HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 32 of 35 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #134697
06/24/11 11:17 PM
06/24/11 11:17 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: His child

The health message is a wedge that opens people to the gospel.

Yes, but my question was more. The answer did not give me any meaning other than what I've heard repeated. Maybe instead of "What part do you see", I should have asked, "How" do you see the health message playing in the loud cry or anything else in the end time message or events?

I have also read that those that do not overcome appetite will not be prepared when Jesus comes.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: glenm] #134698
06/24/11 11:22 PM
06/24/11 11:22 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Be sure the Sabbath is a test question, and how you treat this question places you either on God's side or Satan's side. The mark of the beast is to be presented in some shape to every institution and every individual. . . . {3SM 395.4}

The light that we have upon the third angel’s message is the true light. The mark of the beast is exactly what it has been proclaimed to be. All in regard to this matter is not yet understood, and will not be understood until the unrolling of the scroll, but a most solemn work is to be accomplished in our world. The Lord’s command to His servants is “Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.” {CTr 350.4}

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #134721
06/25/11 05:59 PM
06/25/11 05:59 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
(His child, You may want to address this post (#134719) related to your “Mark of the Beast” quotings above in this thread.)

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: glenm] #134773
06/27/11 11:07 AM
06/27/11 11:07 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: glenm
I've been thinking about whether there's a way to tie down further who the two witnesses really are.
. . .So if we follow this model, the two witnesses are Moses and Elijah, or the Old and New Testaments, or the law and gospel. These are three ways of saying the same thing.

> . . My understanding is that two witnesses ultimately represent people proclaiming the three angels' messages, especially the last part of Revelation 14:12. In other words, we proclaim a message about honoring God's law through the power of Christ in our lives.

I agree. Another point is that Ellen White states somewhere (maybe someone can find the quote), that the Bible will become a forbidden book again like it was during the dark ages. The retreat of the Two Witnesses into the wilderness or their being slain at the end of their testimony may also be symbolic of the banning of scripture. In other words if the Two Witnesses represent both the remnant and the scriptures, their retreat to the wilderness and slaying could have a double meaning: in the case of God's people the retreat could mean a national Sunday law and their slaying could mean a universal extermination order; in the case of the scripture their retreat could mean a partial ban and their slaying could mean a total ban.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #134787
06/27/11 07:50 PM
06/27/11 07:50 PM
G
glenm  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018
Posting New Member
Colorado, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Another point is that Ellen White states somewhere (maybe someone can find the quote), that the Bible will become a forbidden book again like it was during the dark ages. The retreat of the Two Witnesses into the wilderness or their being slain at the end of their testimony may also be symbolic of the banning of scripture. In other words if the Two Witnesses represent both the remnant and the scriptures, their retreat to the wilderness and slaying could have a double meaning: in the case of God's people the retreat could mean a national Sunday law and their slaying could mean a universal extermination order; in the case of the scripture their retreat could mean a partial ban and their slaying could mean a total ban.

The quotes that I know of re the Bible being taken away in the future are below.

One suggestion here might be to take a hard look at the word "scatter" in Daniel 12:7, and ask what this really means for God's people. Modern translations use the stronger "shatter", and the same Hebrew word shows up in verses like Judges 7:19 and Jeremiah 13:14.

Another line of study would be to look at what EGW says about the universal death decree. An example is found on PK 512.

It might be possible to correlate this information with the Revelation 11 sequence, as you suggest.

Quote:
Put away the foolish reading matter and study the Word of God. Commit its precious promises to memory so that when we shall be deprived of our Bibles we may still be in possession of the Word of God. {10MR 298.3}

Quote:
The time will come when many will be deprived of the written word. But if this word is printed in the memory, no one can take it from us; and it is a talisman that will meet the worst forms of error and evil. {20MR 64.4}

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #134797
06/27/11 09:24 PM
06/27/11 09:24 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
I agree. Another point is that Ellen White states somewhere (maybe someone can find the quote), that the Bible will become a forbidden book again like it was during the dark ages. The retreat of the Two Witnesses into the wilderness or their being slain at the end of their testimony may also be symbolic of the banning of scripture. In other words if the Two Witnesses represent both the remnant and the scriptures, their retreat to the wilderness and slaying could have a double meaning: in the case of God's people the retreat could mean a national Sunday law and their slaying could mean a universal extermination order; in the case of the scripture their retreat could mean a partial ban and their slaying could mean a total ban.

I think that you (Mark) and glenm’s interpretation of this prophecy is too partitioned. I.e., you are only looking at some parts of the prophecy in this indeed refulfillement and not at it as a whole. If you just take a verse here or there, or even just part of a verse, then you can claim just about any interpretation. The prophecy must be view as the whole that it is.

Having done this, I rather see, indeed based upon many included elements in the prophecy, which are, at the very least, spiritually corroborated in the SOP (as this was not a Present Truth for EGW and her time) (see this post) that the interlude vision/prophecy of the Two Witnesses is focused upon a precursor judgement of the Church, pointedly the (Jerusalem of God) and its leadership itself. That is why the “Gentiles” are left out of this judgement (Rev 11:2). However, like a similar judgement of Jerusalem in 70 A.D., this impactful judgement spills out into the rest of the secular world. (Rev 11:10).

In this eschatological age, this is (a) the SDA Church among all of the Christian world (God’s Israel) and (b) the Church’s leadership above the laity (cf. here). Once this Temple has been judged and set right, ‘those who remain and give glory to God upon this judgement’ (=vs. 13b; cf. Rev 14:6) are then ready to proclaim the three Angels’ Message to the rest of the world, including the Christian World.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #134798
06/27/11 10:07 PM
06/27/11 10:07 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
By the way, as it is pertinent to the Two Witnesses here, Elijah is said in the SOP to be (as easily seen): “the greatest prophet since the days of Moses” (PK 224.1).

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #134816
06/28/11 04:01 PM
06/28/11 04:01 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland

The health message is a wedge that opens people to the gospel.

Yes, but my question was more. The answer did not give me any meaning other than what I've heard repeated. Maybe instead of "What part do you see", I should have asked, "How" do you see the health message playing in the loud cry or anything else in the end time message or events?

I have also read that those that do not overcome appetite will not be prepared when Jesus comes.
Ok, let me ask it a different way. In what way does the health message play in your message? If people who don't overcome appetite will not be prepared, and your books are to prepare the people, what part does the health message play in your books in preparing the people in addition to any other message?

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: glenm] #134835
06/29/11 11:22 AM
06/29/11 11:22 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: glenm

The quotes that I know of re the Bible being taken away in the future are below.

One suggestion here might be to take a hard look at the word "scatter" in Daniel 12:7, and ask what this really means for God's people. Modern translations use the stronger "shatter", and the same Hebrew word shows up in verses like Judges 7:19 and Jeremiah 13:14.

Another line of study would be to look at what EGW says about the universal death decree. An example is found on PK 512.

It might be possible to correlate this information with the Revelation 11 sequence, as you suggest.

Quote:
Put away the foolish reading matter and study the Word of God. Commit its precious promises to memory so that when we shall be deprived of our Bibles we may still be in possession of the Word of God. {10MR 298.3}

Quote:
The time will come when many will be deprived of the written word. But if this word is printed in the memory, no one can take it from us; and it is a talisman that will meet the worst forms of error and evil. {20MR 64.4}
Good suggestions.

The thing that troubled me about interpreting the Two Witnesses as the remnant only is that they are slain and we know that the final group is translated rather than slain. But if the Two Witnesses are also the scripture then their being banned would be a symbolic fulfillment of the scripture effectively being slain.

Your point is well taken though that the shattering of the holy people in Daniel 12 could be the primary application/interpretation here in Revelation 11. That is, the number of martyrs could far outweigh the number of those who survive and/or the action of the nations in imposing the death decree will in itself be a repudiation of the Law, the covenant and scripture.

NJK, I'm agreeing that the Two Witnesses measure the church and that the gentiles aren't measured. But because the elements within Revelation 11 line up with Daniel 12 and this "woe" occurs just prior to second coming and reign of Christ in Revelation 11:15 and because of other scriptures that align with Revelation 11, this measuring is the final call to the remnant just prior to the return of Christ. Scriptural evidence points to this as the Loud Cry under a different figure.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #134837
06/29/11 01:05 PM
06/29/11 01:05 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
NJK, I'm agreeing that the Two Witnesses measure the church and that the gentiles aren't measured. But because the elements within Revelation 11 line up with Daniel 12 and this "woe" occurs just prior to second coming and reign of Christ in Revelation 11:15 and because of other scriptures that align with Revelation 11, this measuring is the final call to the remnant just prior to the return of Christ. Scriptural evidence points to this as the Loud Cry under a different figure.

Interesting points, however this is where things are not as “simple” as they should seem to be.

(1) As discussed in my blog post on this prophecy, Rev 11 makes mentions to a “42 months” period. While this is one of several ways to express the 1260-day period, it has pointed understanding due to this different way than Dan 12:7's rendering. It links this to Rev 13:5's period and the thematic understanding there is the First Beast power having authority to act in defiance to God and opposition to God’s people for that time. However the pointed notion of shattering or killing the saints is not discussed there. The main issue here is ‘the waging of (the more general and formal) war against the First Beast power (Rev 12:4) (and not persecutions) and as linked to in Rev 11:2, involving God’s holy city e.g., “Jerusalem”.

Rev 11:3 “1260 days” itself links up to Rev 12:6 fulfilled where this is speaking of God protecting His actual True Church, in a place that had been prepared for her for this, during that time.

The simple shift between 42 months and 1260 days in Rev 11:2, 3 is quite telling that there indeed is a deliberate and specific meaning in the use of those times. Using Dan 7:25 & 12:7's ‘time, times and half a time’ would be pointedly implying the distinct aspect of physical and personal persecutions.

2) The organizational structure of the book of Revelation (see this chart)has to be kept in mind here, especially in the Time of the End (Eschatological times) vs. the Historical Times. It shows that Rev 11:1-14 does not necessarily have to be linearly followed by the (literal) blasting of the 7th Trumpet in Rev 11:15-18. A Spiritual fulfillment is likely, however, as it was also discussed in this blog post; EGW’s Shaking vision involves all of the visions in an horizontal “Remnant Church” cross section of the prophecies where the Two Witnesses are found. So the actual “next development” is the re-proclaiming of the Three Angels message by the remnant group that survives this Rev 11 judgement. As I read things, this 3AM proclamation is made with more Biblical depth and accuracy than previously done by the SDA Church, for all 3 Messages. The Loud Cry (Rev 18:1-20) only occurs in 2 more developments, after opposers of this new and more tangibly affecting 3AM campaign have formal assembled and organized themselves (Rev 16:15, 16).

So this structural/organizational element for the book of Revelation is key here.

Page 32 of 35 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!