great Controversy.

Quote:
Sin originated in self-seeking. Lucifer, the covering cherub, desired to be first in heaven. He sought to gain control of heavenly beings, to draw them away from their Creator, and to win their homage to himself. Therefore he misrepresented God, attributing to Him the desire for self-exaltation. With his own evil characteristics he sought to invest the loving Creator. Thus he deceived angels. Thus he deceived men. He led them to doubt the word of God, and to distrust His goodness. Because God is a God of justice and terrible majesty, Satan caused them to look upon Him as severe and unforgiving. Thus he drew men to join him in rebellion against God, and the night of woe settled down upon the world.

The earth was dark through misapprehension of God. That the gloomy shadows might be lightened, that the world might be brought back to God, Satan's deceptive power was to be broken. This could not be done by force. The exercise of force is contrary to the principles of God's government; He desires only the service of love; and love cannot be commanded; it cannot be won by force or authority. Only by love is love awakened. To know God is to love Him; His character must be manifested in contrast to the character of Satan. This work only one Being in all the universe could do. Only He who knew the height and depth of the love of God could make it known. Upon the world's dark night the Sun of Righteousness must rise, "with healing in His wings." Mal. 4:2. (DA 21, 22)

1.He sought to gain control of heavenly beings, to draw them away from their Creator, and to win their homage to himself.
2.Therefore he misrepresented God, attributing to Him the desire for self-exaltation.
3.With his own evil characteristics he sought to invest the loving Creator.
4.Thus he deceived angels and men.
5.That the world might be brought back to God, Satan's deceptive power was to be broken.
6.This could not be done by force.
7.The exercise of force is contrary to the principles of God's government.
8.Only by love is love awakened.
9.To know God is to love Him.
10.His character must be manifested in contrast to the character of Satan.

This to me outlines the Gospel beautifully. The last point is the key, and the previous points explain why.

Quote:
Christ exalted the character of God, attributing to him the praise, and giving to him the credit, of the whole purpose of his own mission on earth,--to set men right through the revelation of God. In Christ was arrayed before men the paternal grace and the matchless perfections of the Father. In his prayer just before his crucifixion, he declared, "I have manifested thy name." "I have glorified thee on the earth; I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." When the object of his mission was attained,--the revelation of God to the world,--the Son of God announced that his work was accomplished, and that the character of the Father was made manifest to men.(ST 1/20/90)

This points out that "the whole purpose of his own mission on earth" was "to set men right through the revelation of God." "Whole purpose" is rather inclusive. It means that this is the sum and substance of what Christ was about. This corresponds to point 10 above: His character must be manifested in contrast to the character of Satan.

Thus the idea that revealing God is the last part of the Gospel cannot be correct. That God is like Jesus Christ is the heart and soul of the Gospel. The revelation of God was not the "last part" of Christ's mission, but the "whole purpose" of Christ's mission. What was this to accomplish? To "set men right with God."

Whatever legal aspects we wish to consider must be understood in the context of what was happening in the Great Controversy. Satan was seeking to win homage to himself by misrepresenting God's character as being like his own. This is how he wins converts, even today. How God counters this is by manifesting His true character through Jesus Christ.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Tom] #100110
06/19/08 10:55 PM
06/19/08 10:55 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
T:What I've been saying is that Christ's death was not necessarily in order for God to be able to legally forgive. If it were, then it would have been necessary in Lucifer's case. But as you correctly point out, it wasn't necessary, either for the legal or the relational aspect.

R:The fact that Christ's death wasn't necessary in order for God to pardon Lucifer - either relationally or legally - doesn't mean that there was no need for Lucifer's pardon to be also legal.

I don't know why you're making this point. My point was that God offered Lucifer pardon, which surely would have been a legal pardon, without Christ's dying. If Christ's death were necessary in order for God to legally pardon, then Christ would have had to have died in order for God to legally pardon Lucifer. But Christ didn't die, while God offered Lucifer a legal pardon. Therefore it's not necessary for Christ to die in order for God to offer legal pardons.

I never said that the pardon offered by God to Lucifer was not legal.

Quote:
"Both he and his followers wept, and implored to be taken back into the favor of God. But their sin--their hatred, their envy and jealousy--had been so great that God could not blot it out. It must remain to receive its final punishment." {EW 146.1}

Lucifer's sin was (legally) registered and it had to be (legally) blotted out - or else receive its final punishment. This is legal language, not relational language. So Lucifer's pardon also had a legal aspect.

The legal aspect is simply recognizing the reality of the situation. If it were possible for Lucifer and his followers to repent, then God would have forgiven them. Of course! How could He not? This is His nature. He would have loved to have had Lucifer back, and his followers. He loved them as dear children.

But this wasn't possible. Not because of a legality, but because of their heart. God knew that they were not repentant, which was born out by their actions. Just after what you quoted, we read:

Quote:
When Satan became fully conscious that there was no possibility of his being brought again into favor with God, his malice and hatred began to be manifest. He consulted with his angels, and a plan was laid to still work against God's government.

Satan hated God. If his issue were a legal one, it could be easily solved by way of pardon. But his issue was one of heart and mind. Satan had gone past the point of no return. He could not be healed. And so God could not blot out his sin.

The blotting out of sin is simply a recognition of the reality of a lack of sin in one's character. Sin can only be blotted out in heaven if it's been blotted out in the heart. Conversely, if sin is blotted out in the heart, it is blotted out in heaven.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Tom] #100111
06/19/08 11:38 PM
06/19/08 11:38 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
 Quote:
I don't know why you're making this point. My point was that God offered Lucifer pardon, which surely would have been a legal pardon, without Christ's dying.

There was no penalty of death before a willfull transgression had been committed. When Lucifer and his followers transgressed the law willfully, "their hatred, their envy and jealousy--[became] so great that God could not blot it out."

To sin willfully is to reject the law.

"Every willful transgression is an act of rebellion against its Author. Every one who assumes this attitude, is by his practice saying to the people, 'The requirements of God are exacting and severe, a yoke of bondage. Let us break this yoke from off our necks, and be at liberty.'" {ST, January 19, 1882 par. 13}

"After all this, if man refuses to respond to the great sacrifice which has been made to ennoble and to save him, if he obstinately chooses the path of sin, will the great Judge of all the earth excuse the willful transgression of his holy law?" {ST, January 6, 1881 par. 16}

"The least deviation from that law, by neglect, or willful transgression, is sin, and every sin exposes the sinner to the wrath of God." {ST, March 3, 1881 par. 9}

Last edited by Rosangela; 06/19/08 11:53 PM. Reason: add quotes
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Tom] #100112
06/20/08 12:37 AM
06/20/08 12:37 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Tom, you've answered our points by repeating your own points, which hasn't dealt with our points at all - for you have avoided our points. Since you won't acccept the rest of the gospel teaching which we have presented to you, as is in the lesson Quarterly for this topic, I have nothing more to say that I can think of. Except,...

God's justice is rooted in his most essential characteristic: his holiness, which abhors and condemns sin, and whose law requires and recognises his Son's substitution of our death for us to be pardoned of that death sentence. We are pardoned because Christ legally suffered the death due us, without whose death we COULD NOT be pardoned. God's holiness both demands and supplies our death, by his Son, and only thereby can we be freed from our natures' enmity to God, so that we might then learn to love him as he first loved us. Christ's death allowed God to pardon us. It's implied by God's holiness and his law. Without it there can be no rebirth, either...

Incidentally: Lucifer sinned in God's presence and that is unpardonable, as a matter of principle, not just a corrupt attitude on Satan's part.

I fear for you, brother.

Last edited by Colin; 06/20/08 12:47 AM.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Colin] #100113
06/20/08 03:33 AM
06/20/08 03:33 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
T:I don't know why you're making this point. My point was that God offered Lucifer pardon, which surely would have been a legal pardon, without Christ's dying.

R:There was no penalty of death before a willfull transgression had been committed. When Lucifer and his followers transgressed the law willfully, "their hatred, their envy and jealousy--[became] so great that God could not blot it out."

If instead of thinking of things in terms of a penalty but in terms of results of certain actions, it would be easier to understand things. The problem is that sin leads to death. Not because God decided that sin should have a penalty, but because it does.

For example, if you smoke, you may get cancer. Not because God has decreed that smokers should get cancer as a penalty, but because smoking causes damage to your body.

Similarly sin spiritually damages us. It causes us to be out of harmony with God. It doesn't change God in any way, but it changes us. This change is clearly seen in Adam and Eve.

After Adam and Eve sinned, they ran from God. Why? Because they felt ashamed and afraid. Sin had changed the way they viewed God, profoundly so.

Regarding Satan, there were a number of steps in his fall, each more serious than the previous one, finally getting to the point to where he could no longer be healed. Satan reached the point to where he lost any desire or ability to be restored to harmony with God. His hatred of God became final and lethal.

At first Satan felt slighted because God invited Christ in close counsel and he was not invited. It is likely he honestly did not understand that Christ was by nature superior to himself, but this was explained to him. Yet, even after this, he continued obstinately, for a long time.

He decided to win converts to his side. He developed a plan to do so. His plan was to misrepresent God's character in order to win converts to his side.

He followed a downward slide which included resentment, resitence, rejection, and as a final step rebellion. In no way was he innocent of willfully sinning until the final step of rebellion.

Quote:
To sin willfully is to reject the law.

God offered over and over again to pardon Lucifer of his sin. He gave him the chance to confess his sin before being banished from heaven.

Quote:
Satan had excited sympathy in his favor by representing that God had dealt unjustly with him in bestowing supreme honor upon Christ. Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, his course was with convincing clearness shown to be wrong, and he was granted an opportunity to confess his sin, and submit to God's authority as just and righteous.(4SP 319)

If we replace sin with "willfully rejected the law" we get "Before he was sentenced to banishment from Heaven, ..., he was granted an opportunity to confess his willfully rejection of the law." Had he done so, he would have been forgiven and restored to his position. Before reaching this point, God had long been working with Satan, and had offered him pardon "again and again."

All of this is without Christ having died. Thus it is very clear that God is able to offer legal pardons without Christ's having to die.

Quote:
"Every willful transgression is an act of rebellion against its Author. Every one who assumes this attitude, is by his practice saying to the people, 'The requirements of God are exacting and severe, a yoke of bondage. Let us break this yoke from off our necks, and be at liberty.'" {ST, January 19, 1882 par. 13}

In order to be saved from sin, we must be healed of our rebellious spirit. This could only be done by Christ's revelation of God. The whole purpose of Christ's mission was "the revelation of God" in order to heal us of things like rebellion.

Quote:
"After all this, if man refuses to respond to the great sacrifice which has been made to ennoble and to save him, if he obstinately chooses the path of sin, will the great Judge of all the earth excuse the willful transgression of his holy law?" {ST, January 6, 1881 par. 16}

If a person insists upon retaining a rebellious spirit, how could God forgive him? Even if He did, what good would it do? Without repentance and submission, the rebel would simply continue in rebellion, endangering all in his path, including himself.

Quote:
"The least deviation from that law, by neglect, or willful transgression, is sin, and every sin exposes the sinner to the wrath of God." {ST, March 3, 1881 par. 9}

The wrath of God is giving a person over to the result of their choice. For example, in Romans 1 we read:

Quote:
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Here we see the wrath of God revealed. God "gave them over" to their desires.

"Ephraim is joined to idols, let him alone:" (Hosea 4:17)

This is the wrath of God. Yes, sin exposes us to this, because the more we resist the goodness of God which leads us to repentance, the more we harden our hearts, the closer we come to reaching the point that Satan reached, the point of no return, to where we can no longer be healed, and God has no choice but to "give us up."

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Tom] #100114
06/20/08 03:45 AM
06/20/08 03:45 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
God's justice is rooted in his most essential characteristic: his holiness, which abhors and condemns sin, and whose law requires and recognises his Son's substitution of our death for us to be pardoned of that death sentence.

If we have a loved one who engages in drugs, it is not surprising that we might hate drugs. Why? Because we know of the damage it can cause our loved ones. Similarly, God abhors and condemns sin, not for reasons based on self, but because of the harm it does to His loved ones. God is love, and wants only the best for His children. He has a righteous indignation, such as Christ displayed, against those who would harm them.

The requirements of His law are not arbitrary, but are simply a recognition of reality. The law is a transcript of God's character, which was fully and beautifully revealed by Christ. God is no more holy than Christ was, and His justice no more severe than Christ's. If we wish to see what the law demands in order for God to be able to forgive, we have merely to see how Christ forgave. What did Christ require in order to forgive the paralytic?

Quote:
We are pardoned because Christ legally suffered the death due us, without whose death we COULD NOT be pardoned. God's holiness both demands and supplies our death, by his Son, and only thereby can we be freed from our natures' enmity to God, so that we might then learn to love him as he first loved us. Christ's death allowed God to pardon us.

Where did Christ teach this?

Quote:
It's implied by God's holiness and his law. Without it there can be no rebirth, either.

The law is simply a transcript of God's character. What in God's holiness implies He can't forgive without violence? Where in Christ's character do we see such an idea?

Quote:
Incidentally: Lucifer sinned in God's presence and that is unpardonable, as a matter of principle, not just a corrupt attitude on Satan's part.

It was unpardonable in the sense that God was unable to heal him from what he had done, but out of spite on God's part. God would have been willing to pardon him, and, indeed, offered to pardon him "again and again." God gave Satan the opportunity to confess his sin before being banished from heaven, so how can you say it was unpardonable? Everything that God did demonstrates clearly that God was willing to pardon Satan. The only reason Satan was not pardoned is that he didn't want to be.

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Tom] #100119
06/20/08 12:16 PM
06/20/08 12:16 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
 Quote:
We are pardoned because Christ legally suffered the death due us, without whose death we COULD NOT be pardoned. God's holiness both demands and supplies our death, by his Son, and only thereby can we be freed from our natures' enmity to God, so that we might then learn to love him as he first loved us. Christ's death allowed God to pardon us.

Where did Christ teach this?

Gospel teaching only from Jesus' utterances? That's wrong: the whole Bible teaches the Gospel, and the whole Bible teaches this, from Moses to Paul to Jesus himself, as well as the SOP. We have presented it to you, but you insist that doesn't fit: that's your problem, not ours, since we include your p.o.v. on the gospel, but you don't allow ours - which is as and more important, leaving you tenuously close to the fringe of faith.

"Ransom" is your problem, not mine, not for the rest of us, as it is presented in this Sabbath School lesson. You hold to logic more than reality, losing sight of the law in the process. We are under the curse of the law by nature and choice, and saved by grace with Christ's legally secured pardon from that curse: consider MM new, private forum thread on this issue,"What does this mean?" Sort it, for we can't do it for you.

We try to pray for each other. ;\)

Last edited by Colin; 06/20/08 12:24 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson #10 - The Meaning of His DEATH [Re: Colin] #100121
06/20/08 03:24 PM
06/20/08 03:24 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Above all, one would think that Jesus would explain the meaning of His death. You have stated the following:

Quote:
We are pardoned because Christ legally suffered the death due us, without whose death we COULD NOT be pardoned. God's holiness both demands and supplies our death, by his Son, and only thereby can we be freed from our natures' enmity to God, so that we might then learn to love him as he first loved us. Christ's death allowed God to pardon us

I've repeatedly asked for proof that Jesus Christ taught this, and all you've mentioned is this:

Quote:
For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. (Mark 10:45)

There's nothing in this verse that mentions anything at all about being pardoned because Christ legally suffered the death due to us. Nothing. Surely you should be able to see this. It simply says Christ gave His life as a ransom. Now what does this mean?

There are a couple of ways one could go about this. One would be to consider what it would have meant to those who heard Jesus speak. If one researches this, one will find that there is no chance that anyone hearing Christ's words would have understood it as meaning what you are claiming.

Another way would be to consider the other teachings of Jesus Christ. An established principle is that controverted statements should be interpreted in the light of ones which aren't. What did Jesus teach elsewhere? Did He teach anything anywhere about needing to die in order to obtain a legal pardon? If so, where?

Another way one could go about things is to consider the problem that had to be solved, and how the death of Christ did this. For example:

1.He sought to gain control of heavenly beings, to draw them away from their Creator, and to win their homage to himself.
2.Therefore he misrepresented God, attributing to Him the desire for self-exaltation.
3.With his own evil characteristics he sought to invest the loving Creator.
4.Thus he deceived angels and men.
5.That the world might be brought back to God, Satan's deceptive power was to be broken.
6.This could not be done by force.
7.The exercise of force is contrary to the principles of God's government.
8.Only by love is love awakened.
9.To know God is to love Him.
10.His character must be manifested in contrast to the character of Satan.

Taking a look at this we see what the problem was, what needed to be done, and how Christ's death fits into this.

If we see Christ's death as necessary to enable God to pardon us, one wonders why. To say that it is because God's holiness demands is simply to repeat the question. Why? What bad thing would happen if God forgave sin without a death taking place? In the case of Lucifer, we see that God was willing to do exactly that. If Lucifer had accepted God's offer, would something bad have resulted, even though Christ had not died?

Another way of going about things would be to consider what are the ramifications of the theory we are espousing. Objections which have raised against this theory is that it doesn't have God and Christ working in concert. For example:

Quote:
Every pagan religion has its sacrifice, and this sacrifice is derived from the true Sacrifice by which the world is to be redeemed, through a degeneracy from the true type of that sacrifice which God gave to man at the gate of forfeited Eden. But Satan has brought it around so that the pagan sacrifice means just the opposite of the true. The meaning of the true sacrifice is this: “God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son.” Every sacrifice truly offered was a revelation, an expression of that great sacrifice by which God was to give the pledge to all his intelligent creatures of all worlds that he so loved them that, if need be, he would give his life to redeem them....

The true idea of the atonement makes God and Christ equal in their love, and one in their purpose of saving humanity. “God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself.” The life of Christ was not the price paid to the Father for our pardon; but that life was the price which the Father paid to so manifest his loving power as to bring us to that repentant attitude of mind where he could pardon us freely.
(Fifield, God is Love)

We see both God and Christ working together to do that which was necessary to save man from sin, regardless of the cost.

Reply Quote
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!