HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,850 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 39 1 2 37 38 39
Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #123915
03/08/10 05:14 PM
03/08/10 05:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
BTW, I have a serious question and need your advice.

In northern part of the world like Canada, sunset is very late at night and emerge very early in the morning. Some times there is only 2 hours dark night, is that correct?

Then, how are you keeping your Sabbath day? Still 24 hours? if so, what is your time started and finished> or, just as according the sunset and sunrise? This mean, some time you will have only 2 hours Sabath, and maybe in Arctic area, no Sabbath at all?

Most Sabbath-keepers in regions like that observe the Sabbath from 6pm to 6pm.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #123935
03/09/10 12:04 AM
03/09/10 12:04 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
T:The books of heaven faithfully record the character of each one.

MM:I'm not sure how this answers my questions. Here they are again. Please explain to me how it answers each one. Thank you.

1. Do you believe "every sin" (see quotes above) we commit is recorded in the books in heaven?

The "books" at the time Revelation was written would have been scrolls, which is what John saw. I'm not sure what EGW saw, probably books such as she was familiar with. We now know of more sophisticated technologies. I'm sure the life records of each one are somehow recorded by God, and this is what will be used in judgment as the case of each one is studied.

Quote:
2. Or, do you believe certain sins are not recorded . . .
3. that they do not require repentance . . .
4. that they do not require writing pardon next to them in the books in heaven?

I don't think any of this matters. Heaven faithfully records the life history and character of each one. The record is not the important thing, except as it faithfully reflects reality. This is the point I've been stressing.

The point is if we have any cherished sins, that will ruin our characters. Look what she said in context, and I'll believe you'll see that this was the point.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #123950
03/09/10 06:48 PM
03/09/10 06:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, you still haven't answered the four questions above. Please do so. I understand you believe character, not sins recorded, is what matters. I agree. However, Ellen repeatedly wrote that "every sin" is recorded in the books in heaven. You seem to disagree.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #123959
03/10/10 03:38 AM
03/10/10 03:38 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
MM.

BTW, in your comments you quoted a lot of EGW quotes.

Do you believe that her writings is always correct and in harmony with the apostles, always biblical?

In His love

Without a doubt! What about you? Do you believe Jesus spoke through her like He did the apostles? Or, do you think when explaining salvation truths she at times weaved in her own uninspired opinions thus compromising the truth?

I think, I have read some comments that she some times changes her mind or her view, i.e.: about justification, about Christ' humanity, etc. Thus, when she wrote some thing and later she change her mind, how could we believe that all what she said or wrote is in accordance with the truth, and the will of God? Is biblical?

Compare to the bible writers, their writing is canon, I believe 100% correct of about each topic,for it is directly influenced by the Spirit, but EGW, I believe some times wrote her own view, which is not under the Spirit influence.

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #123960
03/10/10 03:40 AM
03/10/10 03:40 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
BTW, I have a serious question and need your advice.

In northern part of the world like Canada, sunset is very late at night and emerge very early in the morning. Some times there is only 2 hours dark night, is that correct?

Then, how are you keeping your Sabbath day? Still 24 hours? if so, what is your time started and finished> or, just as according the sunset and sunrise? This mean, some time you will have only 2 hours Sabath, and maybe in Arctic area, no Sabbath at all?

Most Sabbath-keepers in regions like that observe the Sabbath from 6pm to 6pm.

Tks, I already though about it.

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #123971
03/10/10 04:26 PM
03/10/10 04:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
J: Do you believe that her writings is always correct and in harmony with the apostles, always biblical?

M: Without a doubt! What about you? Do you believe Jesus spoke through her like He did the apostles? Or, do you think when explaining salvation truths she at times weaved in her own uninspired opinions thus compromising the truth?

J: I think, I have read some comments that she some times changes her mind or her view, i.e.: about justification, about Christ' humanity, etc. Thus, when she wrote some thing and later she change her mind, how could we believe that all what she said or wrote is in accordance with the truth, and the will of God? Is biblical? Compare to the bible writers, their writing is canon, I believe 100% correct of about each topic,for it is directly influenced by the Spirit, but EGW, I believe some times wrote her own view, which is not under the Spirit influence.

It would help if you posted a few of her salvation statements you believe are erroneous and uninspired. I have never read anything she wrote of a salvation nature that is wrong or uninspired. It makes me wonder if you're misreading what she wrote like people who misread what James wrote in the Bible about justification.

For example, do you believe James was inspired when he wrote, "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only"? As you know, Paul wrote something that seems to contradict what James wrote - "A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith." So, which salvation statement is right? Or, are they both right? Could it be that people who believe one is right and the other is wrong are misreading what is written?

Likewise, is it possible people do the same thing with Ellen White's salvation statements?

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #123994
03/10/10 09:27 PM
03/10/10 09:27 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I explained your question at length. I don't disagree with what Ellen White wrote. I explained what I think this means.

Each person's character is faithfully recorded by some means that can be reviewed for judgment purposes. This is what I understand her to say. To say that there is some sin recorded which doesn't have "pardon" written against it means that there is a flaw in character that would prevent the person being judged from being happy in heaven. This person is against God and the principles of His government. This is person is among those described in GC 542.

Quote:
Could those whose lives have been spent in rebellion against God be suddenly transported to heaven and witness the high, the holy state of perfection that ever exists there,-- every soul filled with love, every countenance beaming with joy, enrapturing music in melodious strains rising in honor of God and the Lamb, and ceaseless streams of light flowing upon the redeemed from the face of Him who sitteth upon the throne,--could those whose hearts are filled with hatred of God, of truth and holiness, mingle with the heavenly throng and join their songs of praise? Could they endure the glory of God and the Lamb? No, no; years of probation were granted them, that they might form characters for heaven; but they have never trained the mind to love purity; they have never learned the language of heaven, and now it is too late. A life of rebellion against God has unfitted them for heaven. Its purity, holiness, and peace would be torture to them; the glory of God would be a consuming fire. They would long to flee from that holy place. They would welcome destruction, that they might be hidden from the face of Him who died to redeem them.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #124018
03/12/10 02:58 AM
03/12/10 02:58 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, thank you for the dialog.

Page 39 of 39 1 2 37 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!