HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 105 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 104 105
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119700
09/24/09 12:41 AM
09/24/09 12:41 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: asygo
T:I think the judgment will reveal reality to the wicked. What is revealed will include their sins, the times they turned away from Christ, and so forth. They will see their life as it really was, and what they see will cause them suffering depending upon how much light they have had and what they have done.

A:How does that apply to the "supernaturally alive to suffer" concept? The reality of the lost is that they have separated themselves from the Source of life; hence, they die. But how can they stay alive to suffer this revelation of reality, some of them for days, while apart from God, the Source of life? Are they kept alive by their own, innate "life force" (even though they have already been dead for a thousand years)? Or are they kept alive by God?

All life comes from God. Nobody, at any time, has life of themselves.

Quote:
T:Yes, I believe the wicked will suffer in proportion to their sin, and the light they've had. I don't think this is an imposed or arbitrary punishment, but the result of the judgment.

A:But how are they alive, after being dead for a thousand years, in order to "suffer in proportion to their sin"? By what power do they have life?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119702
09/24/09 01:08 AM
09/24/09 01:08 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
The main point I've been arguing against is that God will punishment people in the judgment by setting them on fire, supernaturally keeping them alive so they can suffer excruciating pain.

Let me explain the supernatural part a bit. The scene is described as a lake of fire. Given that beneath the crust of the earth is a sea of molten lava, and other parallels with the flood (remember that there was a great deal of water underneath the earth's crust before the flood) I'm led to think that the fire spoken of as a lake of fire will be molten lava. Now molten lava is extremely hot, and would kill someone in a matter of seconds. So the only way that they could be alive to suffer more excruciating pain would be for God to do something to keep them from being destroyed by the lava. So the supernaturally being kept alive here is of a different character than the sense in which God keeps people alive normally.

I want to make sure I am understanding correctly where people stand on this question. It is my understanding that, in regards to setting people on fire, like a torch, for days or hours at a time, that

1.This is what GC thinks.
2.Arnold is leaning towards this idea.
3.MM does not think this is what will happen, but isn't totally ruling it out.
4.Rosangela perhaps used to think this, but doesn't now. I'm not sure if she's ruled this out or not.

I can't recall if kland or teresaq are contributing to this thread, but I'm quite sure they don't have this idea. I think I've accounted for everyone who is engaged in this discussion.

Thanks in advance for your clarifications on my understanding of your positions here.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119705
09/24/09 03:59 AM
09/24/09 03:59 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom

So we agree that the fact that despite having been dead for at least a thousand years, the lost will find themselves up and about, conscious, and alive enough to be able to suffer such mental anguish that they will weep and gnash their teeth until they die again, is caused by an act of power by God. This is in contrast to the lost causing this miracle to happen himself, or his circumstances naturally precipitating such a return from the dead. Agreed?

Furthermore, I think we agree that Satan, after having irrevocably separated himself from the Source of life, has been alive all this time - suffering some of the inevitable effects of sin for about 6000 years, and will continue to live until after he suffers the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" after many days - only by the life that God chooses to give him. Agreed?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119707
09/24/09 04:06 AM
09/24/09 04:06 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
The main point I've been arguing against is that God will punishment people in the judgment by setting them on fire, supernaturally keeping them alive so they can suffer excruciating pain.
So the supernaturally being kept alive here is of a different character than the sense in which God keeps people alive normally.

My point is that whether it is by fire or mental anguish, Hell ain't no picnic. Weeping and gnashing of teeth, whether precipitated by physical pain or mental pain or both, is a bad thing. And whether the wicked is kept alive in a fire, or made alive to suffer mental anguish after a thousand years of respite, he is not alive in any natural or normal way.

In fact, if you think about it, it could be argued that any sinner, no matter the degree of sin, cannot be alive normally. The normal way to live is by perfect obedience to God's law. The only way for a sinner to live is by God supernaturally keeping him alive. Hence, Jesus was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119708
09/24/09 04:07 AM
09/24/09 04:07 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
2.Arnold is leaning towards this idea.

That is correct.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119710
09/24/09 04:44 AM
09/24/09 04:44 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Tom,

Regarding where I stand, you have not clearly outlined my position. It's a "close but not quite" kind of thing. First of all, I do not believe lava will play a major role in the fire. I believe what the Bible and Mrs. White have said about it, which is that there will be "fire and brimstone" and that "the elements shall melt with a fervent heat." If you call this "lava," fine, but I do not see it as having come from the depths of the earth, but rather the surface. As for the "lake of fire," this is, in my view, actual fire, i.e. flames, and not lava. According to Mrs. While, the oil reserves will contribute to the burning. I do not see the wicked as being immersed in molten rock so much as immersed in flame -- like the burning bush, and like the three Hebrew worthies in the fiery furnace.

The flame itself is more or less what Mike likes to call "the firelight of God's presence." God is a fire. The Bible says this, and also represents it. Of course, since Jesus as a human never appeared like a fire, you are free to disagree. That disagreement can in no wise remove the facts from the case. Jesus was the pillar of fire in the wilderness, according to inspiration. He was also the fire in the burning bush. The Holy Spirit was also the fire that came down upon the apostles at Pentecost.

Isaiah 43 tells us that the righteous will walk in this fire and not be burned. Revelation tells us we should be tried in this fire, like gold, that we may be pure. Those who are impure will find that this fire consumes them. Psalm 1 tells us "therefore, the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish." Isaiah 33:14 and onward describes those who will be able to dwell with the "everlasting burnings."

It's the same Fire, which throughout the Bible is said to be "eternal" and "everlasting." Only God is an eternal fire. The wicked are to perish in this Everlasting Fire.

The fire will be used for two purposes:

1) To cleanse the earth and universe of sinners; and
2) To cleanse the earth itself of all trace of sin.

This means that those oil reserves, there because of the flood, must be burned. It means that the satellites in the sky, the space station, etc., must be burned. Even items on the surface of the moon must be burned. It is likely that our entire atmosphere, which has been polluted, must be burned. From a scientific standpoint, God may need to provide additional oxygen to accommodate so much combustion! Nearly everything we see must be burned, and thoroughly so.

As I've said before, I do not have all of the answers to the "why" and "how" questions. But it is a fact that destruction and cleansing will take place.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Green Cochoa] #119726
09/24/09 09:31 PM
09/24/09 09:31 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Two things I'd like to clarify.

1.You believe the wicked will be set on fire, like a torch.
2.God is a literal fire.

I'm getting #2 from this statement:

Quote:
It's the same Fire, which throughout the Bible is said to be "eternal" and "everlasting." Only God is an eternal fire. The wicked are to perish in this Everlasting Fire.

You're saying that the wicked perish in the Everlasting Fire, which is God. You're also saying that the fire that burns the wicked is literal fire, and they are literally set on fire, like a torch. So I'm concluding that if, on the one hand, the Fire that burns the wicked is God, and if, on the other hand, the fire that burns the wicked is literal fire, then God is literal fire.

Either that or you are speaking of two different fires that simultaneously burn the wicked. Perhaps you have that in mind.

By saying, "You're saying" what I mean is "I understand you to be saying."

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119727
09/24/09 10:25 PM
09/24/09 10:25 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:All life comes from God. Nobody, at any time, has life of themselves.

A:So we agree that the fact that despite having been dead for at least a thousand years, the lost will find themselves up and about, conscious, and alive enough to be able to suffer such mental anguish that they will weep and gnash their teeth until they die again, is caused by an act of power by God.

This is a rather long sentence, with a lot of assumptions in the middle of it, so just answering "yes" or "no" is apt to be misunderstood. I agree that the lost will be resurrected by God's power. I also agree that once alive, they will be conscious, and able to experience various things. I don't agree with the way you phrased these things. God gives them over to experience the results of the choices they have made. This is a way I'd put it.

Quote:
A:This is in contrast to the lost causing this miracle to happen himself, or his circumstances naturally precipitating such a return from the dead. Agreed?

You're asking if the lost resurrect themselves? If so, no, neither the lost or the wicked resurrect themselves.

Quote:
A:Furthermore, I think we agree that Satan, after having irrevocably separated himself from the Source of life, has been alive all this time - suffering some of the inevitable effects of sin for about 6000 years, and will continue to live until after he suffers the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" after many days - only by the life that God chooses to give him. Agreed?

This is affirming that Satan lives by life given by God, right? If so, I agree with this.

Quote:
T:The main point I've been arguing against is that God will punishment people in the judgment by setting them on fire, supernaturally keeping them alive so they can suffer excruciating pain.
So the supernaturally being kept alive here is of a different character than the sense in which God keeps people alive normally.

A:My point is that whether it is by fire or mental anguish, Hell ain't no picnic.

If the lost suffer as a result of the choices they have made, that's a much different issue to consider than if they suffer because someone sets them on fire.

Quote:
A:Weeping and gnashing of teeth, whether precipitated by physical pain or mental pain or both, is a bad thing. And whether the wicked (person) is kept alive in a fire, or made alive to suffer mental anguish after a thousand years of respite, he is not alive in any natural or normal way.

I disagree that the wicked is made alive to suffer mental anguish. Also, why do you not think he is alive in a natural or normal way? Do you mean because he's been resurrected? Or did you have something else in mind?

Quote:
A:In fact, if you think about it, it could be argued that any sinner, no matter the degree of sin, cannot be alive normally. The normal way to live is by perfect obedience to God's law. The only way for a sinner to live is by God supernaturally keeping him alive. Hence, Jesus was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

You could look at it this way. And when God quits protecting the lost person from the effects of sin, he dies.

This is a different point than the one I was making, however, which has to do with the fact that fire consumes a person, and causes his death. Something analogous would be if God made someone to suffer by drowning him, but the drowning took hours or days to occur, instead of minutes. So God supernaturally allowed the person to "breath" underwater, or at least not die, so the person could suffer.

At any rate, the salient points are:

1.God wants the person to suffer.
2.God takes action for the specific person of causing the person to suffer.
3.God takes additional action to prevent the action He took in the point above to cause the death of the person being made to suffer, but to allow the person to suffer more.

I disagree with the whole concept that God wants anyone to suffer. I also think the idea that God would deliberately cause one to suffer for hours or days at a time by setting them on fire is barbarous and cruel beyond comprehension, and have no idea whatsoever how anyone who believes in Christ could have such a conception of God as to think He could possibly do such a thing.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119729
09/25/09 02:18 AM
09/25/09 02:18 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Quote:
T:All life comes from God. Nobody, at any time, has life of themselves.

A:So we agree that the fact that despite having been dead for at least a thousand years, the lost will find themselves up and about, conscious, and alive enough to be able to suffer such mental anguish that they will weep and gnash their teeth until they die again, is caused by an act of power by God.

This is a rather long sentence, with a lot of assumptions in the middle of it, so just answering "yes" or "no" is apt to be misunderstood. I agree that the lost will be resurrected by God's power. I also agree that once alive, they will be conscious, and able to experience various things. I don't agree with the way you phrased these things. God gives them over to experience the results of the choices they have made. This is a way I'd put it.

Did I phrase it inaccurately? Is it not the case that you believe that "to experience the results of the choices they have made" is equivalent to "such mental anguish that they will weep and gnash their teeth until they die again"? Isn't that terrible mental anguish the result of their choices?

Quote:
A:Furthermore, I think we agree that Satan, after having irrevocably separated himself from the Source of life, has been alive all this time - suffering some of the inevitable effects of sin for about 6000 years, and will continue to live until after he suffers the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" after many days - only by the life that God chooses to give him. Agreed?

This is affirming that Satan lives by life given by God, right? If so, I agree with this.

Do you also agree that Satan has lived all of these years completely separated from God, and therefore has enjoyed no pleasure whatsoever?

Quote:
T:The main point I've been arguing against is that God will punishment people in the judgment by setting them on fire, supernaturally keeping them alive so they can suffer excruciating pain.

A:My point is that whether it is by fire or mental anguish, Hell ain't no picnic.

If the lost suffer as a result of the choices they have made, that's a much different issue to consider than if they suffer because someone sets them on fire.

But they suffer nothing during the thousand years. God, by His divine power, causes events that result in their suffering to the point of eternal death. Isn't that what you've been saying all along?

Quote:
A:Weeping and gnashing of teeth, whether precipitated by physical pain or mental pain or both, is a bad thing. And whether the wicked (person) is kept alive in a fire, or made alive to suffer mental anguish after a thousand years of respite, he is not alive in any natural or normal way.

I disagree that the wicked is made alive to suffer mental anguish.

Will not the wicked, every single one, suffer mental anguish? And are not the wicked, every single one, able to suffer such mental anguish because God raised them from the dead?

Once God makes one of the lost again, is there any hope that he can avoid the mental anguish? I don't think so. Therefore, by raising the lost from the dead, God is guaranteeing that the lost will suffer mental anguish to the point of eternal death.

Also, why do you not think he is alive in a natural or normal way? Do you mean because he's been resurrected? Or did you have something else in mind?

The reason the wicked being alive is neither natural nor normal, is because he is alive while being separated from God. The natural, normal consequence of being separated from Life is death. Yet, there will be, and there are many now, who are separated from God, yet are not dead.

Quote:
A:In fact, if you think about it, it could be argued that any sinner, no matter the degree of sin, cannot be alive normally. The normal way to live is by perfect obedience to God's law. The only way for a sinner to live is by God supernaturally keeping him alive. Hence, Jesus was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

You could look at it this way. And when God quits protecting the lost person from the effects of sin, he dies.

Isn't separation from God one of the effects of sin? And when one is separated from God, how can he have life? He can't. But the lost are able to "experience the results of the choices they have made" because God keeps them alive long enough to do so.

This is a different point than the one I was making, however, which has to do with the fact that fire consumes a person, and causes his death. Something analogous would be if God made someone to suffer by drowning him, but the drowning took hours or days to occur, instead of minutes. So God supernaturally allowed the person to "breath" underwater, or at least not die, so the person could suffer.

Separation from God, the life Giver, causes death. But the lost will live long enough, some of them for many days, to suffer. You believe that, don't you?

At any rate, the salient points are:

1.God wants the person to suffer.
2.God takes action for the specific person of causing the person to suffer.
3.God takes additional action to prevent the action He took in the point above to cause the death of the person being made to suffer, but to allow the person to suffer more.

1. Doesn't God want the sinner to experience the results of the choices he has made? Doesn't that cause lots of suffering?
2. Doesn't God specifically raise the wicked from the dead, knowing the inevitable suffering to follow?
3. That's what God is going to do by raising the wicked from the dead, right? If He wanted to minimize suffering, He could easily leave them dead.

I disagree with the whole concept that God wants anyone to suffer.

Then why will He raise the wicked dead? Suffering is inevitable at that point.

I also think the idea that God would deliberately cause one to suffer for hours or days at a time by setting them on fire is barbarous and cruel beyond comprehension, and have no idea whatsoever how anyone who believes in Christ could have such a conception of God as to think He could possibly do such a thing.

Yet you believe that God would deliberately cause one to suffer for hours or days at a time by waking them from the dead, and having them experience mental anguish to the point of eternal death. Right?

Regarding GC's analysis of your position on sin, I wouldn't put it his way, but neither do I believe your way. It seems that you believe sin is bad, and will cause suffering and death, but not as much suffering as being burned. So, the martyrs who died on the stake will have suffered more than the eternally lost. I disagree. I think the suffering of the wicked will exceed any physical pain possible.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #119731
09/25/09 09:49 AM
09/25/09 09:49 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Two things I'd like to clarify.

1.You believe the wicked will be set on fire, like a torch.
2.God is a literal fire.

I'm getting #2 from this statement:

Quote:

You're saying that the wicked perish in the Everlasting Fire, which is God. You're also saying that the fire that burns the wicked is literal fire, and they are literally set on fire, like a torch. So I'm concluding that if, on the one hand, the Fire that burns the wicked is God, and if, on the other hand, the fire that burns the wicked is literal fire, then God is literal fire.

Either that or you are speaking of two different fires that simultaneously burn the wicked. Perhaps you have that in mind.

By saying, "You're saying" what I mean is "I understand you to be saying."

Tom,

On this point, the Bible appears too clear to be misunderstood.

God is a great many things. The Bible says God is love. It also says God is eternal, God is one, God is a consuming fire, God is light, etc. Jesus said "I AM the way, the truth and the life." We could add many things here. So when I speak of God being a fire, note that I am speaking of literal fire, but I am not reducing God to merely this, for God is all of the above, and more, combined.

Hebrews 12:29 says plainly that God is a consuming fire. The word "fire" in Greek means simply that: Fire, flames, or fiery. It is the exact same Greek work used in the following contexts:

Originally Posted By: The Bible
...every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is...cast into the fire. (Matthew 3:10, KJV)

...he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: (Matthew 3:11, KJV)

...but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire. (Matthew 3:12, KJV)

...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. (Matthew 5:22, KJV)

...the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. (Matthew 13:40, KJV)

...the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:50, KJV)

...for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. (Matthew 17:15, KJV)

...to be cast into everlasting fire. (Matthew 18:8, KJV)

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: (Matthew 25:41, KJV)

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. (Mark 9:44, KJV)
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. (Mark 9:46, KJV)
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. (Mark 9:48, KJV)

To repeat that the "worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched" three times is significant. The Bible never repeats like this without purpose. What is more, these are Jesus' own words. Jesus Himself gave us this repetition. Once again, the word for "fire" here is the identical word used in Hebrews 12:29.

It is also the same word used throughout the book of Revelation with one single exception: the "breastplates of fire" uses another Greek word referring to the color of fire: fiery, shining like fire.

Thus, it is undeniable that God has referred to Himself as being a fire. Ellen White tells us that it is this fire which will destroy the wicked--the Fire of God.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
"I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance," said John; "but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire." Matthew 3:11, R. V., margin. The prophet Isaiah had declared that the Lord would cleanse His people from their iniquities "by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning." The word of the Lord to Israel was, "I will turn My hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin." Isaiah 4:4; 1:25. To sin, wherever found, "our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:29. In all who submit to His power the Spirit of God will consume sin. But if men cling to sin, they become identified with it. Then the glory of God, which destroys sin, must destroy them. Jacob, after his night of wrestling with the Angel, exclaimed, "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30. Jacob had been guilty of a great sin in his conduct toward Esau; but he had repented. His transgression had been forgiven, and his sin purged; therefore he could endure the revelation of God's presence. But wherever men came before God while willfully cherishing evil, they were destroyed. At the second advent of Christ the wicked shall be consumed "with the Spirit of His mouth," and destroyed "with the brightness of His coming." 2 Thessalonians 2:8. The light of the glory of God, which imparts life to the righteous, will slay the wicked. {DA 107.4}

The above is what Mike has almost quaintly termed the "firelight of God's glory." God is light. God is fire. Betwixt the two of them, the wicked will not stand in His presence, but will be consumed. Don't ask me how--the Bible doesn't say. We don't know if God exudes pure, combustible oxygen, and the light of His countenance provides spark, or if God is simply so hot, that the light emanating from Him is like that of the sun concentrated through a huge magnifying glass...we simply do not know the mechanism. He is God. His power should not be irreverently spoken of. As God chose not to touch the bush with His Fire in the wilderness, it would seem He can choose to preserve in spite of the flames. It is exactly this that allows the righteous to exist in His presence.

Again, I have never attempted to provide an answer as to the mechanism for the fire, other than to say there will be literal fire. I have never said "like a torch." I do not know what it will be like, and I do not believe any of us does. I do know that just as Heaven will exceed our imaginations for glory, hell will exceed our imaginations for its awfulness. Our senses are rather dull now. Following a thousand years in Heaven, the senses will have dramatically increased in acuity and perception. Hell will not be pleasant for anyone. There will still be tears. But after hell, God will wipe those away.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Page 13 of 105 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!