HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 91 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #118399
08/30/09 05:58 AM
08/30/09 05:58 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M:Tom, I have always agreed that there are times when God permits evil angels to cause death and destruction. I’m not disputing this point. Please believe me.

I know this. Where we differ is you perceive this to be a way that God destroys. That is, you see God as behind the destruction, even in times when He permits it. You seem this as simply one of the methods God uses.

What I perceive is that there are a thousand dangers from which God protects us, all of them unseen, and when God withdraws His protection from these thousand dangers, this is sufficient to explain all the incidents where God is said to have done this or that violent thing. I suppose I should say this principle in conjunction with the principle that God is often presented as doing that which he permits.

Quote:
However, I believe there are also times when God commands holy angels to cause death and destruction. You seem to reject this point.

This would be equivalent to God's doing the act Himself. It's different than the cases where God "commanded" the COI to "cause death and destruction" as holy angels have no proclivity to acting violently.

Quote:
I asked, “’The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when He permits.’ In what sense do you think the ‘destructive power’ exercised by both holy and evil angels is the ‘same’? What similarities do they share?” And you responded by saying, “To answer your question, it is evident the power exercised by holy angels is a restraining power.”

You seem to be saying, destructive power = restraining power. If so, then you also seem to be implying evil angels will exercise the same restraining power exercised by holy angels. But this doesn’t sound right to me. It is the same thing as saying evil angels will restrain evil angels. If this is indeed the truth, who or what, then, will pour out the seven last plagues? Will “justice” do it? If so, who or what is “justice”?

This doesn't make any sense to me. What I see happening is the holy angels restrain the destructive evil angels. The context of the GC statement, both before and after, bring out this is what's happening, as do other statements dealing with God's judgments and plagues, which I quoted previously.

Quote:
Also, do you know of any inspired passages that specifically say evil angels will cause the death and destruction described in the seven last plagues? Ellen White wrote the following about it:

Let's look at one of these:

Quote:
I was shown that the seven last plagues will be poured out after Jesus leaves the sanctuary. Said the angel, "It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked." {EW 52.1}

Here's a parallel passage:

Quote:
When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected His mercy, despised His love, and trampled upon His law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble.(GC 614)

The first quote says: "It is the wrath of God and the Lamb that causes the destruction or death of the wicked."

The second quote explains what this means:

1.The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed.
2.The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn.
3.Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one.
4.Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble.

There are many statements like this, and I've quoted a great many of these. I don't think quoting more will make any difference. I think you prefer to see God as being destructive. There's certainly enough evidence to see the *possibility* that He might not be destructive. To my mind, it makes a lot more sense to view the passages in inspiration, whether in Scripture or the SOP, according to the principle that God is often presented as doing that which He permits, and that destructive things occur when God is caused to remove His protection. It makes much more sense given the teaching of Jesus Christ. I just can't see that the view you have agrees at all with Jesus Christ, in either His life or teachings.

Quote:
BTW, some people attempt to make the following passage apply to the seven last plagues, but is evident from the context that she is not referring to them:

No, the context make clear that it applies. It says:

Quote:
It is Satan's power that is at work at sea and on land, bringing calamity and distress, and sweeping off multitudes to make sure of his prey. And storm and tempest both by sea and land will be, for Satan has come down in great wrath. He is at work. He knows his time is short and, if he is not restrained, we shall see more terrible manifestations of his power than we have ever dreamed of.

1.It is Satan's power that is at work at sea and on land, bringing calamity and distress, and sweeping off multitudes to make sure of his prey.
2.And storm and tempest both by sea and land will be, for Satan has come down in great wrath.
3.He knows his time is short and, if he is not restrained, we shall see more terrible manifestations of his power than we have ever dreamed of.

There comes a time when, regarding the plagues, God "prevents them not." From the above we see that Satan is at work at sea and on land, by storm and tempest, in great wrath, because he knows his time is short. When Christ leaves the sanctuary, and Satan is no longer restrained, we shall see more terrible manifestations of his power.

It's very easy to see that this explains what will happen. It's only a lack of desire to see things this way that one lead one not to see it this way, it seems to me. That is, you have a view of God that causes you to prefer to see God as causing these things as opposed to Satan. That's the real root of our difference.

Quote:
M: Are you suggesting you in no way believe God must work supernaturally to arbitrarily prevent the forces of nature from causing universal devastation and mass extinction?

T: I think that's a very odd way of putting things. It's hard to know exactly what it means. I would say that God manages nature, and if He withdraws His management, bad things are bound to happen.

M: Why are bad things bound to happen? What laws or forces would be at work when God stops managing nature?

T: There's too many to list. One example of God's managing things for the protection of man is in the great beasts such as dinosaurs dying out. The SOP points out that man did not have the strength to manage these beasts.

M: True, but we weren’t talking about what God does to protect us. Instead, we were talking about what laws or forces are at work when nature is destructive.

T: I said this above, "I would say that God manages nature, and if He withdraws His management, bad things are bound to happen." I was giving an example of this.

M: But your example does not address my question.

T: Yes it did. You asked what forces of nature were involved. I said there were too many to list, and gave an example of one (a force of nature) in answer to your question.

M:Are you saying dinosaurs were a force of nature God managed to cause death and destruction?

No. Read the parts in bold from our conversation. That's what I'm saying.

Quote:
M:“No” doesn’t explain what you believe. All I know is what you don’t believe about it. Please tell me.

There are a thousand dangers, all unseen, from which God protects us. When He is caused to remove His protection, one of these unseen dangers may impact us.

Quote:
M: If so, what changed? Did eating the forbidden fruit upset the balance in nature? That is, did eating a piece of fruit cause the forces of nature to become violent and dangerous? If so, how?

T: Yes. It increased Satan's license to do damage, to name one way.

M:So, are you saying it wasn’t A&E’s sin that upset the balance of nature and caused it to become violent and dangerous?

I'm saying what I said.

Quote:
Or, are you implying what changed is Satan’s right to “control the elements” (GC 589) of nature and that he makes them behave destructively? If so, doesn’t this imply God prevents nature from causing death and destruction by restraining Satan from exercising his power over nature?

I gave this as an example of one way. That doesn't mean it's the only way. I don't see this as important to discuss. I think the general principle is sufficient. The general principle is that God had a plan, and a way of doing things. When man chose Satan as ruler, Satan's government came into play on earth, and we see all sorts of bad things as a result of that. All the bad things that happen are due to sin and Satan. God doesn't cause any of them.

Quote:
M: But we weren’t talking about the destruction of Jerusalem. Instead, we were talking about the effects of being in the presence of Jesus while He was here in the flesh and when He returns the second and third time. All the quotes I posted described the different effects. Do you agree with my observations?

T: I think the principles in all the events are similar. The effect of rejecting truth is more pronounced the more light there is. The destruction which takes place happens because of the rejection of truth, which is the light that gives life to the righteous.

M:Do you agree that the light that radiates from God’s presence will cause sinners to suffer pain similar to the light radiating from Moses’ face caused the COI to suffer pain? If not, why not? Please explain your answer. Thank you.

Regarding the light we're discussing:

Quote:
The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked.

In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the revealer of the character of God. His very presence would make manifest to men their sin. Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they enter into fellowship with Him. Only the pure in heart could abide in His presence. (DA 108)

It seems that Moses countenance was glowing because he had been in presence of Christ, and it was the presence of transgressions in their life that was the problem:

Quote:
The praise of God was in his heart, and the divine glory that attended the giving of the law was so strikingly revealed in his countenance when he came down from the mount to walk with Israel, that the brightness was painful. Because of their transgressions, the people were unable to look upon his face

If it were simply a physical manifestation, the their transgressions wouldn't have caused them to be unable to look at Moses' countenance.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #118400
08/30/09 06:04 AM
08/30/09 06:04 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
you seem to have a talent for coming up with unique interpretations to what is written.

Yes indeed.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #118426
08/30/09 07:06 PM
08/30/09 07:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
T: God's protecting hand protects us from both Satan and the forces of nature. The bad things that happen to those whom God protects may be caused by Satan directly, or not. If not, these bad things may be caused by other evil beings, or by inanimate forces. The basic principle remains the same, which is God removes His protective hand, and bad things happen.

In the case of the plagues, God's servant indicated with the rod what would be destroyed once God's protective hand was removed. It wasn't necessarily Satan who caused the plague to occur, although it might have been. For example, the last plague, the killing of the first-born, looks to have been Satan as opposed to the forces of nature.

M: Thank you for reposting this post. I was away for awhile and did not see this one. You're right, it is the clearest answer Tom has provided. I hear Tom saying:

When God withdraws His protection, the bad things that would have happened naturally are allowed to happen within His established and enforced limits. In other words, things are not allowed to get out of hand, to run their full, natural course. The only things that happen are things God is willing to let happen. In this sense, the things that happen are, at least to some degree, arbitrary and unnatural. However, for these modified, regulated things to happen, the participation of one or more of the following is required - 1) Satan, 2) other evil beings, or 3) inanimate forces. Of course, it is assumed that in the case of number 3, inanimate forces are self-acting, that they can behave destructively independent of God and yet still be managed by God so as not to exceed His established limits. In all of this, God is not to be blamed or credited for the things that happen.

t: you seem to have a talent for coming up with unique interpretations to what is written. smile

I take it you disagree with each and every observation I made in response to Tom's explanation. Be that as it may, it is exactly what he is saying or implying on this thread and elsewhere on this forum.

Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #118427
08/30/09 07:18 PM
08/30/09 07:18 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, to be clear, are you saying the "same destructive power" exercised by holy and evil angels when God commands and permits should be interpreted to mean "the same restraining power"? If so, in what sense do you think evil angels exercise the "same restraining power" as holy angels do?

Re: plagues [Re: Mountain Man] #118435
08/30/09 10:21 PM
08/30/09 10:21 PM
teresaq  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
T: God's protecting hand protects us from both Satan and the forces of nature. The bad things that happen to those whom God protects may be caused by Satan directly, or not. If not, these bad things may be caused by other evil beings, or by inanimate forces. The basic principle remains the same, which is God removes His protective hand, and bad things happen.

In the case of the plagues, God's servant indicated with the rod what would be destroyed once God's protective hand was removed. It wasn't necessarily Satan who caused the plague to occur, although it might have been. For example, the last plague, the killing of the first-born, looks to have been Satan as opposed to the forces of nature.

M: Thank you for reposting this post. I was away for awhile and did not see this one. You're right, it is the clearest answer Tom has provided. I hear Tom saying:

When God withdraws His protection, the bad things that would have happened naturally are allowed to happen within His established and enforced limits. In other words, things are not allowed to get out of hand, to run their full, natural course. The only things that happen are things God is willing to let happen. In this sense, the things that happen are, at least to some degree, arbitrary and unnatural. However, for these modified, regulated things to happen, the participation of one or more of the following is required - 1) Satan, 2) other evil beings, or 3) inanimate forces. Of course, it is assumed that in the case of number 3, inanimate forces are self-acting, that they can behave destructively independent of God and yet still be managed by God so as not to exceed His established limits. In all of this, God is not to be blamed or credited for the things that happen.

t: you seem to have a talent for coming up with unique interpretations to what is written. smile

I take it you disagree with each and every observation I made in response to Tom's explanation. Be that as it may, it is exactly what he is saying or implying on this thread and elsewhere on this forum.
as you see (read) it. smile other people get a different picture of what he is saying.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: plagues [Re: teresaq] #118438
08/30/09 10:50 PM
08/30/09 10:50 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
as you see (read) it. smile other people get a different picture of what he is saying.

I'm not sure your picture of what Tom is saying is quite the same as his own. In any case, it does seem true that you are getting a different picture of what he is saying. I happen to agree with Mike in this case, so I guess we could say "other people get the same picture of what Tom is saying."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #118439
08/30/09 11:25 PM
08/30/09 11:25 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Tom
I know this. Where we differ is you perceive this to be a way that God destroys. That is, you see God as behind the destruction, even in times when He permits it. You seem this as simply one of the methods God uses.

What I perceive is that there are a thousand dangers from which God protects us, all of them unseen, and when God withdraws His protection from these thousand dangers, this is sufficient to explain all the incidents where God is said to have done this or that violent thing. I suppose I should say this principle in conjunction with the principle that God is often presented as doing that which he permits.

I think if we go back to the example someone gave earlier in this thread, we find it to be quite valid here, although I understand that you did not like it for some reason.

Originally Posted By: asygo
Let's say I was holding an egg in my outstretched hand over the edge of the roof of the Empire State Building, and I let go of it so that it is crushed when it hits the ground. How is that ethically different from simply crushing it in my hand?

Swap the egg with a baby and run the same scenario, ask the same question.

Swap the baby with a normal adult and run the same scenario, ask the same question.

That's the crux of the argument between God sending the serpents vs allowing them, sending the plagues vs allowing them, etc.

Your response to this was...

Originally Posted By: Tom
I don't understand why you think this is in any way analogous to the situation we are discussing. These are simply two arbitrary ways of destroying an object.

In the one case you have a being with power choosing between two different ways of destroying an object with no power. In the other case you have a being with power protecting other beings who also have power, and choosing to withdraw the protection when the latter rebelled against the former.

Two questions here:

1) Does any being "have power" compared to God?
2) What sort of "protection" is this when God has Himself created the dangers?

It seems to me that you are trying to have your cake and eat it too. You say that when God withdraws His power, the elements of nature wreak havoc and destruction, not God. But who created nature?

Why would God need to protect us from that which He Himself created?

In other words, to me, your attempt at a gentle picture of God raises some less-than-gentle questions that attack His character in yet a new way.

Either God controls nature, which He created, or He doesn't. If He does control it, how can it ever be rightly said that when a nature-driven plague causes destruction, God was not responsible?

If He does NOT control nature, is that not irresponsible of Him? I guess we could stop singing the song "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: plagues [Re: Green Cochoa] #118445
08/31/09 01:56 AM
08/31/09 01:56 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
MM:I take it you disagree with each and every observation I made in response to Tom's explanation.

No, MM, this isn't true. Sometimes your observations are correct.

Quote:
Be that as it may, it is exactly what he is saying or implying on this thread and elsewhere on this forum.

The best you could say is this is how it appears to you, but quite often your observations are wrong, IMO. For example, in this very post you say:

Quote:
Of course, it is assumed that in the case of number 3, inanimate forces are self-acting

which is, given what I've posted, incredibly wrong. As I've pointed out to you repeatedly, just recently, in this past week (!!), it is I who brought this out to you (that nature is not self-acting), and it is I who quoted from the SOP to establish the point that nature is not self-acting.

Many of your observations on what I write are based on assumptions you hold about things, as opposed to being based on things I actually said.

Quote:
Tom, to be clear, are you saying the "same destructive power" exercised by holy and evil angels when God commands and permits should be interpreted to mean "the same restraining power"?

No.

Quote:
If so, in what sense do you think evil angels exercise the "same restraining power" as holy angels do?

No, not so.

You're still not considering the context of the quote, MM. Quoting a single sentence without reference to what was said immediately before or after isn't very persuasive.

Re: plagues [Re: Tom] #118446
08/31/09 02:00 AM
08/31/09 02:00 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
GC:I'm not sure your picture of what Tom is saying is quite the same as his own. In any case, it does seem true that you are getting a different picture of what he is saying. I happen to agree with Mike in this case, so I guess we could say "other people get the same picture of what Tom is saying."

Boy, this is sure cryptic. I sure hope you address the following:

1.What do you think I'm saying?
2.How does this differ from what you think teresa thinks I'm saying?
3.What do you think MM thinks I'm saying?

Re: plagues [Re: Tom] #118447
08/31/09 02:34 AM
08/31/09 02:34 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Tom, responding to MM:I know this. Where we differ is you perceive this to be a way that God destroys. That is, you see God as behind the destruction, even in times when He permits it. You seem this as simply one of the methods God uses.

GC, making a comment regarding what he's about to post, in response to what Tom said to MM:I think if we go back to the example someone gave earlier in this thread, we find it to be quite valid here, although I understand that you did not like it for some reason.

Arnold, from an earlier post:Let's say I was holding an egg in my outstretched hand over the edge of the roof of the Empire State Building, and I let go of it so that it is crushed when it hits the ground. How is that ethically different from simply crushing it in my hand?

Swap the egg with a baby and run the same scenario, ask the same question.

Swap the baby with a normal adult and run the same scenario, ask the same question.

That's the crux of the argument between God sending the serpents vs allowing them, sending the plagues vs allowing them, etc.

GC:Your response to this was...

Tom:I don't understand why you think this is in any way analogous to the situation we are discussing. These are simply two arbitrary ways of destroying an object.

In the one case you have a being with power choosing between two different ways of destroying an object with no power. In the other case you have a being with power protecting other beings who also have power, and choosing to withdraw the protection when the latter rebelled against the former.

GC:Two questions here:

1) Does any being "have power" compared to God?

You're asking if any being is as powerful as God?

Quote:
GC:2) What sort of "protection" is this when God has Himself created the dangers?

IMO, this assumes a false premise. God didn't created the dangers.

Quote:
GC:It seems to me that you are trying to have your cake and eat it too. You say that when God withdraws His power, the elements of nature wreak havoc and destruction, not God. But who created nature?

I'm saying that nature does not work as originally designed, because of sin. For example, the mountains are different than originally created, there weren't great barren deserts or oceans, etc. I'm saying that in spite of nature not working as originally designed, God still, at times, protects us from the dangers of nature. When disasters occur, it's because God has permitted it, since God is omnipotent, and nothing can happen with His permitting it. But God's permitting a thing to happen is not equivalent to His causing the thing to happen, although God often presents Himself as doing that which He permits.

God's character is such that He assumes responsibility for that which He does not do. He "restores that which He did not steal." This is in contrast to Satan, who not only does not accept responsibility for what he's done, but blames God.

Quote:
GC:Why would God need to protect us from that which He Himself created?

Because we need protection. For example, man did not have the strength to deal with dinosaurs, so God permitted them to die off.

Quote:
GC:In other words, to me, your attempt at a gentle picture of God raises some less-than-gentle questions that attack His character in yet a new way.

If a person is determined to attack God's character, I suppose this is possible.

Quote:
GC:Either God controls nature, which He created, or He doesn't.

Do you mean control as in manage, or control as in micro-manage? That is, does God oversee nature, to make sure that we are in an environment where we can live, so the Great Controversy can continue? Or does God place every molecule wherever it goes, so that whenever anything at all destructive happens, we could rightly conclude that God is behind it?

Or did you have something other than these two ideas in mind?

Quote:
GC:If He does control it, how can it ever be rightly said that when a nature-driven plague causes destruction, God was not responsible?

If you're talking about the micro-managing scenario, I'd agree with you, that, in this case, God would be responsible.

Quote:
GC:If He does NOT control nature, is that not irresponsible of Him? I guess we could stop singing the song "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."

I suppose if we view control as equivalent God's directing every molecule, then that could be the case.

Let me ask you a question in return. Do you think anytime some destructive act in nature occurs (let's exclude those times where Satan is causing some disaster to occur, as in Job), that God is behind this? For example, Katrina, the sunami around Christmas in Asia several years ago, etc. Is it your view that God caused all these things to happen?

Page 87 of 91 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 90 91

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!