HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Rosangela] #133263
05/05/11 06:04 PM
05/05/11 06:04 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Also, some might want to take a look at this thread, which discusses Daniel 12, and where there is a link to Eugene Prewitt's study about it.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Rosangela] #133269
05/05/11 08:30 PM
05/05/11 08:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:
It sounded like you just said that all numbers in Daniel are related to the same period.

Ellen White interprets the 1260 days as being 538-1798. She interprets the 2300 as being 457-1844, that is, including the 1260.
But you're still under the supposition that all numbers are related to the same period. Where does Ellen White say the 1260 of Daniel 12 is 538-1798? In fact, does she say anything about Daniel 12 other than we need to study it for the future? Is there anything in Daniel 12 that applies to the future? Or anything in Daniel for that matter?

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Rosangela] #133277
05/06/11 02:03 AM
05/06/11 02:03 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Quote:
It sounded like you just said that all numbers in Daniel are related to the same period.

Ellen White interprets the 1260 days as being 538-1798. She interprets the 2300 as being 457-1844, that is, including the 1260. She says:

The message of Revelation 14, proclaiming that the hour of God's judgment is come, is given in the time of the end; and the angel of Revelation 10 is represented as having one foot on the sea and one foot on the land, showing that the message will be carried to distant lands, the ocean will be crossed, and the islands of the sea will hear the proclamation of the last message of warning to our world. {2SM 107.3}

"And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer" (Rev. 10:5, 6). This message announces the end of the prophetic periods. {2SM 108.1}

So, yes, I believe that there are still prophecies to be fulfilled during earth's history, but none of them with time attached to it.

This quote "This message announces the end of the prophetic periods. {2SM 108.1}" Is often interpreted to say that all prophetic time ended at that time. But the phrases "prophetic periods" and "prophetic time" as used in th Spirit of Prophecy refer to the day and hour of Christ's Advent.

Originally Posted By: EGW
The preaching of definite time called forth great opposition from all classes, from the minister in the pulpit down to the most reckless, heaven-daring sinner. "No man knoweth the day nor the hour," was heard from the hypocritical minister and the bold scoffer. Neither would be instructed and corrected by those who were pointing to the year when they believed the prophetic periods would run out, and to the signs which showed Christ near, even at the doors. Many shepherds of the flock, who professed to love Jesus, said that they had no opposition to the preaching of Christ's coming, but they objected to the definite time. God's all-seeing eye read their hearts. They did not love Jesus near. They knew that their unchristian lives would not stand the test, for they were not walking in the humble path marked out by Him. These false shepherds stood in the way of the work of God. The truth spoken in its convincing power aroused the people, and like the jailer, they began to inquire, "What must I do to be saved?" But these shepherds stepped in between the truth and the people, and preached smooth things to lead them from the truth. They united with Satan and his angels, crying, "Peace, peace," when there was no peace. Those who loved their ease and were content with their distance from God would not be aroused from their carnal security. I saw that angels of God marked it all; the garments of those unconsecrated shepherds were covered with the blood of souls. {EW 233.2}

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133279
05/06/11 02:16 AM
05/06/11 02:16 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
From Strong's allow me to give you two instances:
Unto two thousand <0505> (Daniel 8:14)
the thousand <0505> (Daniel 12:12)

0505 &#1507;&#1500;&#1488; ‘eleph eh’- lef is translated as thousand 500 times and a variant 1 time (2000)

The same number was translated as 1000 and 2000 depending on the context. That being said, the translators got it right that time. Point being the context can affect how the number is intended to be understood.

The inference is wrong, so the conclusion is wrong. The word in Dan. 12:12 is alph - a thousand, while the word in Dan. 8:14 is alphim - two thousand, as the supphix "im" indicates "two."
I checked him on that and you must have a different Strong's than we have.

Here is the quote:"14 And he said <0559> (8799) unto me, Unto two thousand <0505> and three <07969> hundred <03967> days <06153> <01242>; then shall the sanctuary <06944> be cleansed <06663> (8738)."

and here's the cross-reference:
0505 &#1507;&#1500;&#1488; ‘eleph eh’- lef

prop, the same as 0504; n m; {See TWOT on 109 @@ "109a"}

AV-thousand 500, eleven hundred + 03967 3, variant 1, twelve hundred + 03967 1; 505

1) a thousand
1a) as numeral
2) a thousand, company
2a) as a company of men under one leader, troops

That is something you will have to take up with the online Bible people that make Strong's available to everyone.

But it is helpful to have this reference that you kindly gave http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/dan8.pdf

a little more time consuming but truth is worth a little extra effort.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Rosangela] #133281
05/06/11 02:17 AM
05/06/11 02:17 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
kland,

Strong's just give the words in the singular form. You must read the text itself. You can read it here, together with an interlinear translation:

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Hebrew_Index.htm

This is something I did not know. Thank you.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133287
05/06/11 03:28 AM
05/06/11 03:28 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
But you're still under the supposition that all numbers are related to the same period. Where does Ellen White say the 1260 of Daniel 12 is 538-1798? In fact, does she say anything about Daniel 12 other than we need to study it for the future? Is there anything in Daniel 12 that applies to the future? Or anything in Daniel for that matter?

Kland this might help.

[Daniel 12:9, 4, 10, 13 quoted.] The time has come for Daniel to stand in his lot. The time has come for the light given him to go to the world as never before. If those for whom the Lord has done so much will walk in the light, their knowledge of Christ and the prophecies relating to Him will be greatly increased as they near the close of this earth's history (MS 176, 1899).

When she states light is to go as never before, is she saying a different method of disseminating light or a different meaning is to be attached to the prophecies in the endtime?

Even the prophets, who were favored with the special illumination of the Spirit, did not fully comprehend the import of the revelations committed to them. The meaning was to be unfolded, from age to age, as the people of God should need the instruction therein contained. (GC88 344.2)

The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days they will explain themselves.(7BC 949.6)

The light that Daniel received direct from God was given especially for these last days. The visions he saw by the banks of the Ulai and the Hiddekel, the great rivers of Shinar, are now in process of fulfillment, and all the events foretold will soon have come to pass (Letter 57, 1896).

In Daniel 10:4 Gabriel's explanation that was given by the Hiddekel River and 12:5 shows that Daniel is still at the river. Thus Daniel 12 relates especially to the last days. So when are the "last days" according to the SoP?

...error as I was compelled to meet among Advent believers after the passing of the time in 1844, will be repeated in these last days.--Letter 358, 1908.

Since Mrs. White places "these last days" after 1844, and Daniel 12 is linked to the rivers, it follows that EVERYTHING in Daniel 12 "from God was given especially for these last days." Thus the 1260 in Daniel 12 is not applicable to the 538-1798 events that are fixed historically before 1844.

And the 1260, 1290 and 1335 in Daniel 12 cannot be understood after 1844 in the context of a day for a year and still apply to the last days (sometime beyond 1844). From any date after 1844, the 1260-years would extend beyond 3104AD.

Thank you for asking.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133311
05/07/11 12:55 AM
05/07/11 12:55 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
But you're still under the supposition that all numbers are related to the same period. Where does Ellen White say the 1260 of Daniel 12 is 538-1798?

The passage says:

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
5 Then I Daniel looked, and behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And I said to the man clothed in linen, who was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by him that liveth for ever, that it shall be for a time, times, and a half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be 1290 days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the 1335 days.
13 But go thou thy way till the end: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Ellen White comments on this:

Twice Daniel inquired, How long shall it be to the end of time? "And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And He said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be 1290 days. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the 1335 days. But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days." It was the Lion of the tribe of Judah who unsealed the book and gave to John the revelation of what should be in these last days. Daniel stood in his lot to bear his testimony which was sealed until the time of the end, when the first angel's message should be proclaimed to our world. These matters are of infinite importance in these last days; but while "many shall be purified, and made white, and tried," "the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand." How true this is! Sin is the transgression of the law of God; and those who will not accept the light in regard to the law of God will not understand the proclamation of the first, second, and third angel's messages. The book of Daniel is unsealed in the revelation to John, and carries us forward to the last scenes of this earth's history. {TM 114.6-115.3}

In his vision of the last days Daniel inquired, "O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. . . . Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the 1335 days. But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days" [Dan. 12:8-13]. Daniel has been standing in his lot since the seal was removed and the light of truth has been shining upon his visions. He stands in his lot, bearing the testimony which was to be understood at the end of the days. {1SAT 225.5}

The prophecy of the first angel's message, brought to view in Revelation 14, found its fulfillment in the advent movement of 1840-44. In both Europe and America, men of faith and prayer were deeply moved as their attention was called to the prophecies, and, tracing down the Inspired Record, they saw convincing evidence that the end of all things was at hand. The Spirit of God urged His servants to give the warning. Far and wide spread the message of the everlasting gospel, "Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come." Rev. 14:7. {SR 356.1}

If in the city of Boston and other cities of the East, you and your wife will unite in medical evangelistic work, your usefulness will increase, and there will open before you clear views of duty. In these cities the message of the first angel went with great power in 1842 and 1843, and now the time has come when the message of the third angel is to be proclaimed extensively in the East. --Letter 20, 1910. {Ev 389.3}

So, to me things are clear. Daniel's message was sealed until the time of the end. As Daniel inquired when the time of the end would be, the answer was that it would be after a time, times and a half (1260 days); there is then a mention to the 1290 days and blessing on those who come to the 1335 days. Then it's said that Daniel would stand in his lot at the end of the days. Ellen White says that the time of the end would be at the proclamation of the 1st angel's message; since then Daniel is standing in his lot. She says this was in the advent movement of 1840-1844, but specially in 1842/1843. Remember that according to the Historicist interpretation the 1335 days end in 1843. So it's clear that the 1260 go from 538 to 1798, the 1290 from 508 to 1798, and the 1335 from 508 to 1843. There is a perfect harmony between this interpretation and what the Bible and Ellen White say.

Quote:
Is there anything in Daniel 12 that applies to the future?

Sure. Verses 1-3. They portray the very end of the time of the end. The verses following these speak about the beginning of the time of the end.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #133320
05/07/11 07:19 AM
05/07/11 07:19 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
Roseangela: I agree in part with your understanding here. Namely that post 1844 there are no longer applicable time elements in any prophecy that may be fulfilled, even spiritually re-fulfilled post 1844 as per the clear SOP statements towards this. However, as just stated, I indeed do not see that this precludes a typological/spiritual re-fulfillment of the prophecy, as it is seen with the three ways of fulfillment in Christ’s Olivet discourse. The book of revelation also has a Literal (Chapter 2&3), Historical (ca. 4-13:10) and Eschatological (13:11-21) [Ch. 22 = post GC] waves of fulfillment, however, as I substantively see it, certain parts in the other waves can have partial/typological/spiritual fulfillment in the current waves when/as the prophetic/development need/reality is.

This time, which the angel declares with a solemn oath, is not the end of this world’s history, neither of probationary time, but of prophetic time, which should precede the advent of our Lord. That is, the people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time, reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844.(7BC 971.7)

Many miss the context which should precede the advent of our Lord and read that statement to say: This time, which the angel declares...is...the end...of prophetic time. But a careful study of the Bible proves that prophetic time can be followed in both Daniel and Revelation after 1844.

I don’t see this response as being indicative nor conclusive of your point that prophetic time should be reckoned after 1844. Perhaps you think that the phrase: “which should precede the advent of our Lord” means ‘the time until/up to when Jesus actually returns,’ but that view would be/is refuted by the fact that, as recorded in 1MR 100.1, EGW made that statement in 1900 [=Ms 59, 1900, pp. 8, 9. ("Jots and Tittles, II," August 16, 1900.)], thus 56 years after 1844. Moreover, quite clearly in that statement, she understood this include all time period shorter than ‘the longest of those times’, namely the 2300 days.

The view that all prophetic time stopped in 1844 makes the Spirit of Prophecy contradict the Scriptures.

From even just your quoted EGW statement above I don’t see this to be true. Also what “Scripture” are you referring to. To say that you “believe” that the time element in a Bible prophecy will be fulfilled in the future, or even, has recently been fulfilled, is not actually a proof against this “I was shown” statement of EGW.

Also these already cited, many other SOP quotes in this regard, (E.g., 2SM 73 (1885), 10MR 270 (1888); 272 (1891); 7BC 971 (1900); cf. LDE 35-36; RH, November 1, 1850 par. 12; cf. RH, Nov. 22, 1892 par. 7.) clearly show that EGW was copiously, consistently and unequivocally clear on this issue, even rebuking those in her time who went against it. (See e.g., in this blog post [Note #4 and/or Search for “Brother Hewit”]) Indeed, though she spoke of many time fulfillments which she even expected for her time, she never made an exposition on time elements, indeed namely, the 1290 & 1335 days.

Indeed it makes all the sense in the world why God would make a direct revelation to EGW about this, given the normative, even logical, likelihood of involving time element in future fulfillments.

The Bible is true and the Spirit of Prophecy agrees with it. But human beings that did not understand the Bible or the Spirit of Prophecy have erroneously added a private interpretation: a teaching that has crept into the church as if it were truth.

The errors that crept into the early church...have never been extinct. They are peculiarly active at the present time, constituting one of the perils of the last days. And God requires us to stand...unflinchingly for the truth. With the love of the truth burning in our hearts, we shall “earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints.” (ST, January 29, 1885 par. 15)

These errors ... although they be hoary with age, yet they have not behind them a “Thus saith the Lord.” For the Lord has said, I will not “alter the thing that is gone out of My lips.” …The Lord has permitted still greater light to shine in these last days ... revealing His law and showing us what is truth. (FE 450.1)

These SOP quotes are taken out of their context. You are making them seem like EGW is ‘rebuking the error of not make prophetic time interpretation after 1844' when that is not at all what she was saying nor referring to as “error”. Therefore this is a patent SOP “proof text”

In ST, January 29, 1885 par. 15 she is referring to doctrinal errors in the Early NT Church During Paul’s and John time. There was not even a notion or understanding of how to interpret time prophecies then.

In FE 450.1, indeed as seen in the opening sentence of that paragraph that you left out she says: “Great light was given to the Reformers, but many of them received the sophistry of error through misinterpretation of the Scriptures.” Thus she is referring to errors from the time of these Reformers. And as the work of these Reformers went on to make understood the interpretation of time elements in Bible prophecies, she surely, especially in your view, is not saying that this was one of the pointed errors that been passed on to the, actually distinct Remnant Church. Indeed she, writing this in 1897 (see SpTEd 154.1) is speaking about Catholic and Protestant Churches (not including of course, the SDA Church).

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #133321
05/07/11 07:22 AM
05/07/11 07:22 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
...the Second Coming is dependent on how faithful the Church is in finishing the work. That is why no time element is to be attached to its fulfillement as it will occur whenever the work is done. Indeed even “Final Events” will not begin to unflinchingly unravel until God supernaturally acts to allow the Four Winds to blow upon the Earth. That God will one day wrap things up by Christ appearance is the non-changing ultimate plan, however there is nothing written in stone as to when, or in which generation of “Believers” it will occur. That is all dependent on when the require Gospel Work is actually completed, and that, inherently, as it thoroughly should be.

That is like saying that Jesus will never come if Satan can keep the Church from preparing.

Actually that is what I do understand as the Theological Truth and Reality. If: “Satan can keep the Church from preparing” which can only be done by Church members choosing to follow and adhere to the unbiblical suggestions of Satan, then how can the Character of God ever be perfectly reproduced in them?? Indeed: “Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church.” (COL 69.1).

For God to “make this happen”, would be for Him to violate man’s freewill and force professed believer to “perfectly”, as He fully expects, do His will (COL 62.1-69.2) = ‘reflect His Character.’

I assure you that God's word (prophecy) is more specific than that.

The (though falsely concluded) “ambiguity” here is not with God or His Word, but with the freedom man has been given. Jesus will come. When the work is done, which will and only can be done by a Character-wise, “perfected” people of God.

Also to claim, as implied that you “assuredly” have specific prophetic time for the unfolding of Final Events and/or from the Bible, the time for the Second is, by SOP and Bible testimony actually quite unbiblical.

We must cherish and cultivate the faith of which prophets and apostles have testified,--the faith that lays hold on the promises of God, and waits for deliverance in his appointed time and way. The sure word of prophecy will meet its final fulfillment in the glorious advent of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, as King of kings and Lord of lords. The time of waiting may seem long; the soul may be oppressed by discouraging circumstances; many in whom confidence has been placed may fall by the way: but with the prophet who endeavored to encourage Judah in a time of unparalleled apostasy, let us confidently declare, "The Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him." Habakkuk 2:20. Let us ever hold in remembrance the cheering message, "The vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. . . . The just shall live by his faith." Habakkuk 2:3, 4. {RH, July 15, 1915 par. 3}

As I read it (and there are many more references like this) Christ's Advent is for an APPOINTED TIME

When taken into fuller SOP context, this concept of an “Appointed Time” is clearly dependent on when the work really begins to be finished. Both the Bible and SOP speak of the Four Winds being about to be released but God then commissioning an angel to hold them back. EGW saw this occurring in her time. Indeed she believed that the Second Coming would have occurred in her day, had the Church been ready. So clearly God’s “appointed time” depends first on the advent of a “season” and that is pivotally the “season” of a truly prepared people who are then engaged in truly finishing God’s work, and that, as He expects it to be done.

(For transparency and documentation’s sake, it would be interesting to see your other “appointed time” statements. Just cite the SOP references.)

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #133322
05/07/11 07:24 AM
05/07/11 07:24 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Ezra arrived at Jerusalem 19-days before Yom Kippur 457 BC
From Yom Kippur 457 BC 2300-years extend to Yom Kippur 1844

Although I would generally agree with the fundamental principle that God’s prophecies do applicably and purposely speak in at least some part to every generation of believers since they are given, and thus Ezra would have been motivated by his understanding and reckoning of Daniel’s 2300 day prophecy, to seek to effectuate a Return in order to “beautify” the, by then, already rebuilt temple and make it fully functional (Ezra 7:12-20ff), among other granted powers, I have a technical problem with you claiming that he arrived in Jerusalem 19 days before Yom Kippur. As you had quoted, the Bible says he arrived on the First day of the 5th Month (Ezra 7:8b) the Day of Atonement was on the 10th day of the 7th Month (Lev 16:29). With the Hebrew lunar calender then having ca. 30 days per month, there was ca. 70 days between Ezra’s arrival and the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur)!??

Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!