HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: Rosangela] #118134
08/25/09 04:55 PM
08/25/09 04:55 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
i realize you are trying to bring "balance" but i think studying His life would do that.

Quote:
He did not fail nor become discouraged.

He lived above these difficulties,
as if in the light of God's countenance.
these statements, seem to me, to be what should be highlighted.

even tho we claim to be christian we are all at different levels or stages of understanding, we all have limited vision, when it comes to the character of God, and so fail in our treatment of our fellowman, not to mention everything else.

knowing how Jesus reacted, once we get over the "i dont want to do that" laugh mentality, and how, can really help.

so, was Jesus weak for turning the other cheek, or did He know something we dont?

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: teresaq] #118158
08/25/09 08:47 PM
08/25/09 08:47 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
M: Why would you limit it to Jesus' life here on earth? Ellen White taught that we should study Jesus' example in both the OT and the NT. She wrote, "All that man needs to know and can know of God has been revealed in [1] His Word and in [2] the life of His Son, the great Teacher." {6BC 1079.9}

T: [See Bible quotes below]:

Mat 26:56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.
Mat 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
Mar 14:49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Act 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
Rom 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Teresa, you appear to be agreeing with me. If so, then I'd say a celebration is in order.

yay yay yay

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: Mountain Man] #118160
08/25/09 09:04 PM
08/25/09 09:04 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
we are agreeing that the scriptures, start to finish, testified of a Savior from our predicament?

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: teresaq] #118196
08/26/09 04:39 PM
08/26/09 04:39 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I thought we were agreeing on the following: "All that man needs to know and can know of God has been revealed in [1] His Word and in [2] the life of His Son, the great Teacher." {6BC 1079.9}

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: Mountain Man] #118226
08/27/09 04:30 AM
08/27/09 04:30 AM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
did you know that there are only two fragments of the manuscript that that came from, at least that i know of?

in its context she is referring to kelloggs living temples pantheism.

she was stressing that God has "personality" which means that He has a form, a real solid Being, in Whose physical image we were created.

the two fragments:
Human talent and human conjecture have tried by searching to find out God. But guesswork has proved itself to be guesswork. Man cannot by searching find out God. This problem has not been given to human beings. All that man needs to know and can know of God has been revealed in His Word and in the life of His Son, the great Teacher. {6BC 1079.9}
Let men remember that they have a Ruler in the heavens, a God who will not be trifled with. He who puts his reason to the stretch in an effort to exalt himself and to delineate God, will find that he might far better have stood as a humble suppliant before God, confessing himself to be only an erring human being. {6BC 1079.10}
God cannot be understood by men. His ways and works are past finding out. In regard to the revelations that He has made of Himself in His Word, we may talk, but other than this, let us say of Him, Thou art God, and Thy ways are past finding out. {6BC 1079.11}
There is a knowledge of God and of Christ which all who are saved must have. "This is life eternal," Christ said, "that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." {6BC 1079.12}
The question for us to study is, What is truth--the truth for this time, which is to be cherished, loved, honored, and obeyed? The devotees of science have been defeated and disheartened in their effort to find out God. What they need to inquire is, What is truth (MS 124, 1903)? {6BC 1079.13}

The seventeenth chapter of John speaks plainly regarding the personality of God and of Christ, and of their relation to each other. "Father, the hour is come," Christ said: "glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee." [John 17:23, 3, 5-11 quoted.] Here is personality, and individuality (MS 124, 1903). {5BC 1145.10}

testimonies 8 devotes many, many, pages to the subject. kellogg became a trinitarian. trinitarianism supports spiritualism in all its forms. it denies that the Father has a form, "body and parts".

so, yes, in that regard, the ot, as well as Jesus, point out quite clearly that the Father, as well as the Son, possibly the Holy Spirit, definitely have "personality", form, "body and parts". we arent given much info on the Holy Spirit, and according to the statements above we are not to speculate.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: teresaq] #118253
08/27/09 05:40 PM
08/27/09 05:40 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Teresa, thank you for sharing. Yes, I knew Ellen White was arguing against panhteism. But, do you think the following insight refers to more than the mere fact God is physical Being? "All that man needs to know and can know of God has been revealed in [1] His Word and in [2] the life of His Son, the great Teacher." {6BC 1079.9}

PS - The following insights clearly say the Holy Spirit is as much a person as the Father is:

We need to realize that the Holy Spirit, who is as much a person as God is a person, is walking through these grounds. --Manuscript 66, 1899. (From a talk to the students at the Avondale School.) {Ev 616.5}

The Holy Spirit is a person, for He beareth witness with our spirits that we are the children of God. When this witness is borne, it carries with it its own evidence. At such times we believe and are sure that we are the children of God. . . . {Ev 616.6}

The Holy Spirit has a personality, else He could not bear witness to our spirits and with our spirits that we are the children of God. He must also be a divine person, else He could not search out the secrets which lie hidden in the mind of God. "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God."--Manuscript 20, 1906. {Ev 617.1}

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: Mountain Man] #118284
08/27/09 10:52 PM
08/27/09 10:52 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Teresa, thank you for sharing. Yes, I knew Ellen White was arguing against panhteism. But, do you think the following insight refers to more than the mere fact God is physical Being? "All that man needs to know and can know of God has been revealed in [1] His Word and in [2] the life of His Son, the great Teacher." {6BC 1079.9}
i think ellen white added the extra two words in this instance to deal with the pantheism issue.

if you wish to add it to her other statements in other contexts that is your perogative.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: teresaq] #118309
08/28/09 03:43 PM
08/28/09 03:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaaq
i think ellen white added the extra two words in this instance to deal with the pantheism issue. if you wish to add it to her other statements in other contexts that is your perogative.

"All that man needs to know and can know of God has been revealed in [1] His Word and in [2] the life of His Son, the great Teacher." {6BC 1079.9}

So, yes, you believe this statement is limited to the pantheism issue. Thank you for answering my question.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: Mountain Man] #118341
08/29/09 02:32 AM
08/29/09 02:32 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, she also said elsewhere that all that can be known of God was revealed in the life and character of His Son. So what we learn of God in Scripture was revealed in the life and character of His Son? Do you understand this? I'll try to illustrate by an example.

Say in one place she wrote, all that can be known about something (say "thing 1") was revealed by X and Y, and elsewhere she wrote, "All that can be known about thing 1 was revealed by X." This means that

1.All that can be known about thing 1 was revealed by X.
2.All that can be known about thing 1 was revealed by X and Y.

From this, by simple logic (which I hope makes sense to you) we can conclude that there may be things about thing 1 which X revealed but Y did not, but there cannot be anything that Y revealed about thing 1 that X did not.

So, in terms of the EGW quotes, it is a true statement that everything that can be known of God was revealed in the union of 1)the live and character of Jesus Christ in His humanity and 2)Scripture. It's also a true statement that everything that can be known of God was revealed in the life and character of Jesus Christ in His humanity.

I hope you can follow this. The key point is that, based the the EGW statements, there's nothing revealed about God in Scripture that was not revealed in the life and character of His Son in His humanity.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus Weak for Turning the Other Cheek? [Re: Tom] #118380
08/30/09 01:08 AM
08/30/09 01:08 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, prove your point. For example, when did Jesus command someone to stone a sinner to death? When did Jesus withdraw His protection and allow the forces of nature to cause death and destruction? When did Jesus withdraw His protection and permit evil angels to cause death and destruction? These are all things you believe Jesus did in the OT.

Reply Quote
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!