HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums & Chat Rooms
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Donations Accepted Here to Help Cover the Expenses of Operating & Upgrading
Donations accepted: Here
Shout Box

Who's Online
10 registered (Josh M, dedication, daylily, Daryl, Mountain Man, 5 invisible), 349 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ADK, Josh M, amena, LUIS, Jeffrey
1258 Registered Users
Forum Stats
1258 Members
117 Forums
8074 Topics
165874 Posts

Max Online: 955 @ 06/09/07 07:36 AM
Who's OnIine In
Chat Room #1?
Right Click Here & Select "Open in New Tab or Window" to Enter Chat Room #1 or Just Simply Click Here
Join the following presently in Chat Room #1:

Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

Top Posters (30 Days)
APL 79
asygo 72
Mountain Man 70
kland 55
dedication 42
jamesonofthunder 39
Daryl 38
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Featured Member
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Some Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
Pathfinders at Camp Pugwash
Another Campmeeting 2008 Picture in the Youth Tent
Maritime Conference Campmeeting 2008
Test Image
In Memory of Our Cat Toby and Our Dog Jesse
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#33853 - 11/08/02 11:47 PM Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series
Linda Sutton Offline
Charter Member
2500+ Member
Loc: USA
My son and I just finished watching an online video presentation on music by former rock musician Brian Neumann (best known in Europe and South Arfica) at the Adventist website Amazing Discoveries. It is actually an 80 minute version of a 6 video series on music. The videos are titled:
  • The Language of music (An in-depth study of music as a language)
  • The Primitive Heart (An intriguing and revealing journey into the ancient history of music from its earliest times until our present day. Practical demonstrations and amazing inside evidence revealing in unequivocal terms the nature and influence of certain commonly accepted modes of music.)
  • The Mind of the Machine (Live footage, personal interviews and latest information concerning the popular music scene. All major contemporary styles of music will be discussed and analyzed.)
  • Moving the Masses (A rare trip into the heart and philosophy of the contemporary Christian Music scene. Incredible footage and music examples.)
  • Words to the Wise (A study into the Bible and music. Taking a look at some hard to understand texts in the Bible. Learning from the experience of the children of Israel and getting a grasp on what God expects from us in our music, praise and worship to Him.)
  • A Change Of Mind (The most critical seminar in the series giving the tools with which to choose good music. Gives an academic and spiritual methodology for determining acceptable and not acceptable music for Christian consumption.)
  • A Personal Testimony (Brian Neumann spent more than 16 years in the Rock-Pop industry as a professional musician. Hear his testimony of how God brought him from rebellion back to Jesus Christ.)
The website also says of Brian Neumann:
quote:

He worked as a vocalist, guitarist, composer, performer and session musician in Europe as well as in Africa. Since his return to Jesus, Brian has done extensive research into the language of music, its effects on the human psyche and the spiritual, mental, and physical implications attached to choosing the right or wrong kind of music. Brian has lectured extensively on this topic in counties such as Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Poland, Canada, USA, Botswana, Iceland, Namibia and South Africa.
Scientific as well as Biblically-based presentation is also available on video, and is an excellent source of information for the whole family.

Neumann touches on all aspects of music. It had to be interesting to keep us watching online for over an hour.

Note that at the very beginning of the series has footage and music from his days as a rock musician, but he is also talking over the music. There are also transcripts of the online video on the website.

This is definitely worth the time to watch and hear. Those with high speed access will get better reception. If you can't get good reception because of a dial-up modem, by all means read the transcripts. The links for them are at the top of the page.
#33854 - 11/09/02 08:36 AM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series
Daryl Online   canada

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
[Thank You] Thank you, Linda, for posting this information. [Thank You] [Smile]

I met Brian Neumann personally at our campmeeting a few years ago. He spent a whole week of campmeeting with us on this very subject. He was extra busy as he did a presentation all week with the youth as well as with the adults. We also noticed some of the youth sitting in on the adult meetings. I also video-taped those presentations for the adults. I also have a copy of his own music, after his conversion of course. [Smile]

I think it would be worth our while to listen and/or read his material on the site you provided and discuss it here. When I get a chance, I plan on doing this myself.
#33855 - 05/10/03 05:07 PM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series
Linda Sutton Offline
Charter Member
2500+ Member
I have just found Brian Neuman's book, The Language of Music online at TAGnet. This is the entire book manuscript, not the book for sale.
#33856 - 05/10/03 08:24 PM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series
Daryl Online   canada

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Thank you for the link, Linda. [Thank You]

From the little bit that I already read it looks like it is going to be heavy reading.
#33857 - 05/13/03 01:48 AM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series
Greg Goodchild Offline
Loc: Placerville, CA
Neuman works with Dr. Walter Veith at amazingdiscoveries.org and his tapes are worth watching as well. I have them and have been using them for an in home evangelistic series. Very helpful.
#33858 - 05/13/03 07:15 AM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series
marcel Offline
Posting New Member
Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
I was at school with Brian (Helderberg College High School)although not in the same grade. He is a bit younger than me.

Brian is a very pleasant chap. He is a very talented musician and artist. His special items during Sabbath School were always a treat.

He preached at my congregation a while back and I then realised that he was an excellent preacher as well!
#126607 - 07/26/10 09:27 PM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series [Re: marcel]
Daryl Online   canada

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Brian Neumann can be seen giving his presentations on the recently new Amazing Discoveries Channel, which uses the same satellite frequency, etc. as 3ABN, the Hope Channel, etc.

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
#132137 - 03/27/11 08:06 PM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series [Re: Daryl]
Maggie Offline
Posting New Member
Loc: PA
From Facebook today:
Amazing Discoveries Brian Neumann is no longer associated with the Amazing Discoveries ministry and has stepped down as speaker and director. This sad decision was made in light of certain choices Brian has made in his personal life that we cannot condone. As a result, we have made the difficult decision to no longer sell his material in our store or air his material on the satellite channel. We are also not accepting any bookings for Brian, and cannot forward any requests to him at this time. We ask for your continued prayers for Brian and his family.

I just started watching Amazing Discoveries a few months ago...can't put a face with the name.
Maggie
#132152 - 03/28/11 08:32 PM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series [Re: Maggie]
Daryl Online   canada

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
This is very sad news. frown

He was a speaker at our Maritime Campmeeting several years ago.

I wonder what happened?

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
#132252 - 03/31/11 11:51 PM Re: Voices of a Dying Planet: Brian S. Neumann Music Series [Re: Daryl]
Dora Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2013
Veteran Member
Really sorry to hear that re Brian Neumann. I have listened to a lot of his material, and it is very good. I have some of this series downloaded to CDs, and have shared them with others. Yes, I wonder what happened. We must pray for him...some of the brightest lights will go out..I pray to be faithful..

Moderator:  Rick H 
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
(Not Refreshing Immediately)
3rd Quarter 2014 - The Teachings of Jesus
by asygo
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
PRINCIPLES OF BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION
by dedication
Yesterday at 08:49 PM
Does the converted Christian have unknown defects of character?
by dedication
Yesterday at 01:52 PM
Identifying the Kings of the North and South - Daniel 11
by dedication
Yesterday at 04:18 AM
Jesus denied self just like a born-again believer.
by Mountain Man
08/23/14 11:09 PM
Zechariah 4, the Lesson of God's method of Interpretation (part 1)
by Godsloveandlaw
08/23/14 02:09 AM
Seven Present Truth Questions for Laodiceans
by Godsloveandlaw
08/20/14 04:01 AM
‘God is angry with Liberia,’ local religious leaders say, blaming Ebola on ‘homosexualism’
by APL
08/20/14 01:37 AM
Biblical Predictions of Antichrist & Sunday Laws
by kland
08/18/14 11:50 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland
08/18/14 11:09 AM
Understanding the prophecy of Zechariah chapter 6 (part 1 of 3)
by Godsloveandlaw
08/18/14 03:43 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Daryl
08/17/14 12:25 PM
Magic bands on wrists...
by kland
08/14/14 06:19 PM
A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012
by Elle
08/14/14 10:05 AM
HEART DISEASE
by Suzanne
08/11/14 03:08 PM
In the beginning.... God did a makeover.
by Josh M
08/11/14 05:25 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Are The 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the SDA Church a Creed in Itself?
by dedication
Yesterday at 03:11 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by dedication
08/25/14 11:02 PM
Women's Ordination Poll Here at Maritime
by Daryl
08/25/14 12:06 PM
Kangaroo Court of 1934
by Godsloveandlaw
08/25/14 03:40 AM
Has Rev 14:8 Been Fulfilled Yet? - Has Babylon Fallen Yet?
by gordonb1
08/23/14 05:56 PM
Concerns About Herb Montgomery
by Daryl
08/22/14 10:31 PM
3ABN Women’s Ordination Survey RESULTS (Updated 2014-08-13 12:37 midday PST)
by kland
08/20/14 11:26 AM
::S:: Nihar Justins dreams
by Wendell Slattery
08/18/14 03:39 AM
Theology of Ordination Study Committee
by jamesonofthunder
08/09/14 09:33 PM
When they cry peace and safety...
by jamesonofthunder
08/04/14 09:49 PM
Pope Francis Invited to Address Joint Session of Congress
by jamesonofthunder
08/04/14 01:37 PM
Demon appears over Eastern Gate/ Dome of the Rock Jan 28, 2011
by jamesonofthunder
08/02/14 05:17 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter

Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com
WELCOME!
© 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!

Website Ranking