HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 105 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 104 105
Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: Tom] #132780
04/19/11 06:04 AM
04/19/11 06:04 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T: They are used as GC 35-37 explains.

M: I agree; always have. But the point is – It was Jesus who used evil angels and Roman soldiers as instruments to punish the impenitent Jews.

T: To assert this is to not read what GC 35-37 actually says, it seems very clear to me. For example: “The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance. In the utter destruction that befell them as a nation, and in all the woes that followed them in their dispersion, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown. Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work. (GC 35) I'm not sure how she could have stated the reverse of what you are asserting more clearly than this.

M: Again, there was no natural cause and effect law at work. It was entirely arbitrary, imposed, meted out.

T: Same comment.

M: Sinning does not result in soldiers killing sinners, at least not in the same sense cancer results in tissue damage and death.

T: Again, if you actually read what GC 35-37 says, I don't see how one conclude the things you are concluding.

M:Again, Ellen wrote - “Already nations are angry, already Satan is working with signs and lying wonders, and this will increase until the end. God will use his enemies as instruments to punish those who have followed their own pernicious ways whereby the truth God has been misrepresented, misjudged, and dishonored.” {PC 136.3} In what sense do you believe Jesus “used His enemies as instruments to punish” the Jews in 70 AD? By simply withdrawing His protection and permitting evil men and evil angels to kill them? If so, don’t you think expressing it the way she did in PC 136 is unnecessarily confusing? Would you ever express it in those terms?

We were discussing GC 35-37. You stated:

Quote:
But the point is – It was Jesus who used evil angels and Roman soldiers as instruments to punish the impenitent Jews.

Whereas Ellen White wrote:

Quote:
The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance. In the utter destruction that befell them as a nation, and in all the woes that followed them in their dispersion, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown. Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work.

What you're saying contradicts what she said.

Quote:

M: Also, is it a sin, evil, or bad when evil angels and soldiers kill impenitent sinners when God is using them as instruments to punish?

T: I think this is a FOTAP question (fallacy of the assumed premise).

M:No assumptions necessary.

You're assuming that God was using soldiers to kill impenitent sinners when Jerusalem was destroyed. This is the false assumption, which is evident by the fact that Ellen White attributes this work to Satan, saying that he hides his own work by having others believe that God was responsible.

Quote:
Ellen very clearly said – “Already nations are angry, already Satan is working with signs and lying wonders, and this will increase until the end. God will use his enemies as instruments to punish those who have followed their own pernicious ways whereby the truth God has been misrepresented, misjudged, and dishonored.” {PC 136.3} My question is valid. Unless, of course, we assume as you do we cannot take her at her word, that we must interpret her words to mean something other than what they plainly say.

We were discussing GC 35-37. You're trying to refute Ellen White's own words written in one place by quoting other words of hers from another. That's not going to work.

The following is very clear:

Quote:
The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance. In the utter destruction that befell them as a nation, and in all the woes that followed them in their dispersion, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown. Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work.

This says:

1.The Jews had forged their own fetters.
2.They had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance.
3.In all the destruction that happened, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown.
4.Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity."
5." "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. 6.Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. BUT
7.It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: Tom] #132781
04/19/11 06:34 AM
04/19/11 06:34 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: Tom
Quote:
Tom: I guess you are also selectively oblivious to this fact also, when I had repeated what you’d overlooked, you just outrightly ignored them yet again. What’s the point then?!!

-I don’t consider your peripheral questions comment as being worthy of a response

-And my endeavors to help save the lives of would be aborted infants is factually most worthwhile to me thus the inferior place of this discussion.

-And...What’s that word that Jesus fittingly used throughout Matt 23....oh yeah “blind...”

If you feel you have better use of your time, why do you come here to hurl insults? You really don't see anything wrong here?

Once again, you opt to obliviously be patently, substantively besides the point. And.... it’s quite ironic and funny, in this discussion’s context, that you find the statements/expression of Jesus in Matt 23 as “insults”. That all indeed speaks volumes of what your view is all about, because, as also seen in prior circumventing remarks and/or non-responses of yours, even Jesus Himself it to fall in line with it. And I am just applying them where they indeed do also pointedly fit. You’re shoddy approach to Biblical Exegesis self-warrants this application. (PK 139.3-142.2).

And since you really need to know, I thought that a proper/Biblical understanding of God here would lead people to seek to help these very least, i.e., infants that are daily being murder. I guess I should not have presumed that!

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: NJK Project] #132785
04/19/11 02:17 PM
04/19/11 02:17 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
kland: As you'll notice from my question, I wasn't talking about the Papacy, but the people or members. True, once it's in place, whether the Papacy or Hitler, it's hard to go against it. But I was asking, how did it come about? Are you able to explain how the people, how the members, allowed such a thing? What, or how, was it they viewed God as? Did their view of God, their view of His character color their acceptance of such acts?

NJK: As usual kland you need to think things thoroughly through and go to the realistic truth and source. It was all about the Papacy then, and in these Dark Ages, the generally uneduacated/unlearned laity had no choice but to believe as the absolute truth whatever the clergy taught and told them was true. That ascertainable, underlying incontrovertible, commonly known social/religious/historical fact should have answered your questions here.

kland: No it doesn't. But let's pretend it does. The assumption is that you are more educated/learned than they were. How do we know that Tom isn't more educated/learned than you are? It appears to me that your view is very similar to the people under the papacy which you are calling uneducated/unlearned. How do we know that Tom's view of God isn't at a more educated/learned level than your view?

NJK: Quite predictable slant for a response kland, from you. I don’t have time for that either. Sorry. Can’t state the facts any other way or rewrite Church history to please you! You can deal with your own version of reality, including how you choose to view the exegetical facts I presented throughout this discussion.

I wasn't asking you to rewrite history. I'm not sure what you thought I disagreed with what you said was history. In fact, I thought I was giving the idea I agreed with you fully of the history.

You basically said the people of history had an ignorant view of God. What I was asking is how does one determine which of your or Tom's view is more educated/learned. Your view is similar to those you called ignorant. Tom's view of God is quite the opposite of those of the history, wouldn't you say so?

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #132786
04/19/11 03:16 PM
04/19/11 03:16 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
NJK:It doesn't seem to me that it should be necessary to explain to you why the following is an insult.

Quote:
-And...What’s that word that Jesus fittingly used throughout Matt 23....oh yeah “blind...”

This is obviously sarcastic. This is evident from the "And...What's ..." "oh yeah 'blind...'" comment.

If you had meant to write something which wasn't an insult, you wouldn't have used a construct that goes "what's the ..." followed by "oh yeah," which is a mocking expression.

The Golden Rule is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If you proofread your posts, looking for tone, you should be able to see that many of your posts have things written in them which you, assuming you're normal in this regard, wouldn't like to see addressed to yourself.

I understand it's easy to be upset when involved in these conversations, but it's not necessary to send the first draft you write. You can go through what you write, and ask the question if this is really the tone you want to have in your post. That's the beauty of posting on the internet; there's time to get things right.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: Tom] #132787
04/19/11 04:05 PM
04/19/11 04:05 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
It is self-manifest Tom, that your “have not/can’t done/do any/no wrong” attitude is not only limited to your view. That tone was meant to, if ever possible, snap you out of that skewed belief which is all derived from an incorrect and unexegetical approach to Biblical Study. Indeed it is obvious from your responses that you think you and your view know better than even Bible writer, which is why you outrightly ignore whatever they, including Jesus, say that contradict your selective and one-sided view. I only know of one way to awaken someone who is sound asleep, and even dreaming, in a Fire. (Matt 5:17-20). But it is indeed your self-blinding to Biblical facts that also prevents you from seeing any of this as “insults”. And... Jesus made fitting use of sarcasm throughout Matt 23, even the entire gospels when addressing these religious leaders, for those reasons, and it probably had its “awakening” effect soon after (e.g, Acts 6:7|DA 265.4)

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #132788
04/19/11 04:06 PM
04/19/11 04:06 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: kland
kland: As you'll notice from my question, I wasn't talking about the Papacy, but the people or members. True, once it's in place, whether the Papacy or Hitler, it's hard to go against it. But I was asking, how did it come about? Are you able to explain how the people, how the members, allowed such a thing? What, or how, was it they viewed God as? Did their view of God, their view of His character color their acceptance of such acts?

NJK: As usual kland you need to think things thoroughly through and go to the realistic truth and source. It was all about the Papacy then, and in these Dark Ages, the generally uneduacated/unlearned laity had no choice but to believe as the absolute truth whatever the clergy taught and told them was true. That ascertainable, underlying incontrovertible, commonly known social/religious/historical fact should have answered your questions here.

kland: No it doesn't. But let's pretend it does. The assumption is that you are more educated/learned than they were. How do we know that Tom isn't more educated/learned than you are? It appears to me that your view is very similar to the people under the papacy which you are calling uneducated/unlearned. How do we know that Tom's view of God isn't at a more educated/learned level than your view?

NJK: Quite predictable slant for a response kland, from you. I don’t have time for that either. Sorry. Can’t state the facts any other way or rewrite Church history to please you! You can deal with your own version of reality, including how you choose to view the exegetical facts I presented throughout this discussion.

I wasn't asking you to rewrite history. I'm not sure what you thought I disagreed with what you said was history. In fact, I thought I was giving the idea I agreed with you fully of the history.

You basically said the people of history had an ignorant view of God. What I was asking is how does one determine which of your or Tom's view is more educated/learned. Your view is similar to those you called ignorant. Tom's view of God is quite the opposite of those of the history, wouldn't you say so?

Frankly and seriously kland, I am annoyedly tired of having to do the thinking for you while you just quasi-vexatiously, mindlessly, spout off whatever spurious surface objection that first crosses your mind. Your responses seem more mischievous to me than serious/sincere. And it does concern me, as it takes up my time.

I wasn't asking you to rewrite history. I'm not sure what you thought I disagreed with what you said was history.

Your resolute premise of: “let’s pretend...”. despite the incontrovertible historical facts.

In fact, I thought I was giving the idea I agreed with you fully of the history.

Well you fooled me! There further is no sequitur link between that Historical reality and my discussion here. If the laity then had come to their view on their own, then you would have a thematic link here, however they did not as they outrightly could not. So it was whatever the clergy told them was truth that they followed.

You basically said the people of history had an ignorant view of God.

No....history says that they had the clergy’s view of God, thus only the clergy is at issue here, not the ‘compelled at the threat of death’ laity.

What I was asking is how does one determine which of your or Tom's view is more educated/learned.

Re-read this thread using the Acts 17:11 principle/example.

Your view is similar to those you called ignorant.

Wrong on two counts: (1) My view does not call for compelling people to believe in God and killing them if they do not. It is just relating the wholly Just judgement actions of God when a wrong course has been freely chosen and taken to an unacceptable point/end. (2) The Papacy (I can only deal with historical fact, and not wishful reality) was not “ignorant”, just completely and knowingly unbiblical.

Tom's view of God is quite the opposite of those of the history, wouldn't you say so?

Actually it is opposite/indifferent to Biblical Facts/History. And in terms of being Biblical, by only selecting portions of the Bible that agree with its view, it is of the same type of unbiblical methodology and shaky constitution as the approach and assumptions of the Papacy. Biblical Truth is not what one wants or needs it to be, but what it (exegetically) is. We are the ones who have to align ourselves and theology with that Truth and not vice versa.

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: NJK Project] #132794
04/19/11 08:21 PM
04/19/11 08:21 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

kland: I wasn't asking you to rewrite history. I'm not sure what you thought I disagreed with what you said was history. In fact, I thought I was giving the idea I agreed with you fully of the history.

Originally Posted By: NJK
I wasn't asking you to rewrite history. I'm not sure what you thought I disagreed with what you said was history.

Your resolute premise of: “let’s pretend...”. despite the incontrovertible historical facts.
You said it should have answered my question. I said it doesn't, but let's pretend it does. Which involved the comparison of how learned/unlearned you are. Nothing about rewriting history.

Quote:

In fact, I thought I was giving the idea I agreed with you fully of the history.

Well you fooled me! There further is no sequitur link between that Historical reality and my discussion here. If the laity then had come to their view on their own, then you would have a thematic link here, however they did not as they outrightly could not. So it was whatever the clergy told them was truth that they followed.
I was referring to your and their view of the character of God. Would you be saying your view is similar to what the clergy told them?

Quote:

You basically said the people of history had an ignorant view of God.

No....history says that they had the clergy’s view of God, thus only the clergy is at issue here, not the ‘compelled at the threat of death’ laity.
Sounds like it.

Quote:

What I was asking is how does one determine which of your or Tom's view is more educated/learned.

Re-read this thread using the Acts 17:11 principle/example.
Trying my best

Quote:

Your view is similar to those you called ignorant.

Wrong on two counts: (1) My view does not call for compelling people to believe in God and killing them if they do not. It is just relating the wholly Just judgement actions of God when a wrong course has been freely chosen and taken to an unacceptable point/end. (2) The Papacy (I can only deal with historical fact, and not wishful reality) was not “ignorant”, just completely and knowingly unbiblical.
We were talking about comparison view of the character of God. Did their view..... Maybe if you state what you think their view of the character of God is would be helpful in this conversation.

Quote:

Tom's view of God is quite the opposite of those of the history, wouldn't you say so?

Actually it is opposite/indifferent to Biblical Facts/History.
Yes, I do agree it is quite opposite of the history of the papacy view of God's character.

Quote:

And in terms of being Biblical, by only selecting portions of the Bible that agree with its view, it is of the same type of unbiblical methodology and shaky constitution as the approach and assumptions of the Papacy. Biblical Truth is not what one wants or needs it to be, but what it (exegetically) is. We are the ones who have to align ourselves and theology with that Truth and not vice versa.
I believe he has pointed out things which it appears you ignore and that you only keep selected portions. So by you saying "selecting portions of the Bible that agree with its view" suggests that some portions do agree with his view. Therefore one could only conclude that you are merely selecting other portions, right? I've never heard Tom say he was not using the Bible exegetically, and in fact goes to extra effort to show the Bible and Ellen White supports otherwise to what you are saying it says. Which brings us back to how does one know which of your views is correct?

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #132796
04/20/11 02:30 AM
04/20/11 02:30 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: NJK
It is self-manifest Tom, that your “have not/can’t done/do any/no wrong” attitude is not only limited to your view.

Certainly not. It's very evident in yours! smile

Quote:
That tone was meant to, if ever possible, snap you out of that skewed belief which is all derived from an incorrect and unexegetical approach to Biblical Study.

Have you found sarcasm to be an effective technique for helping others? Have you found them to respond favorably to such treatment?

Is this how you yourself would like to be treated? I'm sure there are those in this forum who view your ideas as negatively as you view mine. Would you like them to insult you and treat you sarcastically to 'snap you out of it'?

Quote:
Indeed it is obvious from your responses that you think you and your view know better than even Bible writer, which is why you outrightly ignore whatever they, including Jesus, say that contradict your selective and one-sided view.

Ask kland or APL if this is how they perceive how I think. If it is obvious this is the case, then it should be evident to everyone.

I have many faults, I'll readily admit, but one strength I have, by the grace of God, is the willingness to embrace new ideas when presented with evidence that they are correct. How I think now is miles apart from how I thought years ago, notwithstanding I was as sure I was correct in my thinking as you are that you are correct.

Often our thinking is wrong. I know there are errors in my thinking, which is one of the reasons I participate in these discussions. Jesus Christ constantly challenges our paradigm. The new wine needs new wine skins.

Quote:
I only know of one way to awaken someone who is sound asleep, and even dreaming, in a Fire.

And that's by insulting them, and being sarcastic?

Quote:
(Matt 5:17-20).

If you quoted the reference, that would be a kindness to your reader. (Their time is more valuable than yours, should be your thinking. "Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others." Phil. 2:4)

Quote:
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You had to look up the text to know the reference. How much effort is it to copy and paste it?

Ok, this is what the text says. How does it justify insulting people and being sarcastic to them?

Quote:
But it is indeed your self-blinding to Biblical facts that also prevents you from seeing any of this as “insults”.

If I were prevented from seeing your writing as insults, I wouldn't be bring your insults to your attention, would I?

Quote:
And... Jesus made fitting use of sarcasm throughout Matt 23, even the entire gospels when addressing these religious leaders, for those reasons, and it probably had its “awakening” effect soon after (e.g, Acts 6:7|DA 265.4)

Here's the Acts reference:

Quote:
And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

I don't see anything about a fitting use of sarcasm here. I also looked up the Desire of Ages text, and there was no mention of sarcasm there either. I won't quote this one, as it's rather long. Rather than having to read large amount of text, and try to guess your intent, it would be a kindness to your reader to quote the text, and state what you're thinking.

Here are some statements regarding "sarcasm" I found from the SOP:

Quote:
When in your discourses, you denounce with bitter sarcasm that which you wish to condemn, you sometimes offend your hearers, and their ears are turned from hearing you further. Carefully avoid any severity of speech that might give offense to those you desire to save from error; for it will be difficult to overcome the feelings of antagonism thus aroused.... If you will weed out the tares from your discourses, your influence for good will be increased.—Letter 366, 1906.(ellipsis original, EV 304)

Quote:
There are some who indulge in levity, sarcasm, and even mockery toward those who differ with them. Others present an array of objections to any new view; and when these objections are plainly answered by the words of Scripture, they do not acknowledge the evidence presented, nor allow themselves to be convinced. Their questioning is not for the purpose of arriving at truth, but was intended merely to confuse the minds of others. {GW92 128.1}

Quote:
Because of the men who engage in them, there are few discussions that it is possible to conduct upon right principles. Sharp thrusts are too frequently given, personalities are indulged in, and often both parties descend to sarcasm and witticism. The love of souls is lost in the greater desire for the mastery. Prejudice, deep and bitter, is often the result.... {GW 378.2}

Quote:
It was very painful to Christ that His nearest relatives should so dimly understand His mission, and should entertain 1136the ideas suggested by His enemies. But the Saviour did not answer the cruel sarcasm with words of like character. He pitied the spiritual ignorance of His brethren, and longed to give them a clear understanding of His mission (MS 33, 1911). {5BC 1135.10}

Quote:
He who yields to this spirit of self-exaltation places himself under the control of the enemy. If ministers of the gospel cannot harmonize with all his ideas and imaginings, he turns from them and speaks against them, pouring out the sarcasm and bitterness in his heart upon ministers and ministry. {TDG 192.4}

This is enough. I couldn't fine a single reference to "sarcasm" which is positive in its nature. I couldn't find a single suggestion that sarcasm is a tool of Christ. Every reference was negative; every reference suggesting sarcasm is a tool of the enemy.

Why do you view sarcasm as a positive thing?

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: Tom] #132798
04/20/11 04:15 AM
04/20/11 04:15 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Tom, kland, nice, respectively: peripheral/selective, and irrational/redundant, as obliviously usual, tries, but... Neh 6:3!!!

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: NJK Project] #132809
04/20/11 03:26 PM
04/20/11 03:26 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
NJK, you say you have not the time to respond. But an observer would notice that you are the top poster of the last 30 days. And if he should look at your posts, many are not short ones but take up page after page. I think he would reasonably conclude that it would be incorrect to believe that you have not the time to respond to a simple question regarding a key comparison of the views of the character of God and how it compares to the papacy and the people under it.

But at the same time, after refusal these multiple times, it would be reasonable for him to conclude you will not answer it. But why no answer? The only conclusion that I can come up with is that the views of the character of God held by those of history, either ignorantly or forcefully, compare similarly to your view of the character of God. Which you do find disturbing. Rather than ignore it, why not reconsider if the view of those past was the correct view or if it's a coerced view of those trying to get their way.

Page 77 of 105 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!