HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Elle] #137419
11/10/11 07:06 AM
11/10/11 07:06 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Originally Posted By: Elle
I do not doubt that the devil, Satan had fallen before the incidence of the tree of knowledge. We both agree on that one.

Nice to have at least one common ground point to start with.

Originally Posted By: dedication
That old serpent, the devil, who was cast out of heaven with his angels was at the tree deceiving Eve.

Be careful, your scriptures provided above does not say nor suggest that they were cast out of heaven before the tree of knowledge. You are adding to scripture.

So you are saying that Satan continued to live in heaven after his fall?
He continued to live in heaven after having tempted Eve to sin and started the entire human race on the horrendous track of sin and suffering?

Somehow that does not sound right to me.

2 Cor. 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial?

That doesn't sound like satan would have continued in heaven after his fall.

Yes, I believe the war IN HEAVEN took place prior to Adam and Eve's creation.

i) Concerning the timing of the war mentioned in Rev 12:7-9, it is mention in Daniel 10:12,13,20,21 that there were a war going on at that time. Is it the same war referring in Rev 12:7-9???

I don't see the war in Daniel 10 as being in heaven.
Daniel 10 gives us a behind the scene look at what happens here on earth between the forces of evil and God's angels.
Notice it was over the king of Persia.

Satan's angels were trying to get the king to do something evil, while God's angels were countering them

God's angels ever put a check on the evil that fallen angels try to get people and national leaders to do.

ii) I do not understand the dimension of angels vs. earth affairs regarding spiritual warfare. For sure Paul told us very clearly in Eph 6:12 that the war is not against “flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in heavenly places.” In Daniel 10 it seems to indicate that what happens in heaven is highly connected with the affairs on earth.

I don't understand it all either, but I do know there is severe battle going on over every person pertaining to their salvation. So again I don't see this as a war in heaven but a continual war over the souls of people here on earth.
The phrase "heavenly places" = the word "places" is added, it's not in the original, and the word "heavenly" can mean 1)our atmosphere, 2) the universe 3) heaven.

Satan is also depicted by Paul, as the prince of the power of the air
Ephesians 2:2
These malevolent spirits work evil and mischief and operate in our atmosphere, trying to deceive and destroy everyone of us.

Quote:
iii) We also know that in the time of Job, Satan could go to heaven and present himself. So to me, that strongly suggest that he were not yet cast out.

But he wasn't living in heaven -- he was roaming to and fro on this earth.
The text doesn't even say the meeting was in heaven. Just that they all come to present themselves before the Lord.

Originally Posted By: elle
iv) In Jude, it says that they had left their abode, but that doesn’t mean that they were yet cast out.

It's true, Jude doesn't give a time frame.
Just refers to the past event.

However the word "abode" isn't really the best translation.
The word "archē" means 1)beginning 2) origin 3) first position 4)what they began as

They left the position God had created them to fulfill.

{quote=Elle]v) I do know that there are many battles within a war. And a war can take place over a long period of time. So this war mentioned in Rev 12:7-9 may not be over. Is it a battle within the big war??? I do not know since I really haven’t studied this.[/quote]

The war isn't over, I agree.
But yes, I believe Rev. 12 also refers to the initial battle when Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven.

It also refers to the battle at the cross.
When Satan killed the Son of God it sealed his defeat.

When Eve (the first representation of the woman) was given the promise -- one of your offspring (your seed) will bruise the head of the serpent (dragon). It was a promise that Christ, at the cross, would defeat satan.

Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven before creation, but that was merely a physical defeat ending his residence in heaven. His real defeat was sealed at the cross. However the battle isn't over, the final end comes when satan is destroyed.

Originally Posted By: elle
vii) Also there’s this question of authority in this warfare. Christ was given “authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.John 5:26,27). From what I’m starting to understand, this authority was given to Adam which were past down the line. With this authority, it seems that man had some ability or position to judge the angels that are part of this spiritual warfare by which has its effect on earth. I do not know how much man was aware of this dimension and thus be able to use this authority effectively in the time of the patriarch and before Jesus came. But once this authority was past down to Jesus, He knew what to do with it and finally He could, as a son of man, use it. Maybe that’s how and when Satan and the fallen angels were cast out of heaven???

The authority of Jesus was given Him by God.

Adam had authority but he lost it when he sinned. Satan claimed that authority over the earth for himself.

Of course the true authority always is in God's hands. And it is only through the power of God that mankind can withstand the fallen angels. And yes, scripture does say
1 Cor. 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels?
But that is future tense, not present tense.

It is only in the name of Jesus that anyone can withstand the forces of evil angels. We have no authority in and of ourselves that can withstand them.

Jesus is our defender and strength

I like how James writes it in envelope fashion:

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

God before us, and behind us, His presense all around --

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Elle] #137425
11/10/11 12:52 PM
11/10/11 12:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Elle, why do you hyphenate God?

Quote:
k: Could good angels sin before they "fell"?

E: Fallen and being cast out of heaven is two different things. Man has fallen and we're not cast out of the earth.

So what was the meaning of saying:
Quote:
Now Dedication, may I see your Biblical texts to support that the angels fell before man was created.
Do you believe the angels fell or did not fell before man was created?

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: kland] #137492
11/14/11 03:50 PM
11/14/11 03:50 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Elle, here's an article in the Review which should answer your questions. I think the author did a good job and it includes the sons of God in Job.
http://www.adventistreview.org/article.php?id=4544

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Daryl] #137615
11/20/11 08:15 PM
11/20/11 08:15 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Here is another relevant and more enlightening EGW quote:
Quote:
Every species of animals which God had created was preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood, there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men. {1SP 78.2}
This obviously took place after the flood resulting in an almost endless species of animals and affecting certain races of men.

What this means is something I do not know yet.

Does anybody have any thoughts regarding this?

Did you arrive at any consensus on this? What's your thinking now Daryl?

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: kland] #138044
12/10/11 08:48 AM
12/10/11 08:48 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Elle, here's an article in the Review which should answer your questions. I think the author did a good job and it includes the sons of God in Job.

Gee, Kland, you think the author did a good job to prove that where the Bible says "sons of God" in OT(mainly making reference of Job references) it means human beings from another planet???

That article is a pretty good desperate attempt to prove that EGW writing's is correct saying their is people in other planets. Let's face it, that's something that we totally cannot prove from the Bible.

I have checked all of the writer's proof text. And he has no proof at all, just a bunch of speculations and false assumptions to lay some form of foundation to make his proof.

So if we accept this unfounded speculation, then to be consistent Gen 6:2 where men from another planet taking Adams daughters for wives.

Well this article would make happy those who believe in aliens and seeking any type of Biblical proof to support their belief.

Blessings
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Elle] #138051
12/10/11 04:56 PM
12/10/11 04:56 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Gee, Kland, you think the author did a good job to prove that where the Bible says "sons of God" in OT(mainly making reference of Job references) it means human beings from another planet???

I have not been following this discussion, but we can exam the term "sons of God" in the Bible.

In Gen. 6:2, 4, although some say that the expression "sons of God" refers to angels, they are entirely mistaken, because angels do not marry (Mark 12:25). So here the expression must refer to human beings.
However, in Job 1:6; 2:1 it obviously can't refer to human beings. It could refer to angels, but since the angels are always in the presence of God, would it make sense to say that they "came to present themselves before the Lord"? Perhaps, but the expression could refer to other beings besides men and angels. No, it's not possible to prove from the Bible that there are inhabitants in other worlds, but it's a view which is not ruled out by the Bible, either.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Rosangela] #138084
12/12/11 05:04 PM
12/12/11 05:04 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Thanks, Rosangela.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Rosangela] #138241
12/19/11 01:52 PM
12/19/11 01:52 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I always also used this to imply that there are unfallen beings living on other planets.

Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:

I have not been following this discussion, but we can exam the term "sons of God" in the Bible.

In Gen. 6:2, 4, although some say that the expression "sons of God" refers to angels, they are entirely mistaken, because angels do not marry (Mark 12:25). So here the expression must refer to human beings.
However, in Job 1:6; 2:1 it obviously can't refer to human beings. It could refer to angels, but since the angels are always in the presence of God, would it make sense to say that they "came to present themselves before the Lord"? Perhaps, but the expression could refer to other beings besides men and angels. No, it's not possible to prove from the Bible that there are inhabitants in other worlds, but it's a view which is not ruled out by the Bible, either.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Charity] #138242
12/19/11 01:54 PM
12/19/11 01:54 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Need to first read all the posts since I posted that before attempting to anser your question, Mark.

Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Here is another relevant and more enlightening EGW quote:
Quote:
Every species of animals which God had created was preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood, there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men. {1SP 78.2}
This obviously took place after the flood resulting in an almost endless species of animals and affecting certain races of men.

What this means is something I do not know yet.

Does anybody have any thoughts regarding this?

Did you arrive at any consensus on this? What's your thinking now Daryl?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: kland] #138322
12/22/11 12:11 PM
12/22/11 12:11 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: kland

That article concludes with

Quote:

The Sum of the Matter Is . . .
Let’s bring all the arguments together. In the New Testament “sons of God” refer to: (a) Jesus; (b) believers; (c) glorified believers. Indeed, true sonship is not achieved until after the resurrection. In the Old Testament “sons of God” refers to: (a) the king as a type of the Messiah; (b) believers; (c) a class of heavenly beings, distinct from angels, who appear to live afar from the throne of God, but who visit on a regular basis for worship and heavenly councils.

There is more than one context for the term "Sons of God" in the Bible. So in Gen 6 the fact that it is the "unequally yoked" problem whereby the "salt of the earth" has lost its savor - is not at all hard to see.

in Christ,

Bob

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!