HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Christ Justified [Re: Tom] #126723
08/11/10 02:20 PM
08/11/10 02:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Okay. Thank you. So, in the passage under discussion, the Father feels obligated to justify sending Jesus to serve as our Savior and Substitute.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: Colin] #127014
08/28/10 02:26 PM
08/28/10 02:26 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Colin
Yes, he was daily justified in the Spirit like we are, yet there were 4 differences between him and us, one of which you have already mentioned. But, first...

Quote:
And He said to them all, "If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. (Luke 9:23)

Jesus himself did just this, too, as our Example, for the two covenants are concurrent and he did only what we have to do to be spiritually alive by faith: well known that we have to choose between the basically sinful human mind we have and the mind of Christ - i.e. Holy Spirit of Christ, every moment of every day, starting when we wake, etc. He too had that choice, and was born from above, daily: that he took humanity, and wasn't naturally human, allowed him to pioneer righteousness by faith in reality, born with the Spirit, not just of the Spirit. That's a mystery Richard has quoted from in 1 Tim 3:16.

Now, the differences - obvious when you think about it. He was & is divine, too; he couldn't fall into temptation if he were to be the world's Saviour (what, seriously, would have happened had he sinned?) - we 'may' fall; he learned righteousness by not falling into temptation - we learn from falling into temptation; he never fell, of course....

Thus, he is our great High Priest, but Saviour first!
Amen!

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: asygo] #132862
04/23/11 12:21 PM
04/23/11 12:21 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
I don't think He was justified in the same way we are. Whose character will stand in the place of His character?

I found the answer from a unexpected source.... It came like a light bulb going off in our heads as one of the young ladies gave us the following to our surprise as we pondered the question trying to understand at our 'round table' of scholars at church.

Matthew 3:15
Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

Last edited by Rick H; 04/23/11 12:24 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: Rick H] #132913
04/25/11 04:32 PM
04/25/11 04:32 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
How does that answer the question? Whose character will stand in the place of His character?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: asygo] #132932
04/25/11 10:12 PM
04/25/11 10:12 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
No-one, since his character is meritorious and accepted by the Father. grin

It answers the question, given that fulfilling all righteousness involves at least not consenting to sin but submitting to the Holy Spirit, in order to qualify as Saviour at all. As I see that verse answering the question, by qualifying as our Saviour Jesus also established himself as our example in dying daily to self and sin - sin in his assumed flesh, which is justification by faith, too. Luke 9:23.

I await to read Rick's interpretation... wink grin

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: Colin] #132948
04/26/11 01:48 PM
04/26/11 01:48 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Yes, Jesus sets Himself as our example. As He is fully man as well as fully divine, He has to follow the process for man, and being Justified is one of them. John the Baptist through the Spirit, saw who Jesus was and resisted as he felt unworthy, but Jesus made him understand telling him directly “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John the Baptist, knowing who Christ was and understanding the reason, consented.

Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: Rick H] #132955
04/26/11 08:22 PM
04/26/11 08:22 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Rick H
So Christ was justified, just as we are justified, and He went through the same process that we must go through in this.

Originally Posted By: asygo
I don't think He was justified in the same way we are. Whose character will stand in the place of His character?

I found the answer from a unexpected source.... It came like a light bulb going off in our heads as one of the young ladies gave us the following to our surprise as we pondered the question trying to understand at our 'round table' of scholars at church.

Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

Originally Posted By: Colin
No-one, since his character is meritorious and accepted by the Father. grin

It answers the question, given that fulfilling all righteousness involves at least not consenting to sin but submitting to the Holy Spirit, in order to qualify as Saviour at all. As I see that verse answering the question, by qualifying as our Saviour Jesus also established himself as our example in dying daily to self and sin - sin in his assumed flesh, which is justification by faith, too. Luke 9:23.

Yes, Jesus sets Himself as our example. As He is fully man as well as fully divine, He has to follow the process for man, and being Justified is one of them.

Jesus was justified by "fulfilling all righteousness." Hence, His character was meritorious and acceptable to God as-is, needing neither substitute nor external righteousness.

But that is not OUR process of justification. We are not justified because WE fulfill all righteousness. On the contrary, our righteousnesses are filthy rags. We are justified be receiving, not fulfilling, righteousness. We need an external righteousness - one from outside of ourselves - from our Substitute.

So, while Jesus was justified by fulfilling the requirements of the law, we are justified by faith, apart from the requirements of the law.

Furthermore, should we reach the point where we cease from every form of sin, when we no longer fall short of God's glory, we will still need Christ's imputed righteousness.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: asygo] #132959
04/26/11 09:48 PM
04/26/11 09:48 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Jesus was not justified by His own righteousness, but by the righteousness of God. He was righteous by faith.

A couple of quotes.

Quote:
If He had come into the world as He was in heaven, being God, manifesting Himself as He was there and God being with Him, His name would not have been "God with us," for He would not then have been ourselves. But He emptied Himself. He Himself was not manifested in the world. For it is written: "No man knoweth the Son but the Father"--not simply no man, but no one. No one knoweth the Son but the Father. "Neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him." It is not written, No man knoweth the Son but the Father and he to whom the Father will reveal Him. No. No man knoweth the Son at all, but the Father. And the Father does not reveal the Son in the world, but the Son reveals the Father. Christ is not the revelation of Himself. He is the revelation of the Father to the world and in the world and to men.(A. T. Jones Sermon #15, 1895 GCB)

Quote:
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea thy law is within my heart. I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O Lord, thou knowest. I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation...(Hebrews 10)

Quote:
In Jesus Christ as He was in sinful flesh, God has demonstrated before the universe that He can so take possession of sinful flesh as to manifest His own presence, His power, and His glory, instead of sin manifesting itself. And all that the Son asks of any man in order to accomplish this in Him is that the man will let the Lord have Him as the Lord Jesus did.

Jesus said, "I will put my trust in Him." And in that trust Christ brought to every one the divine faith by which we can put our trust in Him. And when we do so separate from the world and put our sole trust in Him, then God will so take us and so use us that our sinful selves shall not appear to influence or affect anybody, but God will manifest His righteous self, His glory, before men, in spite of all ourselves and our sinfulness. That is the truth. And that is the mystery of God, "Christ in you, the hope of glory." God manifest in sinful flesh.(Jones, ibid.)

I didn't find the best ones, but these are good enough to make the point.

If Christ has simply manifest His own righteousness, that would not help us, because we have no righteousness of our own that could be manifest. But Christ emptied Himself, and chose to do God's will, that God's righteousness might be manifest in Him, and that's something we can do. As Christ was righteous by faith, and that righteousness was not His own righteousness, but that of Another, so also we can be righteous by faith.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: Tom] #132960
04/26/11 09:52 PM
04/26/11 09:52 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Rick

This is a great point! The SOP, in discussing this, says that Christ took the steps of repentance. Now Christ had no sin of His own to repent of, but He took our sins upon Him.

An interesting thought is that Christ had both sin which was not His own, and righteousness which was not His own. Of course, the sin upon Him was ours, not His, as He was sinless, but also the righteousness manifest in His life was not His own inherent righteousness, but that of the Father, which He laid hold of by faith.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Reply Quote
Re: Christ Justified [Re: Tom] #132962
04/26/11 10:01 PM
04/26/11 10:01 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
If Christ was not righteous by His own righteousness, He has no righteousness to justify us.

Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!