HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 13 of 35 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 34 35
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133471
05/12/11 09:36 PM
05/12/11 09:36 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: kland
Maybe with all your substantively contextualizing/specifying/qualifying statements, I'm not really sure if what you're saying is what I'm saying. smile

That’s why I had asked you to state more clearly what you meant in what you said. I aim to take every pertinent thing into consideration when considering an issue/making an answer and so I found your selective and unsubstantiated objection to, pointedly/exclusively Alberto Timm to have too many “loose ends”.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133473
05/12/11 10:19 PM
05/12/11 10:19 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick

Good point NJK. I stand corrected. The spying was not the problem, it was the evil reports.
Something to consider is that it wasn't God's will for Israel to have a king. However, He helped them select one.

I think spying was a problem, a lack of faith, and it is similar to, who killed Saul. Seems like I came across the spying issue before and may try to find it.

Not spying, but found a "numbering" issue:

Quote:
2Sa 24:1 ¶ And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

Quote:
1Ch 21:1 ¶ And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
1Ch 21:2 And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.
1Ch 21:3 And Joab answered, The LORD make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel?

1Ch 21:7 ¶ And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.
Sounds weird for God to "move" David to number Israel and then because they did, to "smite" them.

A succinct answer to this apparent contradiction based on some exegetical points is that in 2 Sam 24:1, the mention of the Devil is left out as the text actually says:

Originally Posted By: Bible 2Sa 24:1 (cf. in part NASB)
The anger of the LORD was caused to be added (Hiphil) for even a burning (infinitive construct) in Israel, when he (i.e., Satan (2 Chr 21:1)) incited/instigated David against them to say, "Go, number Israel and Judah."

In other words, the later writers of 2 Chronicles specified the pointed “instigating” agent that had been left out (for whatever reason) in the prior 2 Samuel historical account.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #133474
05/12/11 10:20 PM
05/12/11 10:20 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Let me reword it then:

Something to consider is that it wasn't God's will for Israel to have a king at that time. However, He helped them select one at that time.

That is indeed more inline with the full teaching on the Bible in this regards, however with the issue of spying, I also more “fully” see that an issue of “pre-testing” Israel was being involved here. God already knew that they would not have been able to conquer that land except by His supernatural assistance. (Cf. Joshua 1:5-9, e.g., the Crossing of the Jordan (Jos 3), the fall of Jericho (1st conquest (Jos 6), etc). Indeed even the spying of Jericho (Jos 2) seemed to be completely unnecessary, given the miraculous way in which it was going to be made to fall, but another test to see if these spies and Israel had learned their lesson by then.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #133482
05/13/11 05:11 AM
05/13/11 05:11 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
His Child, I have some potentially view-pertinent questions from your related Youtube clip for your “Put out the Light” book.

1. At 00:11-00:18 when you speak of the Mark of the Beast, you show a barcode and a microchip. Do you believe that the Mark of the Beast is and/or involves, bar codes and microchips?

2. At 00:30, when speaking of “the identity of Antichrist” you show a picture of President Barack Obama. Are you saying/implying that He is the Antichrist.

I would presume “No” for both questions and that these are just attention-getting depictions and/or reflections of popular beliefs, however I am not sure as I have never seen an SDA advertise a prophetic study with these methods. Usually images representing our actual beliefs are used (e.g., symbolic beasts, even real life images of the Papacy, symbols of the Roman Catholic Church, etc.)

3. At the end, you post your email loudcry.2007@-----.com. What does the 2007mean/indicate here. I.e., is that the “prophetic time” when you had reckoned that the Loud Cry would begin, or actually fully transpire/end?

Some further internet searching has answered my questions here:

Obviously His Child/Henry Hills believes that Barack Obama is the antichrist and that his full name, through some creative arbitrary convolution fulfills the 666 ‘number of his name’ claim. Wow!!! to say the least. (Hear these (what I consider) unbiblical teachings and much more in this radio interview ca. 37:20ff. (See also this one). The convoluted conjecture of a supposed reversed Alpha and Omega to make Presidents Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II be four kings of Daniel is really creative!

-By the way the link to the Youtube clip was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBxmDkhOXNE

For “distinguishing” clarification, my understanding of the possible refulfillment of prophecies involved a spiritual deepening/involvement of the prior literal fulfillments and not to an complete new and distinct identification. That first occurred between the Local Fulfillments and then the Historical ones, and now with Historical Ones and the current and future Eschatological Ones.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #133575
05/19/11 10:38 PM
05/19/11 10:38 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is my understanding that the time prophecies do not have a dual application and are also not conditional prophecies.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Daryl] #133592
05/20/11 11:52 AM
05/20/11 11:52 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
It is my understanding that the time prophecies do not have a dual application and are also not conditional prophecies.

As I see it, it is only the time element parts of a prophecy that cannot have a post 1844 application, however I see that they could have been literally, i.e., non-symbolically, fulfilled prior to the Historical ages for God’s New Covenant Israel. (ca. 90 A.D. to 1844 A.D.)

And as I also see it, any prophecies that can be fulfilled it conditional on the response on the ground which is actually needed to fulfill it. E.g. as seen with the calling refusals of God’s initial SOP “elections” Hazen Foss, then William Foy, if William Miller and then others had refused to peach the Second Advent Message, it would have been frustrated, and that because no one would actually have believed in it. But God expects on having, at the very least, a faithful remnant, even if He has to use a more striking “sign”, (e.g., vs. Millers’ immediate prayer answering, sermon preaching request), and make a relatively justified personal appearance to call a person, as God sovereignly can. (Yet I theologically understand that this is not with its GC price as when/if God does this, then the Devil is entitled to using a similarly more striking method to influence people to be his agent of deception in the world.)

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #133595
05/20/11 02:17 PM
05/20/11 02:17 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
In the prophecy of Jerusalem's destruction Christ said, "Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." This prophecy will again be fulfilled. The abounding iniquity of that day finds its counterpart in this generation. So with the prediction in regard to the preaching of the gospel. Before the fall of Jerusalem, Paul, writing by the Holy Spirit, declared that the gospel was preached to "every creature which is under heaven." Colossians 1:23. So now, before the coming of the Son of man, the everlasting gospel is to be preached "to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people." Revelation 14:6, 14. God "hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world." Acts 17:31. Christ tells us when that day shall be ushered in. He does not say that all the world will be converted, but that "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God. 2 Peter 3:12, margin. Had the church of Christ done her appointed work as the Lord ordained, the whole world would before this have been warned, and the Lord Jesus would have come to our earth in power and great glory. {DA 633.3}

The Saviour's prophecy concerning the visitation of judgments upon Jerusalem is to have another fulfillment, of which that terrible scene was but a faint shadow. The second advent of the Son of God is foretold by lips which make no mistake: "Then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." [Matthew 24:30, 31.] Then shall they that obey not the gospel be consumed with the spirit of his mouth, and destroyed with the brightness of his coming. [2 Thessalonians 2:8.] {4SP 37.1}

These lessons are for our benefit. We need to stay our faith upon God, for there is just before us a time that will try men's souls. Christ, upon the Mount of Olives, rehearsed the fearful judgments that were to precede His second coming: "Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars." "Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows." While these prophecies received a partial fulfillment at the destruction of Jerusalem, they have a more direct application to the last days. {5T 753.1}

The prophecy of the destruction of Jerusalem was a time prophecy first given by Ezekiel and reiterated by Jesus Himself. As a time prophecy, Ellen White recognizes a dual fulfillment of it for the time of Jerusalem's visitation in 70 AD and for our time.

If dual fulfillments are shown to occur for one prophecy, such as this one, how can one make a blanket statement regarding all time prophecies that they cannot have dual fulfillment?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Green Cochoa] #133604
05/20/11 04:54 PM
05/20/11 04:54 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GC, did Ellen say Ezekiel recorded a time prophecy that pin-pointed the day Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD?

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Mountain Man] #133611
05/20/11 08:32 PM
05/20/11 08:32 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
GC, did Ellen say Ezekiel recorded a time prophecy that pin-pointed the day Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD?
No, she sure didn't. She said absolutely nothing about the prophecy, except to use the day-for-year formula out of it for other prophecies in the Book.

But then, if you wish to reject Ezekiel's prophecy, we still have that of Jesus Himself. (And Ellen White DOES comment on that one.)

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Green Cochoa] #133617
05/20/11 09:27 PM
05/20/11 09:27 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
But then, if you wish to reject Ezekiel's prophecy, we still have that of Jesus Himself.

As far as I know, Jesus didn't say when this would happen, either.

Page 13 of 35 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 34 35

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!