HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Is it Just Me or is Nature MESSED up? [Re: NJK Project] #131110
02/21/11 12:43 AM
02/21/11 12:43 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
If you follow...

If I follow? What does that mean? Your post made absolutely no sense. It was simply a mish-mash of pompus-sounding fluff, half-formed ideas, and non-existant words. It did not present a single concrete point worthy of discussion.

Hope this helps!

Not a bit.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Is it Just Me or is Nature MESSED up? [Re: JAK] #131111
02/21/11 03:21 AM
02/21/11 03:21 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: JAK
If I follow? What does that mean? Your post made absolutely no sense. It was simply a mish-mash of pompus-sounding fluff, half-formed ideas, and non-existant words. It did not present a single concrete point worthy of discussion.

My “If you follow..” statement, is indeed understood by what I continued to say, namely that: ‘...the prophetic Remnant concept in Rev 12, it, being symbolically depicted, starts off in Rev 12:1...’ (I corrected the typos in this quote).

So since I know it is exegetically sound, rightly interpreting prophetic symbols as identified in the Bible, you’ll have substantiate your ranting response with some hard evidence. I.e., why my points are not valid. That is a quite involved prophetic study which I tried to summarize in one paragraph. I thus indeed did not fully develop all of these points. I thought you were/would be familiar with this widely-known, at least in SDA Circles which includes this SDA Forum, prophecy already. So apparently what seems to be “pompous to you” was because I was speaking from a point of view that what I was going to say would be readily understood.

Nonetheless is a full, edited and slightly explained/expanded repost. (I recommend looking up an, e.g., online SDA Prophetic Seminar study on the Remnant Church for a full exposition on the prophecy):

If you follow the prophetic Remnant Concept in Rev 12, it, being symbolically depicted, starts off in Rev 12:1, describing the “Church” (represented as a “woman”) (cf. Matt 16:18) that Jesus Christ established based upon the OT’s passing covenant teachings (=“moon under her feet”) now exercised in “Righteousness” (= “clothed with the sun”) through the Twelve Apostles (= “twelve stars on her head”).

Following the Great Controversy period of direct Satanic opposition (Rev 12:2-16) i.e., from Christ’s victorious death on the cross (vss. 2-4; cf. 7-13a) through the Apostles’ day (vs. 5) and then through Christian Church History (vs. 6), including Reformatory periods (vss. 13b-16), the “remnant” that is spoken of is the preservedly restored, spiritually direct descendant (= “seed”) of that priorly established “Church”.

So that ‘“Remnant” which keeps the Commandments of God and hold/have the Testimony of Jesus’ (= “Spirit of Prophecy” - Rev 19:10) is, by these direct associations, a “Remnant Church of Christ’s Apostolic Church’.

So God’s “Remnant Church” is indeed to be a congruous and homogenous, formal organization as established by Christ (John 17:11, 12), as it was in the days of the Apostles (e.g., Acts 1:14; 4:32), and which others are called to concretely join (John 10:16). [Again] Hope this helps!

The main point I was making was that the Christian Church was symbolically depicted in this Prophecy as being a Church (Rev 12:1) and its surviving “Remnant” is spoken of at the end in Rev 12:17 (= ‘the rest/remnant/remaining portion of her seed (i.e., the “child” in vs. 1). Thus it too is rightly considered as a Church as it was in its earlier, initial mention Church (vs. 1).

Also, as this is manifestly crucial here: Are you an SDA, a Progressive SDA or of another Christian Denomination? I have previously already discussed many point against the Remnant Church teaching stemming from this post.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Is it Just Me or is Nature MESSED up? [Re: NJK Project] #131168
02/23/11 06:08 PM
02/23/11 06:08 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Also, as this is manifestly crucial here: Are you an SDA, a Progressive SDA or of another Christian Denomination?

I Cor. 1:10-17. I am a Christian who chooses to fellowship with Seventh-day Adventists.

Re: Is it Just Me or is Nature MESSED up? [Re: JAK] #131169
02/23/11 07:59 PM
02/23/11 07:59 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
I Cor. 1:10-17.

To be exegetically accurate here, Paul was not address a Corinthian Church that was divided over doctrinal differences, but only private allegiances (i.e., who they were baptized by) as this also meant to them that they had received a particular “anointing” from their baptizer. So Paul was not addressing a denominationally divided Christian Church, as it is today, and moreoverly not telling them to ‘not to consider themselves divided despite their doctrinal differences’. For a true unification to occur, these crucial teaching, which affect practical practises, must be Biblically resolved and brought into line with what they Bible actually teaches. So Paul counsel to today’s already fractured Church would most likely instead be: “I wish that there be unity amongst you in the original truth that was delivered to you’.

I am a Christian who chooses to fellowship with Seventh-day Adventists.

I can understand that, however if you probe more deeply the reason why you are “choosing” to do so, vs. another Christian Denomination, you will probably begin to understand the concept of a Remnant Church, - i.e., a current Church/denomination that is comprehensively the closest match to the Apostolic original.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Is it Just Me or is Nature MESSED up? [Re: NJK Project] #131176
02/23/11 08:53 PM
02/23/11 08:53 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Do not be so arrogant as to presume to have the right to explain the reasons for my choices.

Last edited by JAK; 02/23/11 08:54 PM.

Re: Is it Just Me or is Nature MESSED up? [Re: JAK] #131178
02/23/11 10:04 PM
02/23/11 10:04 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Do not be so arrogant as to presume to have the right to explain the reasons for my choices.

Not being “arrogant” nor even “explaining” anything. Just following the inevitable, implicated, sequitur logic here, especially given the 5 distinctive/distinguishing truths of SDA’s , namely: The Sabbath, Sanctuary, Spirit of Prophecy, (Manner of) Second Coming and State of the Dead, all of which usually drive people who do not believe in them away from “fellowship” with the SDA Church. So... don’t put words in my mouth nor mal-construe my intentions! Man, are you hyper-sensitive and touchy on this issue!!!

Re: Is it Just Me or is Nature MESSED up? [Re: NJK Project] #131361
03/02/11 08:43 PM
03/02/11 08:43 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
...given the 5 distinctive/distinguishing truths of SDA’s , namely: The Sabbath, Sanctuary, Spirit of Prophecy, (Manner of) Second Coming and State of the Dead,...

Just as an aside, of the 5 doctrines above only the Sanctuary may (possibly) be considered either distinctive or distinguishing of SDA theology, and the Investigative Judgement was not included. The other doctrines we share with one or more Christian denominations or religious groups

Re: Is it Just Me or is Nature MESSED up? [Re: JAK] #131374
03/03/11 05:18 AM
03/03/11 05:18 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
That may technically be true however, I have yet to see a Spirit of Prohecy gift manifested in another denomination as it was in EGW (2000 vision, valid and foreseeing counsels, works productions including an inspired commentary on my parts of the Bible, etc, not to mention the accompanying manifestation of the physical signs that validate the genuine gift.

The Investigative Judgement in inclusively understood in the Sanctuary Teaching because, as it was annually seen in Ancient Israel, it was this “temple cleansing and judgement session” that capped Israel’s religious calender each year (=Dan 8:14).

Of the top of my head, I cannot think of another denomination that has more than 2 of those 5 teachings (mainly State of the Dead/Sabbath & Second Coming) however without the other 3 (Sanctuary, SOP), the other 2/3 are greatly deficient in their prophetic contribution (e.g., properly understanding Daniel and Revelation, among others). So given the interconnected of these 5 teachings as found in the SDA Church, one really would have to believe in all 5 of them to consider the SDA Church and its message (as a undivided whole) to be preaching the (full) Truth of the Bible.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!