HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Rosangela] #135469
07/30/11 08:50 PM
07/30/11 08:50 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Quote:
NJK: Why would light skin people (and most likely equally, if not much more fully clothed than those in our day) today be able to “better tolerate” the sunlight??

R: You yourself pointed out that our lifestyle is now much more sun-sheltered than it was then.

In regards to what actually addresses the issue, I am seeing that my view and yours are being confused here. You are claiming they migrated to a place where their already altered skin color would be better for them. I am saying their skin color was altered after this migration move, according to their common language and to avoid conflicts with other people.

On the other side issue, I am saying that people back then were probably more fully clothed (wearing full robes - both men and women) than (liberal) people today. So the sun then would not affect them more than it would today. And given their better overall health, they probably could better tolerate it than today. So with both of these factors taken into consideration, if people should be running to a climate that their skin color tolerates, it should e.g, be light skin people running away from sunny climates (e.g., light skin Floridians, Souther Californians, Arizonians, etc indeed the whole U.S. Southern region coast to coast). I lived in Florida, in your above example city Miami for 7 years and I now as a fact that it is indeed constantly above the U.S. average Sunny, with really only rain breaking up this abundant sun dose.

And really, what do you mean exactly by “tolerant”. As far as I know damaging and painful surface sunburns can almost equally occur to person of any shade of skin color. Only the damage by skin penetrating UV rays is what is varyingly blocked by skin color.

Quote:
NJK: Also my view is that all people were tanned to start with and those after the flood who went to live in climates with less sun became gradually then “genetically permanently” lighter over their 400+ year life while the opposite occurred for people living in tropical and “uncovered” places, particularly with those who wore very little clothes.

R: What do you mean is that acquired characteristics can be passed on genetically?

If I get your question accurately, I am saying that the genetic control of skin color itself/alone may be the only thing that can be externally affected in order to adequately protect again this UV variation. And that recoding can indeed be passed on their (immediate) offspring. However a lot of constant exposure time by a single person is the key requirement for that genetic recoding.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: NJK Project] #135472
07/30/11 11:12 PM
07/30/11 11:12 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
So with both of these factors taken into consideration, if people should be running to a climate that their skin color tolerates, it should e.g, be light skin people running away from sunny climates

People today don't need to run from sunny climates. They have sunscreens. They have cars to take them to places, and most of them work indoors. Most men don't have to till the ground. Most men don't have to care for sheep or cattle herds. Women don't have to wash clothes in the river. And so on. Obviously there are much less exposure to the sun rays. Even so, in Brazil (which began to be colonized in 1500) we see that people with lighter skins (mostly from German descent) are located in the colder climate regions (the shouthern part of the country and mountain regions). Regions at or near the Equator (the northern part of the country) are populated by people with a darker skin (European + American Indian or European + African descent). This is clearly perceptible.

Quote:
And really, what do you mean exactly by “tolerant”. As far as I know damaging and painful surface sunburns can almost equally occur to person of any shade of skin color. Only the damage by skin penetrating UV rays is what is varyingly blocked by skin color.

Almost equally?

Quote:
Skin Type I Burns easily and rarely tans. These people most likely have bright white skin, blue or green eyes and freckles, which usually reveals an English, Irish or Scottish heritage. People with Type 1 skin should not tan indoors or outdoors. Their skin is unable to produce significant amounts of melanin to protect them from sunburns that can lead to skin damage.
Skin Type II Can tan, but still susceptible to sunburn. Common traits include brown or blue eyes, red or blond hair and freckles. Heritage usually is English, Scottish or Scandanavian. Type II tanners should be cautious and take any precautions to avoid sunburn.
Skin Type III Tans easily, but still susceptible to moderate sunburns. The most common skin type in America. These people often have brown eyes, dark hair and Central European heritage.
Skin Type IV Tans easily and almost never burns. These people often have dark eyes, dark hair and Mediterranean, Oriental or Hispanic heritage.
Skin Type V Rarely burns and tans easily. These people have dark hair and eyes and are of Indian, American Indian, Hispanic or African descent.
Skin Type VI Can tan despite their black skin. Never sunburns. They usually have dark hair and are Africans, African-American or Aborigines.

http://www.maya-tan.com/skintypes.html

Obviously the tolerance is much higher for some skins than for others.

Quote:
If I get your question accurately, I am saying that the genetic control of skin color itself/alone may be the only thing that can be externally affected in order to adequately protect again this UV variation. And that recoding can indeed be passed on their (immediate) offspring. However a lot of constant exposure time by a single person is the key requirement for that genetic recoding.

Where is the scientific basis for this claim? There are indeed some who claim that some acquired characteristics can be transmitted to offspring. However, if this happens at all, it happens within the average modern lifespan; it doesn't require hundreds of years.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: NJK Project] #135473
07/31/11 12:34 AM
07/31/11 12:34 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
How many generations would it take for "whites" to evolve into "blacks," given a hot, sunny environment?

According to my hypothesis: one from a 430+ year, 12-16 hours per day, tropical, unhindered suntanning.

This is absolutely silly. I don't know how a dead person can pass on his genes. For that matter, I don't see how a 430-year old, still-alive person can then give his genes to his 400-year old son.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Rosangela] #135475
07/31/11 02:12 AM
07/31/11 02:12 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec

Originally Posted By: Rosangela
People today don't need to run from sunny climates. They have sunscreens. They have cars to take them to places, and most of them work indoors. Most men don't have to till the ground. Most men don't have to care for sheep or cattle herds. Women don't have to wash clothes in the river. And so on.

Sure we have different “remedies” and a sheltered lifestyle, but I e.g., still see that people today are, for recently accepted cultural reasons, probably less sun shieldingly dress than many others in the past and that would greatly affect how much constant/consistent sun exposure they get. And all of this non-slave, “household” work would have been done in the past by mostly fully robe-clothed people, only rolling up the bottom of their robe when necessary and probably, in moral groups, when amongst the same gender.

Also, people rarely wear sunscreen except when they plan to lie in the sun for a while.

Obviously there are much less exposure to the sun rays. Even so, in Brazil (which began to be colonized in 1500) we see that people with lighter skins (mostly from German descent) are located in the colder climate regions (the shouthern part of the country and mountain regions). Regions at or near the Equator (the northern part of the country) are populated by people with a darker skin (European + Indian or European + African descent). This is clearly perceptible.

This is where I would like to know what exactly you understand by “toleration”. Is it, as the data below involves, to avoid sunburns? In that case it that would make sense for them to be migrating elsewhere. However is this only a, relatively, recent (i.e., sometime around and/or into the A.D. era) development. Again the longevity (=health) factor of those living 400+ years needs to be taken into full consideration and this toleration may have become gradually less and less over time, indeed as men’s longevity lessened (=healthiness decreased)

So if my ‘tanning genetic alteration’ hypothesis is valid, “toleration” would not have been the, at least initiating reason for migration destination selections, indeed those skin color changes would have come after those migrations.

Quote:
Quote:
NJK: And really, what do you mean exactly by “tolerant”. As far as I know damaging and painful surface sunburns can almost equally occur to person of any shade of skin color. Only the damage by skin penetrating UV rays is what is varyingly blocked by skin color.

R: Almost equally?

Quote:
Skin Type I Burns easily and rarely tans. These people most likely have bright white skin, blue or green eyes and freckles, which usually reveals an English, Irish or Scottish heritage. People with Type 1 skin should not tan indoors or outdoors. Their skin is unable to produce significant amounts of melanin to protect them from sunburns that can lead to skin damage.
Skin Type II Can tan, but still susceptible to sunburn. Common traits include brown or blue eyes, red or blond hair and freckles. Heritage usually is English, Scottish or Scandanavian. Type II tanners should be cautious and take any precautions to avoid sunburn.
Skin Type III Tans easily, but still susceptible to moderate sunburns. The most common skin type in America. These people often have brown eyes, dark hair and Central European heritage.
Skin Type IV Tans easily and almost never burns. These people often have dark eyes, dark hair and Mediterranean, Oriental or Hispanic heritage.
Skin Type V Rarely burns and tans easily. These people have dark hair and eyes and are of Indian, American Indian, Hispanic or African descent.
Skin Type VI Can tan despite their black skin. Never sunburns. They usually have dark hair and are Africans, African-American or Aborigines.

http://www.maya-tan.com/skintypes.html

Obviously the tolerance is much higher for some skins than for others.

Those statistics probably do support your claim in regards to skin color toleration capabilities. I was just informally going by experiential observations were I, particularly in my first sun exposed outing in the Spring time (e.g., a walk or just mowing the lawn) after the long and shielded winter season here in Quebec, Canada, personally can quickly get a sudden blackened blotch on uncovered skin areas (forearms, even forehead, above my sunglasses line).

I also based it on the often and common, particularly lately, (based on apparently some new scientific observations), emphatically said caution that ‘even dark skinned people need to wear sun screen/block when prolongedly out in the sun.’

Quote:
NJK: If I get your question accurately, I am saying that the genetic control of skin color itself/alone may be the only thing that can be externally affected in order to adequately protect again this UV variation. And that recoding can indeed be passed on their (immediate) offspring. However a lot of constant exposure time by a single person is the key requirement for that genetic recoding.

R: Where is the scientific basis for this claim? There are indeed some who claim that some acquired characteristics can be transmitted to offspring. However, if this happens at all, it happens within the average modern lifespan; it doesn't require hundreds of years.

The study/research of the science of skin genes, especially as they relate to tanning would be in order here, but I don’t presently have various the needed resources for this undertaking. Its time for gene alteration could take a longer while.

The whole study of how lifestyle and other internally “ingested/processed” external affect one’s DNA coding would also be in order here. APL’s seemingly Biblically/Scientifically valid comments above in regards to the hereditary passing on of sin tendencies seems to me to be along this line. Nonetheless sun UV exposure clearly know to begin a biological bodily reaction and DNA affectation, so to me that is a most significant difference to any other such affectations, if they are scientifically true.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Green Cochoa] #135476
07/31/11 02:15 AM
07/31/11 02:15 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
How many generations would it take for "whites" to evolve into "blacks," given a hot, sunny environment?

According to my hypothesis: one from a 430+ year, 12-16 hours per day, tropical, unhindered suntanning.

This is absolutely silly. I don't know how a dead person can pass on his genes. For that matter, I don't see how a 430-year old, still-alive person can then give his genes to his 400-year old son.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Of course, I never said anything at all about either ‘passing on gene (a) after one is dead nor (b) non-sexually’; but of course you typically need to go on to make such “straw man” and red herring circular arguments.

The offspring passing on would of course have to be at some point before they died. So e.g, they, as men could, especially with non-God fearing people who slept around and/or had many wives, could have a son or daughter e.g, 5 years before their final 438th year birthday. As the line of the more than less (God-fearing) Semitic Hebrews through Abraham remained in one ca. original Middle East Region, the did not have striking skin-color variations amongst them.

I don’t know what the genetic change age/time would be, but it quite plausible could be around 100 which is plenty of time to continue to have ‘many more sons and daughters past a first’ (cf. Gen 11:10ff) and since a while, just a little after Moses’ generation (120 years), people have ceased to live into their hundreds, indeed settling around 70-80 as noted by David (Psa 90:10).

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Rosangela] #135501
08/01/11 04:31 PM
08/01/11 04:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
Not much? Could you give some quantitative comparisons?

This is from 2009, but it will do for purposes of comparison:
Well that sure surprised me. For some reason I thought the poles would have high UV.

Quote:

Quote:
Huh? Why would it be "natural" for lighter skinned people to seek colder climates?

Because, of course, the lighter your skin the less tolerance you'll have for sun exposure.
Along the same line of reasoning, would that mean that blind cave fish sought out dark areas because they were blind?

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: kland] #135503
08/01/11 05:34 PM
08/01/11 05:34 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Well that sure surprised me. For some reason I thought the poles would have high UV.

The explanation:

The three images above illustrate how a change in angle between the sun and the Earth’s surface affect the intensity of sunlight (and UV-B) on the surface. When the sun is directly overhead, forming a 90° angle with the surface, sunlight is spread over the minimum area. Also, the light only has to pass through the atmosphere directly above the surface. An increased angle between the sun and the surface—due to latitude, time of day, and season—spreads the same amount of energy over a wider area, and the sunlight passes through more atmosphere, diffusing the light. Therefore, UV-B radiation is stronger at the equator than the poles, stronger at noon than evening, and stronger in summer than winter. (Illustration by Robert Simmon)
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/UVB/uvb_radiation3.php

Quote:
Along the same line of reasoning, would that mean that blind cave fish sought out dark areas because they were blind?

That was funny. smile
No, this is an entirely different case. It's a case of loss of information (microevolution), and natural selection has perpetuated the dominance of this characteristic in its offspring. But blind Cavefish can produce sighted offspring.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Rosangela] #135524
08/02/11 05:20 PM
08/02/11 05:20 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Yes, but there is also the issue of blockage which I thought was less at the poles.

Why is it a different case with the fish? I believe NJK and I were trying to say that white people have lost information. Why do you think it is a different case?

By the way, dominance of loss, seems rather conflicting to me. Maybe I'm trying to relate it to dominate genes.

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: kland] #135529
08/02/11 07:59 PM
08/02/11 07:59 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Why is it a different case with the fish? I believe NJK and I were trying to say that white people have lost information. Why do you think it is a different case?

Do you think that white skin is a loss of information? What was the original color? Black, yellow or red? And if white is a loss of information, how did the other two colors (except white and the initial color) originate?

Re: Ellen White & Amalgamation of Man and Beast [Re: Rosangela] #135544
08/04/11 01:17 PM
08/04/11 01:17 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:

Do you think that white skin is a loss of information?
Yes, that's what we've been saying.

Quote:
What was the original color? Black, yellow or red?
A mix of colors. All colors.

Quote:
And if white is a loss of information, how did the other two colors (except white and the initial color) originate?
Huh? They were not lost.
That seemed like an odd question.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!