HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Mountain Man] #130077
01/11/11 05:27 PM
01/11/11 05:27 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Actually I really do not “mind” at all, however the problem with such a “50 words or less,” Reader’s Digest, summary is that it has to leave out all of the establishing, exegetical basis and context, and one can make just about any claim without such background proof. Nonetheless, here goes:

As explained in that blog post and its linked posts, the Seven Thunders are, as most strongly thematically linked in Rev 10, a delineated, New Covenant, application of the prophecies and messages in the entire book of Ezekiel (= the Scroll), as parallely also outlined in the eschatological fulfillment of the prophecy in Dan 11:5-45 (=Little Scroll) in the North vs. South Civil War in God’s Israel. As shown in that blog post, the book of Ezekiel was given in ca. 7 vision/oracle development sections over ca. 7 calender years. This entire development is summarized in the Two Witnesses prophecy of Rev 11, which is to follow, and complete the developments started in Rev 10 (1840+). Thus, as advanced Prophetic symbology shows, the Seven Thunders are a concealed “judgement” message of God which is seeking to accomplish all that God had in mind for His Israel on this Earth, and that for the Salvation/Testimony Benefit of the entire world.

Feel free to comment/ask questions however, for at least the sake of my time and effort, do first read through the greater, exegetical context of this ‘summarization’.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: NJK Project] #130079
01/11/11 05:53 PM
01/11/11 05:53 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Do we know what the concealed judgment message is? Is it different than the 3AMs?

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Mountain Man] #130089
01/11/11 11:29 PM
01/11/11 11:29 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Do we know what the concealed judgment message is? Is it different than the 3AMs?

You’ll have to read up on my blog posts to get the answers to your questions here, however, in the line of what Jesus said, if you are willing to “do the truth” you will understand what this “thundering” judgement is/entails. (John 7:17). This judgement is primarily actually a judgement of the Laodicean Church, and in its full development it is not different from, but completes/finishes the Three Angel’s Messages all revolving on the fuller understanding of God’s Sabbath.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: NJK Project] #130102
01/12/11 10:20 PM
01/12/11 10:20 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: NJK Project

... this “thundering” judgement is/entails. (John 7:17). This judgement is primarily actually a judgement of the Laodicean Church...

... Nonetheless, as a Messenger from God has related: “All the thunders and lightnings of Mount Sinai [Exod. 19:18-20:25ff] cannot move those who will not be moved by the plain truths in the Word of God. Neither would an angel's message move or awake them.”

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: NJK Project] #130116
01/13/11 05:50 PM
01/13/11 05:50 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I do not usually take the time read long, detailed studies without knowing ahead of time the basic conclusion. I hope you can appreciate this practice.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Mountain Man] #130121
01/13/11 07:53 PM
01/13/11 07:53 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I do not usually take the time read long, detailed studies without knowing ahead of time the basic conclusion. I hope you can appreciate this practice.

I can understand this, however not when this conclusion can, as it is normative, easily be seen or gleaned from the final portions of even such“long and detailed studies.” Notwithstanding, I believe that I have already answered your questions here short of restating all that I have posted on my blog in support of this conclusion. If you have further, “valid” questions for “unaddressed/unanswered” points, do let me know. I am merely concerned with managing my, quite vitally valuable time, particularly given these already written and posted answers. (Given the way this blog of mine is codingly structured, I cannot even directly refer you to a specific section in the blog post which may self-containedly answer a question, unless, when applicable, I just tell you which key word/phrase to search for on that page in your web browser.) Also simply stating a conclusion, which may be different from what people have traditionally/commonly believed, can unjustifiably lead to knee-jerk dismissals, though certainly not at my detriment.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: lco] #130169
01/17/11 05:35 PM
01/17/11 05:35 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Ellen made it clear that the 7 Thunders described events that transpired during the Millerite Movement. John was forbidden to record them. That's all we know about them.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Mountain Man] #130187
01/18/11 12:12 PM
01/18/11 12:12 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
It is important to read all of what EGW has to say on a subject, and also follow her counsel to make the Bible our final interpreter, and not her, for reasons that should be realistic and Biblical.

Nonetheless, in 19MR 319 (1900) [posted on my blog post], Ellen White links the message of the Seven Thunders with the now opened (sealed) little book. Sound exegesis shows that this little book are the prophecies of Dan 10-12 and in turn is linked to an eschatological application of the entire book of Ezekiel. In that 1900 statement, it seems to me that EGW places all of these events still/also/again “in the future” and which she also sees taking place under the Third Angel’s message. This understanding of her is corroborated by the fact that that Third Angel’s message came after the days of the Millerites and as it is to be sounded again in the future, as is the Second Angel’s Message, an application of the Seven Thunders message should also be expected. I exegetically see all of these 3 Messages, and thus the 7 Thunders, being sounded again in an eschatological application within the Church itself, before going to the world. Hence the Ezekiel application, among other linked, and also “Ecclesiologically” applicable sections of Scripture. ‘Judgement must, and will, begin in the House of God.’

It is also significant to understand that with the Second Coming having been postponed from a expected occurrence in ca. 1888, as many unequivocal EGW statement testify to, the historical fulfillment of prophecy which had extended through the Millerites days was broken an gave way to the eschatological days. So it is not surprising that many prophecies have literally been reset due to this “mission aborting” development, as with Ancient Israel. As discussed in my blog, the case is easily made, due to current developments in the SDA Church of a halted semi historical-eschatological development given place to a complete eschatological era, which actually was always God’s full plan, with the previous plans being merciful shortcut opportunities which His people did not seize.

Again these understandings are not done in/through such soundbites, which is why I have stated them in detail on my blog.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: NJK Project] #130192
01/18/11 03:46 PM
01/18/11 03:46 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I agree it makes sense to assume the 7 Thunders will have another fulfillment in the future. However, as in the past, I think it also makes sense to assume God will hide the details from us.

Re: Bible Study Method's - Methods used by Jeff Pippenger [Re: Mountain Man] #130208
01/18/11 08:06 PM
01/18/11 08:06 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
It is what you are “expecting” that actually does not exegetically harmonize with the Scriptures and God’s approach, especially on this matter. God does not “supernaturally” reveal what can be easily gleaned/understood from a proper study of the Scriptures and unlike the early and past generation of SDAs, the current generation has all of the resources, education and personel to engage deep and sound Biblical research and exegesis. They however, actually just like you have manifested, on various levels, prefer to have a “simple” ‘square root of 2 =1’ approach. That may be in truncated/rounded up part true, however it will lead to all kinds of incorrect answers if “simply” plugged in as such.

God did not even give the “details” of the 7 Thunders to EGW in the past. He just made her aware that it involved ‘a testing of God’s people’. As such a ‘“testing” series of events upon the Church,’ it is not surprising that He does not want it to be expressed in full details. This “testing” nature is also to be expected in the future (eschatological) fulfillment. Nonetheless, as “detailed” on my blog, proper exegesis, given all of the thematic and spiritual clues in Rev 10, shows that this prophetic series is linked to the message of the entire book of Ezekiel. (The following thematically related “testing” post may be of help here. (An explanatory/annotated version of that blog post will soon be posted)).

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!