HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The Pillars of Our Faith by Daryl Fawcett #89037
05/21/07 03:06 PM
05/21/07 03:06 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The Pillars of Our Faith

===========================

Opening Hymn: “The Church Has One Foundation” No. 348

Scripture Reading: Revelation 14:6-12

Closing Hymn: “Faith of Our Fathers” No. 304

==========================

As a result of the 2005 GC Session, in which another fundamental belief was added, we have moved from 27 to 28 fundamental beliefs of the SDA Church, that are clearly listed in our latest Church Manual.

As I looked at this, and also being familiar with the word “pillars of our faith”, I began asking myself these questions, which I am now going to ask you:

· We know what the fundamental beliefs of our church are, or we can easily find them in our Church Manual, which is even accessible over the Internet, but do we know what the pillars of the SDA Church are?
· Can we find them as easily?
· Are they included in the 28 Fundamental Beliefs?

In hopes of answering these questions, I took out my Church Manual and did a word search for pillars, landmarks, foundational truths, etc. and came up with nothing.

I also asked for and received the following information by email from a pastor I am acquainted with over the Internet in the United States, and this was what he emailed me:

· Usually, when people speak of the pillars of Adventism, they are referring to Ellen White's statement in Counsels to Writers and Editors, pp. 30-31: "The passing of the time in 1844 was a period of great events, opening to our astonished eyes the cleansing of the sanctuary transpiring in heaven, and having decided relation to God's people upon the earth, [also] the first and second angels' messages and the third, unfurling the banner on which was inscribed, 'The commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.' One of the landmarks under this message was the temple of God, seen by His truth-loving people in heaven, and the ark containing the law of God. The light of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment flashed its strong ways in the pathway of the transgressors of God's law. The nonimmortality of the wicked is an old landmark. I can call to mind nothing more that can come under the head of the old landmarks."

· The landmarks, or pillars, here listed include:
1. The cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary.
2. The three angels' messages
3. The law of God
4. The seventh-day Sabbath
5. The nonimmortality of the soul

· This entire chapter, titled, "The Foundations, Pillars, and Landmarks," deserves to be read carefully by all (CW 28-32).

· The 28 Fundamental Beliefs, by contrast, is a larger summary of what Scripture teaches on a wider range of topics.

· The above pillars, or landmarks, represent our more distinctive teachings which set us apart from other Christians.

Now that we have established the pillars, or landmarks of our faith, that represents our more distinctive teachings, which set us apart from other Christians, let us examine each one of them in a different way:

1. The Cleansing of the Heavenly Sanctuary.
a. Are we still teaching about and preaching on this pillar of our faith?
i. Yes or No? _________________

b. Can it be found amongst our 28 Fundamental Beliefs?
i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #24 which says:
24. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:
There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension.
In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry.
It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus.
The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection.
It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom.
This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent.
(Heb. 8:1-5; 4:14-16; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; 1:3; 2:16, 17; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13, 14; 9:24-27; Num. 14:34; Eze. 4:6; Lev. 16; Rev. 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12; 22:12.)

2. The Law of God

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #19 which says:
19. Law of God:
The great principles of God's law are embodied in the Ten Commandments and exemplified in the life of Christ.
They express God's love, will, and purposes concerning human conduct and relationships and are binding upon all people in every age.
These precepts are the basis of God's covenant with His people and the standard in God's judgment.
Through the agency of the Holy Spirit they point out sin and awaken a sense of need for a Saviour.
Salvation is all of grace and not of works, but its fruitage is obedience to the Commandments. This obedience develops Christian character and results in a sense of well-being. It is an evidence of our love for the Lord and our concern for our fellow men. The obedience of faith demonstrates the power of Christ to transform lives, and therefore strengthens Christian witness.
(Ex. 20:1-17; Ps. 40:7, 8; Matt. 22:36-40; Deut. 28:1-14; Matt. 5:17-20; Heb. 8:8-10; John 15:7-10; Eph. 2:8-10; 1 John 5:3; Rom. 8:3, 4; Ps. 19:7-14.)

3. The Seventh-day Sabbath

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #20 which says:
20. Sabbath:
The beneficent Creator, after the six days of Creation, rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of Creation.
The fourth commandment of God's unchangeable law requires the observance of this seventh-day Sabbath as the day of rest, worship, and ministry in harmony with the teaching and practice of Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath.
The Sabbath is a day of delightful communion with God and one another.
It is a symbol of our redemption in Christ, a sign of our sanctification, a token of our allegiance, and a foretaste of our eternal future in God's kingdom.
The Sabbath is God's perpetual sign of His eternal covenant between Him and His people.
Joyful observance of this holy time from evening to evening, sunset to sunset, is a celebration of God's creative and redemptive acts.
(Gen. 2:1-3; Ex. 20:8-11; Luke 4:16; Isa. 56:5, 6; 58:13, 14; Matt. 12:1-12; Ex. 31:13-17; Eze. 20:12, 20; Deut. 5:12-15; Heb. 4:1-11; Lev. 23:32; Mark 1:32.)

4. The Non-Immortality of the Soul

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #26 which says:
26. Death and Resurrection:
The wages of sin is death. But God, who alone is immortal, will grant eternal life to His redeemed.
Until that day death is an unconscious state for all people.
When Christ, who is our life, appears, the resurrected righteous and the living righteous will be glorified and caught up to meet their Lord.
The second resurrection, the resurrection of the unrighteous, will take place a thousand years later.
(Rom. 6:23; 1 Tim. 6:15, 16; Eccl. 9:5, 6; Ps. 146:3, 4; John 11:11-14; Col. 3:4; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 1 Thess. 4:13-17; John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:1-10.)

5. The Three Angels’ Messages

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #13 which says:
13. Remnant and Its Mission:
The universal church is composed of all who truly believe in Christ, but in the last days, a time of widespread apostasy, a remnant has been called out to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
This remnant announces:
1. the arrival of the judgment hour,
2. proclaims salvation through Christ, and
3. heralds the approach of His second advent.
This proclamation is symbolized by the three angels of Revelation 14; it coincides with the work of judgment in heaven and results in a work of repentance and reform on earth.
Every believer is called to have a personal part in this worldwide witness.
(Rev. 12:17; 14:6-12; 18:1-4; 2 Cor. 5:10; Jude 3, 14; 1 Peter 1:16-19; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Rev. 21:1-14.)

Here is a comparison summary of the Pillars of our Faith with the corresponding Fundamental Beliefs:

· 1. The cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary = Fundamental Belief #24.
2. The three angels' messages = Fundamental Belief #13.
3. The law of God = Fundamental Belief #19.
4. The seventh-day Sabbath = Fundamental Belief #20.
5. The nonimmortality of the soul = Fundamental Belief #26.

Now why did I present this type of a message today?
· To show whether or not we are still officially holding to the pillars of our faith in the SDA Church that makes us distinct from the other Christian churches.
a. I have shown that we are officially doing that.

I also did an EGW word search using the words “pillars of our faith” and came up with the following other interesting quotes:

· Teach Sound Doctrine.--Those who have seen the truth and felt its importance, and have had an experience in the things of God, are to teach sound doctrine to their children. They should make them acquainted with the great pillars of our faith, the reasons why we are Seventh-day Adventists--why we are called, as were the children of Israel, to be a peculiar people, a holy nation, separate and distinct from all other people on the face of the earth. These things should be explained to the children in simple language, easy to be understood; and as they grow in years, the lessons imparted should be suited to their increasing capacity, until the foundations of truth have been laid broad and deep.

· Let the truths that are the foundation of our faith be kept before the people. Some will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. They talk science, and the enemy comes in and gives them an abundance of science; but it is not the science of salvation. It is not the science of humility, of consecration, or of the sanctification of the Spirit. We are now to understand what the pillars of our faith are,--the truths that have made us as a people what we are, leading us on step by step.-- Review and Herald, May 25, 1905.

The message and the responsibility for us today is to be certain that we are teaching and preaching this to our children in our homes, and to one another in our churches.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: The Pillars of Our Faith by Daryl Fawcett [Re: Daryl] #90596
07/16/07 12:30 AM
07/16/07 12:30 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
When I presented this in another SDA church, I added the following quote:

-----beginning of quote-----

The Firm Foundation of Our Faith

Many of our people do not realize how firmly the foundation of our faith has been laid. My husband, Elder Joseph Bates, Father Pierce,

[OLDER BRETHREN AMONG THE PIONEERS ARE HERE THUS REMINISCENTLY REFERRED TO. "FATHER PIERCE" WAS STEPHEN PIERCE, WHO SERVED IN MINISTERIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE WORK IN THE EARLY DAYS. "FATHER ANDREWS" WAS EDWARD ANDREWS, THE FATHER OF J. N. ANDREWS.--COMPILERS.]

Elder {Hiram} Edson, and others who were keen, noble, and true, were among those who, after the passing of the time in 1844, searched for the truth as for hidden treasure. I met with them, and we studied and prayed earnestly. Often we remained together until late at night, and sometimes through the entire night, praying for light and studying the Word. Again and again these brethren came together to study the Bible, in order that they might know its meaning, and be prepared to teach it with power. When they came to the point in their study where they said, "We can do nothing more," the Spirit of the Lord would come upon me, I would be taken off in vision, and a clear explanation of the passages we had been studying would be given me, with instruction as to how we were to labor and teach effectively. Thus light was given that helped us to understand the scriptures in regard to Christ, His mission, and His priesthood. A line of truth extending from that time to the time when we shall enter the city of God, was made plain to me, and I gave to others the instruction that the Lord had given me. {1SM 206.4}

During this whole time I could not understand the reasoning of the brethren. My mind was locked, as it were, and I could not comprehend the meaning of the scriptures we were studying. This was one of the greatest sorrows of my life. I was in this condition of mind until all the principal points of our faith were made clear to our minds, in harmony with the Word of God. The brethren knew that when not in vision, I could not understand these matters, and they accepted as light direct from heaven the revelations given.
{1SM 207.1}

For two or three years my mind continued to be locked to an understanding of the Scriptures. In the course of our labors, my husband and I visited Father Andrews, who was suffering intensely with inflammatory rheumatism. We prayed for him. I laid my hands on his head, and said, "Father Andrews, the Lord Jesus maketh thee whole." He was healed instantly. He got up, and walked about the room, praising God, and saying, "I never saw it on this wise before. Angels of God are in this room." The glory of the Lord was revealed. Light seemed to shine all through the house, and an angel's hand was laid upon my head. From that time to this I have been able to understand the Word of God. {1SM 207.2}

What influence is it would lead men at this stage of our history to work in an underhand, powerful way to tear down the foundation of our faith--the foundation that was laid at the beginning of our work by prayerful study of the Word and by revelation? Upon this foundation we have been building for the past fifty years. Do you wonder that when I see the beginning of a work that would remove some of the pillars of our faith, I have something to say? I must obey the command, "Meet it!" . . . {1SM 207.3}

I must bear the messages of warning that God gives me to bear, and then leave with the Lord the results. I must now present the matter in all its bearings; for the people of God must not be despoiled. {1SM 208.1}

We are God's commandment-keeping people. For the past fifty years every phase of heresy has been brought to bear upon us, to becloud our minds regarding the teaching of the Word--especially concerning the ministration of Christ in the heavenly sanctuary, and the message of Heaven for these last days, as given by the angels of the fourteenth chapter of Revelation. Messages of every order and kind have been urged upon Seventh-day Adventists, to take the place of the truth which, point by point, has been sought out by prayerful study, and testified to by the miracle-working power of the Lord. But the waymarks which have made us what we are, are to be preserved, and they will be preserved, as God has signified through His Word and the testimony of His Spirit. He calls upon us to hold firmly, with the grip of faith, to the fundamental principles that are based upon unquestionable authority. {1SM 208.2}

-----end of quote-----

Daryl smile

Re: The Pillars of Our Faith by Daryl Fawcett [Re: Daryl] #90599
07/16/07 02:09 AM
07/16/07 02:09 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
 Quote:
. . . we studied and prayed earnestly. Often we remained together until late at night, and sometimes through the entire night, praying for light and studying the Word. Again and again these brethren came together to study the Bible, in order that they might know its meaning, and be prepared to teach it with power.

How often to we hear of the brethren studying the word and praying earnestly for light all through the night?

I have to ask, if the 28 FB were devised in this manner, or are they a product of spin and PR, or what gets the most votes from the delegates (politics and popularity)?

Daryl, have you attended GC session? How is it now done?

Re: The Pillars of Our Faith by Daryl Fawcett [Re: crater] #90605
07/16/07 01:48 PM
07/16/07 01:48 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
 Originally Posted By: crater

Daryl, have you attended GC session? How is it now done?

I created a new topic in one of the private SDA forums of MSDAOL, where I plan to answer your question.

I hope others, who have access there, will be able to do likewise.

Daryl smile

Re: The Pillars of Our Faith by Daryl Fawcett [Re: Daryl] #133265
05/05/11 07:39 PM
05/05/11 07:39 PM
Rick H  Offline
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
The Pillars of Our Faith

===========================

Opening Hymn: “The Church Has One Foundation” No. 348

Scripture Reading: Revelation 14:6-12

Closing Hymn: “Faith of Our Fathers” No. 304

==========================

As a result of the 2005 GC Session, in which another fundamental belief was added, we have moved from 27 to 28 fundamental beliefs of the SDA Church, that are clearly listed in our latest Church Manual.

As I looked at this, and also being familiar with the word “pillars of our faith”, I began asking myself these questions, which I am now going to ask you:

· We know what the fundamental beliefs of our church are, or we can easily find them in our Church Manual, which is even accessible over the Internet, but do we know what the pillars of the SDA Church are?
· Can we find them as easily?
· Are they included in the 28 Fundamental Beliefs?

In hopes of answering these questions, I took out my Church Manual and did a word search for pillars, landmarks, foundational truths, etc. and came up with nothing.

I also asked for and received the following information by email from a pastor I am acquainted with over the Internet in the United States, and this was what he emailed me:

· Usually, when people speak of the pillars of Adventism, they are referring to Ellen White's statement in Counsels to Writers and Editors, pp. 30-31: "The passing of the time in 1844 was a period of great events, opening to our astonished eyes the cleansing of the sanctuary transpiring in heaven, and having decided relation to God's people upon the earth, [also] the first and second angels' messages and the third, unfurling the banner on which was inscribed, 'The commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.' One of the landmarks under this message was the temple of God, seen by His truth-loving people in heaven, and the ark containing the law of God. The light of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment flashed its strong ways in the pathway of the transgressors of God's law. The nonimmortality of the wicked is an old landmark. I can call to mind nothing more that can come under the head of the old landmarks."

· The landmarks, or pillars, here listed include:
1. The cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary.
2. The three angels' messages
3. The law of God
4. The seventh-day Sabbath
5. The nonimmortality of the soul

· This entire chapter, titled, "The Foundations, Pillars, and Landmarks," deserves to be read carefully by all (CW 28-32).

· The 28 Fundamental Beliefs, by contrast, is a larger summary of what Scripture teaches on a wider range of topics.

· The above pillars, or landmarks, represent our more distinctive teachings which set us apart from other Christians.

Now that we have established the pillars, or landmarks of our faith, that represents our more distinctive teachings, which set us apart from other Christians, let us examine each one of them in a different way:

1. The Cleansing of the Heavenly Sanctuary.

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #24 which says:
24. Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:
There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension.
In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry.
It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus.
The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection.
It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom.
This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent.
(Heb. 8:1-5; 4:14-16; 9:11-28; 10:19-22; 1:3; 2:16, 17; Dan. 7:9-27; 8:13, 14; 9:24-27; Num. 14:34; Eze. 4:6; Lev. 16; Rev. 14:6, 7; 20:12; 14:12; 22:12.)

2. The Law of God

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #19 which says:
19. Law of God:
The great principles of God's law are embodied in the Ten Commandments and exemplified in the life of Christ.
They express God's love, will, and purposes concerning human conduct and relationships and are binding upon all people in every age.
These precepts are the basis of God's covenant with His people and the standard in God's judgment.
Through the agency of the Holy Spirit they point out sin and awaken a sense of need for a Saviour.
Salvation is all of grace and not of works, but its fruitage is obedience to the Commandments. This obedience develops Christian character and results in a sense of well-being. It is an evidence of our love for the Lord and our concern for our fellow men. The obedience of faith demonstrates the power of Christ to transform lives, and therefore strengthens Christian witness.
(Ex. 20:1-17; Ps. 40:7, 8; Matt. 22:36-40; Deut. 28:1-14; Matt. 5:17-20; Heb. 8:8-10; John 15:7-10; Eph. 2:8-10; 1 John 5:3; Rom. 8:3, 4; Ps. 19:7-14.)

3. The Seventh-day Sabbath

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #20 which says:
20. Sabbath:
The beneficent Creator, after the six days of Creation, rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of Creation.
The fourth commandment of God's unchangeable law requires the observance of this seventh-day Sabbath as the day of rest, worship, and ministry in harmony with the teaching and practice of Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath.
The Sabbath is a day of delightful communion with God and one another.
It is a symbol of our redemption in Christ, a sign of our sanctification, a token of our allegiance, and a foretaste of our eternal future in God's kingdom.
The Sabbath is God's perpetual sign of His eternal covenant between Him and His people.
Joyful observance of this holy time from evening to evening, sunset to sunset, is a celebration of God's creative and redemptive acts.
(Gen. 2:1-3; Ex. 20:8-11; Luke 4:16; Isa. 56:5, 6; 58:13, 14; Matt. 12:1-12; Ex. 31:13-17; Eze. 20:12, 20; Deut. 5:12-15; Heb. 4:1-11; Lev. 23:32; Mark 1:32.)

4. The Non-Immortality of the Soul

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #26 which says:
26. Death and Resurrection:
The wages of sin is death. But God, who alone is immortal, will grant eternal life to His redeemed.
Until that day death is an unconscious state for all people.
When Christ, who is our life, appears, the resurrected righteous and the living righteous will be glorified and caught up to meet their Lord.
The second resurrection, the resurrection of the unrighteous, will take place a thousand years later.
(Rom. 6:23; 1 Tim. 6:15, 16; Eccl. 9:5, 6; Ps. 146:3, 4; John 11:11-14; Col. 3:4; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 1 Thess. 4:13-17; John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:1-10.)

5. The Three Angels’ Messages

i. The answer is “yes” to this as it appears under Fundamental Belief #13 which says:
13. Remnant and Its Mission:
The universal church is composed of all who truly believe in Christ, but in the last days, a time of widespread apostasy, a remnant has been called out to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
This remnant announces:
1. the arrival of the judgment hour,
2. proclaims salvation through Christ, and
3. heralds the approach of His second advent.
This proclamation is symbolized by the three angels of Revelation 14; it coincides with the work of judgment in heaven and results in a work of repentance and reform on earth.
Every believer is called to have a personal part in this worldwide witness.
(Rev. 12:17; 14:6-12; 18:1-4; 2 Cor. 5:10; Jude 3, 14; 1 Peter 1:16-19; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Rev. 21:1-14.)

Here is a comparison summary of the Pillars of our Faith with the corresponding Fundamental Beliefs:

· 1. The cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary = Fundamental Belief #24.
2. The three angels' messages = Fundamental Belief #13.
3. The law of God = Fundamental Belief #19.
4. The seventh-day Sabbath = Fundamental Belief #20.
5. The nonimmortality of the soul = Fundamental Belief #26.

Now why did I present this type of a message today?
· To show whether or not we are still officially holding to the pillars of our faith in the SDA Church that makes us distinct from the other Christian churches.
a. I have shown that we are officially doing that.

I also did an EGW word search using the words “pillars of our faith” and came up with the following other interesting quotes:

· Teach Sound Doctrine.--Those who have seen the truth and felt its importance, and have had an experience in the things of God, are to teach sound doctrine to their children. They should make them acquainted with the great pillars of our faith, the reasons why we are Seventh-day Adventists--why we are called, as were the children of Israel, to be a peculiar people, a holy nation, separate and distinct from all other people on the face of the earth. These things should be explained to the children in simple language, easy to be understood; and as they grow in years, the lessons imparted should be suited to their increasing capacity, until the foundations of truth have been laid broad and deep.

· Let the truths that are the foundation of our faith be kept before the people. Some will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. They talk science, and the enemy comes in and gives them an abundance of science; but it is not the science of salvation. It is not the science of humility, of consecration, or of the sanctification of the Spirit. We are now to understand what the pillars of our faith are,--the truths that have made us as a people what we are, leading us on step by step.-- Review and Herald, May 25, 1905.

The message and the responsibility for us today is to be certain that we are teaching and preaching this to our children in our homes, and to one another in our churches.

Sorry to bring up so old a thread but I came across a quote and wanted to get everyones input, is the nature/personality of God or of Christ part of the Pillars?

".....Those who seek to remove the old landmarks are not holding fast; they are not remembering how they have received and heard. Those who try to bring in theories that would remove the pillars of our faith concerning the sanctuary or concerning the personality of God or of Christ, are working as blind men. They are seeking to bring in uncertainties and to set the people of God adrift without an anchor." {MR760 9.5}

Re: The Pillars of Our Faith by Daryl Fawcett [Re: Rick H] #133268
05/05/11 08:00 PM
05/05/11 08:00 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
The "pillars" are just the beliefs which, taken together, came to distinguish us from the other denominations. Therefore, the nature/personality of God (like other beliefs we hold) is not mentioned among the "pillars."

Re: The Pillars of Our Faith by Daryl Fawcett [Re: Rosangela] #133270
05/05/11 10:22 PM
05/05/11 10:22 PM
Rick H  Offline
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
The "pillars" are just the beliefs which, taken together, came to distinguish us from the other denominations. Therefore, the nature/personality of God (like other beliefs we hold) is not mentioned among the "pillars."

Ahhh, that is why they seem to vary.

Gracias Rosangela pur la ayuda...(I have to practice my spanish or I am going to forget.....) thumbsup

Re: The Pillars of Our Faith by Daryl Fawcett [Re: Rick H] #133273
05/06/11 01:25 AM
05/06/11 01:25 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
De nada, Rick. smile

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!