HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 83 of 119 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 118 119
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184159
06/18/17 09:25 AM
06/18/17 09:25 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: Elle
My commment : I have 3 recent articles about ISIS (aka ISIL, Daesh, Al Queada) with the collaboration of the US

If anything, it would appear the U.S. is annihilating civilians — and not much else.

"The plans of the US and NATO is to turn Afghanistan into a springboard from which it is easy to carry out attacks by Daesh on Russia and China," Mollazehi concluded.

These "articles" are not proof. They are allegations and opinions.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: The Wanderer] #184161
06/18/17 03:29 PM
06/18/17 03:29 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer
My commment : I have 3 recent articles about ISIS (aka ISIL, Daesh, Al Queada) with the collaboration of the US

If anything, it would appear the U.S. is annihilating civilians — and not much else.

"The plans of the US and NATO is to turn Afghanistan into a springboard from which it is easy to carry out attacks by Daesh on Russia and China," Mollazehi concluded.

These "articles" are not proof. They are allegations and opinions.

???
Originally Posted By: The Raqqa article

The quote above comes from the first article and not my statement. Please properly quote your source to avoid confusion. I'm sorry but I don't have time to deal with individuals that are only trying to create confusion or trolls or thread hi-jackers.

Concerning that article, I think the writer properly stated it by saying "it appear" as all that outsiders can go on is put together many pieces of what the other news articles that we've been seeing coming from the current event in Raqqa. No one will know the real truth of the matter until a proper thorough investigation is done. And I believe that this in the Lord's plan to come in the futur once Mystery Babylon has fallen...but I don't think we will see this in 2017. So 'till this proper investigation is done, we need to use our discernment while reading many articles on the subject.

Please Answer the following : Currently, I'm wondering Where do you read your news about what has happened in the Middle East? What is your position? I get mine from many places mainly PressTV (Iranian news), Spunik & RT (Russian news), and other sources like SOTT & zerohedge. I definetely do not get my news from mainstream Media(MSM).

Concerning the news about the Middle East that I check these sites regularly; there's so much daily news that cannot possibly be brought in this thread to give a proper picture about what goes on in the Middle East. This thread main focus is not on the Middle East News, but the fall of Mystery Babylon(their big World financial Squid system) and the coming New Global Economic Restructure. However, ISIS is Mystery Babylon main player for their END GAME WWIII plan that they are trying to initiate. So once in awhile I bring forth SUMMARY ARTICLES of the latest news that provides multiples links that anyone can see and investigate the subject further on their own if they wish.

I will admit that my discernment is not always point on....that's typical for anyone and we are all learning to better hear the Lord's voice and come to understand better what the Lord is doing with all these events.

if you, the wanderer, are a believer of MSM news and thinks their news reflect more the truth of the matter; then I understand why you do not agree with me posting news from RT, Spunik, PressTV, and other independent news sources.

I do agree that a proper investigation needs to be conducted by an international body that is independent from Mystery Babylon system. We've seen so many world wide crimes that went unchecked while the current system only provides "fake News" about it while providing immunity for these criminal offence to continue on terrorizing the world.

And your third quote comes from the Tora Bora Caves that ISIS took possession in Afghanistan.
Quote:

I see nothing wrong with this statement either. Mollazehi is an expert that was interviewed by Spunik who is aware about this site and he's entitled to expressed his opinion based on some facts that he knows of the strategic reasons why occupying these caves are important for ISIS. To me it makes geographical sense. However it doesn't mean that the events will mature to that point. We do not know what the Lord will pull with the events in the futur and how these other things will also change the geopolitical game. But it doesn't mean that Mr. Mollazehi opinion was incorrect because the Lord didn't mature things to that level. However, I think Mr Mollazehi point is something to watch and to take note how China and Russia will react towards this ISIS recent event in Afghanistan. That's my purpose to bring this article here to our attention and keep a watch on it.

'till the day when the Lord will brings all the truth on the table....we are all to watch these events as they unfold while filtering out the things that are dis-info, mis-represent, etc.... Christian will try to understand these in relation to what the Lord is doing with them and how they fit in His plan expressed in prophecies. While non-believers will expressed them within the scope of their knowledge of expertise. Both Christians and non-christians have their own biases and "heart idols" that can obscure their discernment. That's a normal phenomena for everyone. No one is free from personal biases, and we all have our own "heart idols" to identify and deal with. That's why we all have access to the Holy Spirit by which it is His job to correct us in His own timing.

There's nothing wrong for someone to express their discernment, and views whether they are Christian or not. I often personally do learn from their perspective. And what I think is something of worth to note...you may think it is something to ignore. That's ok and a normal phenomena. However, if you are someone that doesn't keep up with this type of news and are only looking for anything to throw some wrenches...then do what you must. But that day is soon coming when Mystery Babylon will be expose and the truth put on the table. I'm looking forward to it.

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184162
06/18/17 03:52 PM
06/18/17 03:52 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
My comment : It is interesting to note that ISIS has been very adamant in destroying all Biblical historical sites while being in Syria and Iraq. This article is about the destruction of Jonas & Daniel tomb site that were pilgrimmage sites for all major faith like Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

ISIS Destroys Jonah’s Tomb In Mosul, Iraq, As Militant Violence Continues
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/isis-jonah-tomb_n_5620520.html

July 25th, 2014
Quote:
The militant group ISIS is continuing its rampage of holy places by destroying the tomb of Jonah, a place thought to be the burial site of the prophet believed by Abrahamic faiths to have been swallowed by a whale or fish.

Civil defense officials in Mosul, Iraq, told CNN that ISIS operatives planted explosives around the mosque containing the tomb then detonated it remotely on Thursday.

A video posted to YouTube, the authenticity of which has not yet been confirmed, shows the destruction of the Sunni Mosque of the Prophet Younis, which is the Arabic name for Jonah. Though ISIS claims to adhere to the Sunni branch of Islam, they have nonetheless targeted multiple Sunni shrines, blowing up or bulldozing any place they deem “unIslamic.”

According to The Guardian, people living nearby the mosque told AP that ISIS members had declared that the holy site “had become a place for apostasy, not prayer.” The Imam Aoun Bin al-Hassan mosque was also destroyed on Thursday.

The tomb of Daniel, a man revered by Muslims as a prophet though unlike Jonah, he is not mentioned in the Quran, has also been reportedly destroyed. Al-Arabiya reports that Zuhair al-Chalabi, a local Mosul official, told Al-Samaria News that “ISIS implanted explosives around Prophet Daniel’s tomb in Mosul and blasted it, leading to its destruction.”

AFP reports that an anonymous official said, “Islamic State completely destroyed the shrine of Nabi Yunus after telling local families to stay away and closing the roads to a distance of 500 metres from the shrine.”

The tomb of Jonah was a popular place of pilgrimage for people who would come from around the world to see it, before the arrival of ISIS in Mosul. At the end of the video showing the destruction of Jonah’s tomb, a man can be heard saying,”No, no, no. Prophet Jonas is gone. God, these scoundrels,” according to NPR.

This latest act by ISIS shows their disregard for holy places, even Muslim ones from the Sunni sect they claim to hail from. Sam Hardy, a professor at the American University of Rome, told The Washington Post that he believes this shows that ISIS is willing to destroy, “basically pretty much anything in the Bible.” He added, “It indicates they are going for total eradication not just of their enemies but even of the possibility of people living together under their rule.”

Leila Fadel of NPR believes that ISIS’s destruction of shrines may be a big mistake when it comes to rallying other Muslim militant groups to its cause, especially considering that it previously declared an “Islamic caliphate.” She said, “it may cause a deep rift in the uneasy alliances the Sunni extremist group has made with other Sunni fighting groups marginalized.”

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184164
06/18/17 05:51 PM
06/18/17 05:51 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
My comment : Canada is fast moving towards fascism as we have seen by removing our freedom of speech with the 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam (see Post#182914). Now Canada is passing the C-16 law that protects those with alternative sexual orientation???

Really, it's all about removing our freedom of speech in this country. I would recommend that you would watch the video of professor Peterson from University of Toronto who makes this points. The Youtube video link is inside that article below. It is interesting to watch how the students of the opposing view handle free Speech expressed by Peterson. I'm seeing first hand that our Children is being well trained in the art of fascism on unfounded grounds of victimization.

3 months ago I have posted this Nigel Farage video that was censored by you-tube. I just found another link. What Nigel expressed I have seen this in my own children who were homeschool for their first 9 years and only ended up in the Public schools in their last 3 years. I have noticed in my own children what Nigel expressed in this video.

UKIP Nigel Farage - The Young Generation That Shout 'Fascist' Are Fascist Themselves

Now Canada is passing laws to protect Transgenders, homosexuals, etc... Where's the laws to protect our Christian heritage that this nation was founded on? Why does Canada feels the needs to protect by laws unBiblical sexual orientations or the Islamic extremists agenda instead based on Old Covenant interpretation? Could there be an ulterior motive?

Compelled speech comes to Canada: Citizens using the 'wrong' gender pronoun could be accused of hate crimes
https://www.sott.net/article/353978-Comp...-of-hate-crimes

June 16, 2017

Quote:
Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender pronouns. Critics say that Canadians who do not subscribe to progressive gender theory could be accused of hate crimes, jailed, fined, and made to take anti-bias training.

Canada's Senate passed Bill C-16, which puts "gender identity" and "gender expression" into both the country's Human Rights Code, as well as the hate crime category of its Criminal Code by a vote of 67-11, according to LifeSiteNews. The bill now only needs royal assent from the House of Commons to pass into law.

"Great news," announced Justin Trudeau, Canada's prime minister. "Bill C-16 has passed the Senate - making it illegal to discriminate based on gender identity or expression. #LoveisLove."

"Proud that Bill C-16has passed in the Senate," said Jody Wilson-Raybould, the country's attorney general and minister of justice. "All Canadians should feel #FreeToBeMe."

"[There's an argument] that transgender identity is too subjective a concept to be enshrined in law because it is defined as an individual's deeply felt internal experience of gender," said Grant Mitchell, a conservative senator, in November 2016. "Yet we, of course, accept outright that no one can discriminate on the basis of religion, and that too is clearly a very deeply subjective and personal feeling."

Jordan Peterson, a professor at the University of Toronto, and one of the bill's fiercest critics, spoke to the Senate before the vote, insisting that it infringed upon citizens' freedom of speech and institutes what he views as dubious gender ideology into law.

"Compelled speech has come to Canada," stated Peterson. "We will seriously regret this."

"[Ideologues are] using unsuspecting and sometimes complicit members of the so-called transgender community to push their ideological vanguard forward," said the professor to the Senate in May. "The very idea that calling someone a term that they didn't choose causes them such irreparable harm that legal remedies should be sought [is] an indication of just how deeply the culture of victimization has sunk into our society."

Peterson has previously pledged not to use irregular gender pronouns and students have protested him for his opposition to political correctness.

WATCH:

"This tyrannical bill is nothing but social engineering to the nth degree, all in the name of political correctness," Jeff Gunnarson, vice president of Campaign Life Toronto, a pro-life political group in Canada, told LifeSiteNews.

The Daily Caller News Foundation reached out to the director of communications for the House of Commons, but received no comment in time for publication.

Quote:
Oh, Canada... Read it and weep: excerpts from the Ontario Human Rights Commission recommendations on identifying discrimination, upon which Canada's new C-16 law is leveraged:

Discrimination is not always direct and is often hard to detect. The claimant must show on a "balance of probabilities" (more likely than not) that adverse or negative treatment happened. The analysis should be flexible and look at all relevant factors in the situation including circumstantial evidence as well as the full impact on the affected person or group. While there may be evidence of "intent," this is not needed to prove discrimination. Gender identity, gender expression or other protected characteristics need only be one of the factors in the negative treatment for discrimination to exist.

Once prima facie discrimination is established, the burden then shifts to the organization or person responsible to either provide a credible non-discriminatory explanation, or justify the conduct or practice using one of the defences available under the Code.
Many trans people are vulnerable to harassment because of their gender identity and gender expression. Trans people also experience harassment that is sexual in nature (sexual harassment) that may be because of their gender identity, gender expression and/or sex.

Gender-based harassment can involve:
-Derogatory language toward trans people or trans communities
-Insults, comments that ridicule, humiliate or demean people because of their gender identity or expression
-Behaviour that "polices and or reinforces traditional heterosexual gender norms"
-Refusing to refer to a person by their self-identified name and proper personal pronoun
-Comments or conduct relating to a perception that a person is not conforming with gender-role stereotypes
-Jokes related to a person's gender identity or expression including those circulated in writing or by email or social media
-Spreading rumours about a person's gender identity or expression including through the Internet
-"Outing" or threatening to "out" someone as trans
-Intrusive comments, questions or insults about a person's body, physical characteristics, gender-related medical procedures, clothing, mannerisms, or other forms of gender expression
-Other threats, unwelcome touching, violence and physical assault.

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184176
06/19/17 09:57 PM
06/19/17 09:57 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
My comment : My previous post about the C-16 law that protect against discrimination against those with "other" sexual orientation. For sure I'm not for any type of disrespect behavior towards anyone. Plus the law of God states to love everyone(foreigners, law-breakers, etc...) as our own brother.

However, if expressing an opinion about the subject of sexual orientation gets viewed as discrimination and thus I need to pay a penalty for expressing a point of view...then that law is draconian in nature that takes away our freedom of speech in Canada.

This post is not about the C-16 law that Prof. Peterson talk against it in the previous post; but rather about his recent increased popularity as a "father figure" for men on YouTube. I only viewed this video below; so I really don't know much of what he believes. However, what he shared in that video gave me a very good impression that I perceived he's gifted from above.

From the article read, and the video below I can see clearly that he's a Christian that is not afraid to profess it and implements some Biblical values that he gathers to help others. I'm sure there would be things in his Biblical perspective that I would feel needs refinement; but that's the case for all of us. We all needs refinement in our views.

Despite the needed refinements; I think he might become a positive and influential Canadian figure worth keeping an eye on his work. I'm curious to see if God might use him to help us, Canadians and others, go thru these turmoils which I perceived will increase mainly because we are not freed from Mystery Babylon's control and bad politics. I do hope that Canada will be freed from Mystery Babylon's grip by the end of 2017. But we will see how God will work things out.

I'm not saying that I agree with all his views by which I'm unaware of them. As with all things, you take what the Holy Spirit impresses as His and leave the rest. But Canada and the world needs more people like Prof. Peterson that take upon himself the responsibility to help others to become overcomers over the "evils"(or calamities) that we find ourselves dealing with each day so we also can become a blessings to others.

Self-help guru Jordan B. Peterson teaches today’s men to find what they are missing

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448714/jordan-p-peterson-self-help-guru-father-figure

by CHRISTIAN CHENSVOLD

June 19th, 2017
Quote:
Like countless men, I recently discovered the online lectures of Jordan B. Peterson, a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto who rose to Internet fame and notoriety in November of 2016. The obscure professor had posted videos to his small YouTube channel voicing opposition to Canada’s Bill C-16, which prohibited discrimination on the basis of gender identity — a concept that can include “misgendering” people by refusing to refer to them by their preferred pronouns. Peterson denounced the postmodernist motivations of the law, whose totalitarian end game, he believed, was to criminalize free speech.

As things are wont to unfold on the Internet, Peterson’s videos and media coverage snowballed until he eventually caught the eye — and became a three-hour guest on — popular YouTube channels such as the Rubin Report and the Joe Rogan Experience. Peterson’s animated divertissements won instant fans through his particularly engaging mix of topics: free speech and political correctness, the history of totalitarianism, personality traits and psychological well-being, hero’s-journey mythology, and the stories of the Old Testament.

Wise nuggets from his interviews and lectures were uploaded at an accelerating pace, and Peterson amassed millions of views. His own channel leapt from obscurity to 300,000 subscribers and counting. Peterson next set up a Patreon account to raise money, vowing to fast-track the video uploading and promising a lengthy series of lectures on the Bible, and his newfound flock ponied up over $40,000 in monthly support, which Peterson says he wants to use to create an online university. Though his book Twelve Rules for Life: An Antidote for Chaos isn’t due out until September — September of 2018, that is — it is fast climbing the Amazon ranks from preorders. He’s tweeted out that he has all ten of the top ten higher-education podcasts on iTunes. Reddit communities, memes, and clever-slogan-stamped products are popping up every day.

Peterson says his online audience is 90 percent male. These huge numbers of men, many of whom are willing to donate $5 or $10 per month, have embraced a 54-year-old paternal authority figure who tells them that they’re a mess and need to get their lives in order. It works because Peterson connects his message to something eternal, offering mytho-intellectual fatherly advice that men, especially Millennial men, are starved for in an age of perpetual and trivial digital distraction.

To use one of his own refrains, he has ascended to the top of the dominance hierarchy when it comes to motivating males in the digital age.

Peterson has become an Internet hero partly by being a cartographer of the human soul. He talks at length about mapping your environment, ever weighing goals and results, risks and rewards, and what happens when unexplored territory — chaos, the flood, the serpent in the garden — suddenly appears and shatters your world.

One of his popular lecture series, taken directly from his UT classroom, is called “Maps of Meaning,” also the title of his 1999 book. Peterson presents men a roadmap for dealing with their past, the unresolved alarms that discordantly sound in our minds clamoring to be attended to, but that we are all too keen to tune out. If you have a memory that’s more than 18 months old but still causes negative emotions, says Peterson, then it’s something you have yet to resolve. The brain needs to mark “case closed” on negative experiences to understand what went wrong so as to avoid making the same mistake in the future. That’s pretty intuitive when you’re five and learning to ride a bike, but it gets a lot harder the older you get.

I’d always thought I was a pretty well-adjusted person, free from things like petty envy or road rage. Sure I had problems, but I always thought they were worries about the future, not demons from my past. Then I discovered Peterson on YouTube, and he helped me understand that I share in the human condition, which is to say, I’m a mess.

In this bleak midwinter, years into a midlife crisis, I received some bad news I didn’t take very well. I fell into my habit of aversion and avoidance, and in doing so built up a dragon in my mind that could torment me at will. After five days of subconscious alarms going off, unattended to, everyday life suddenly fell to pieces.

I became wracked with fear and sorrow, constantly weeping in a way I’d never experienced before. At one point — misguided by meditation teaching and wrapped up in knots about consciousness, thinking, and trying not to think about not thinking — I was ready to dial 911 for an ambulance to come sedate the torment away. But the idea of waking up in a New York mental institution with real loonies emboldened me to ride out the panic, which eventually subsided, as such episodes always do.

From that near crack-up things gradually improved as I clawed my way out of the dark place by tapping the instinct for self-preservation, and by seeking wisdom from a variety of books from different traditions — from Nietzsche’s thoughts on affirming life by viewing its sufferings as an aesthetic phenomenon, to James Allen’s classic 1903 self-help tome As a Man Thinketh, and to the surprisingly entertaining and enlightening 1948 book by Dale Carnegie called How to Stop Worrying and Start Living, which combined stories of everyday folks conquering their demons with wise words from the great minds of Western literature. Gradually my world inched back toward messy normalcy.

All this coincided with the rise of Jordan Peterson, whom I discovered as if by fate, and his words became a daily regimen. I joked to friends that I was “in therapy,” and that it was actually quite sophisticated in a ’70s Woody Allen kind of way. With “Dr. P’s” constant message of “sort yourself out,” each day the little epiphanies grew larger. There were times when Dr. P described my issues so precisely it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. This made me realize that all human problems are pretty much the same, and that it’s Peterson’s archetypal, big-picture approach that is resonating with men at this particular moment in time.

Although the medium he uses is cutting-edge, giving his “therapy sessions” near-infinite reach, what Peterson teaches is not new but timeless: 4,000-year-old Biblical tales, mythologies of the past two millennia, and ideas from 19th- and 20th-century figures such as Nietzsche, Dostoyevsky, Solzhenitsyn, and Jung. Dr. P isn’t just a therapist for men at a time of masculine crisis; no, the man who draws so much on patriarchal archetypes is fast becoming YouTube’s new ideal male authority figure.

I joked to friends that I was “in therapy,” and that it was actually quite sophisticated in a ’70s Woody Allen kind of way. Firm but caring, Peterson is not a rigid drill sergeant out to eradicate your knee-jerk adolescent revolt. That’s a different kind of self-help guru for a different kind of man. Instead, Dr. P encourages, which, as he points out, means to instill with courage. In cognitive therapy, removing fear doesn’t work. You don’t make the bad stuff go away be retreating to a safe space, to use a popular buzzword; you do so by making yourself stronger. Peterson doesn’t tell you what you should do, because only you can figure out your purpose — but he can point out a few places to look. In short, Peterson speaks the way I always wished my father had.

But we can’t choose our parents, and accepting them for who they are is another part of “sorting yourself out.” My own dad, kind and supportive as he’s been to his adult son, would score in the 99th percentile for conscientiousness (work, discipline, order) in the “Big Five” personality test that Peterson often mentions, and in single digits for openness (variety, intellectual curiosity, aesthetic sensitivity, in touch with feelings) — hardly the ideal for a writer son in search of wisdom and truth.

Imagine if you did everything you know you should be doing but aren’t, Dr. P says, and imagine what your life would be like in ten years. Then imagine the opposite, a complete cave-in to the worst of your tendencies. But change is so difficult as to seem impossible, as Dr. P himself says — and right on cue I found a lecture in which he tells the story of Noah. What do you do when your Great Flood comes along and destroys your sense of external identity, when you lose your job or your spouse leaves you? Why, you be like Noah, who had God’s favor for his ability to adapt, to reinvent himself as shipbuilder and captain in order to survive, and in so transforming himself saved the world.

You don’t wall yourself inside a safe space of ideology, territory, or experience. Learning — and what is a life well lived but constant learning? — requires the constant tearing down and transformative rebuilding of the boundaries of your experience as you acquire new information.

Change starts with little things, which despite being little feel immovable from the density of their weight. For years I would rise, often from a restless night, and go directly to my desk, hoping for some good news on the computer to jump-start my day. I’d soon become distracted with all the trivialities of the news. Then, coffee ingested and ready to work, I’d find my back was a wreck from sitting too soon after rising, which I’d been told repeatedly by a chiropractor not to do.

With Dr. P’s voice in my head encouraging me to imagine what I could be if I stopped doing the things I know I shouldn’t be doing, and started doing the things I know I should, I wondered what to do first thing in the morning. I mean besides the obvious and necessary.

I settled on something embarrassingly banal, the kind of thing old folks do: I would take a walk around the block, and have my first impressions of the day come from outside rather than a computer screen.

This simple act of will kicked my brain’s positive emotions into overdrive. Doing something different makes you feel different, which makes you think different, and finally be different. The front stoops of my neighbors, which I had so often passed, averting my eyes to the red-brick eyesores, were suddenly radiant with the beauty of flowers. Birds and squirrels went about their business of daily survival, oblivious to human folly and existential dread. And then I beheld a tree I had never noticed before, covered with heart-shaped messages I assumed were there to commemorate the site of some tragic accident. But when I investigated, the messages turned out to be timeless quotes on happiness and friendship put there to inspire and uplift anyone willing to notice. And I never had. One of the Old Testament’s central messages, according to Peterson, is quite simple: pay attention.

The sheer numbers testify that he is the right man at the right time. Pay attention. Sort out your past. Author your future. Take responsibility for something. Identify not with that part of you that can be shattered, but the part that rebuilds itself from shatters. Face your fears one step at a time, and note with each voluntary approach how you didn’t perish, but instead were strengthened.

I slept soundly last night and awoke with the sun. As I strolled on Day Two of the new walk-around-the-block routine, my mind was fertile and alert. What could come of this glorious day? When I eventually sat down at my desk, I began writing this.

Countless men are grateful to Jordan Peterson for having the courage to speak his mind on a contentious social matter. This temporal issue brought him many enemies, but his timeless messages earned followers that vastly outnumber them. The sheer numbers testify that he is the right man at the right time, someone capable of showing young men that cleaning up their room has cosmic significance, and that imposing a little order upon chaos is good for the soul, which in turn is good for the world.

READ MORE:
Q&A Stephen Mirarchi:
Fatherhood as Heroism Q&A Greg Popcak:
The Standards of Fathers and Fatherhood
The Transformative Power of Fatherhood

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184177
06/19/17 10:35 PM
06/19/17 10:35 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
My comment : Here's another positive article where Malaysia and Indonesia has joined forces with the Philippines to keep ISIS terrorist in check and away from their countries.

Duterte aggressive approach appears to be working very well.

---- some selected quotes ------------

"We need to watch out for the 500 to 600 terrorists there, 257 of whom have been killed already. The rest, based on information we are getting, are blending in with refugees to get out," General Nurmantyo explained."

"What we want to avoid is a development of perceptions that there are certain areas in our region that are seen as Aleppo, Raqqa (in Syria), meaning these areas would become magnets, to which foreign fighters would be attracted to come," said Hussein, as quoted by the Straits Times.

“We want to convey a very clear message that if they want to set foot here, they don't only face one country, but at least three countries that have agreed to fight as hard as they can."

Indonesia, Malaysia & Philippines deploy navy, fighter jets to jointly combat terrorism

https://www.rt.com/news/393130-se-asia-joint-patrols-terrorism/
Quote:
Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines have launched joint operations in the Sulu Sea off the north coast of Borneo, amid fears that the Islamist insurgency in the southern Philippines might spread throughout the region.

The Indonesian military said the joint maneuvers, which began on Monday from Tarakan island in North Kalimantan, Indonesia, were “in the spirit and centrality of ASEAN [Association of Southeast Asian Nations], in maintaining stability in the region in the face of non-traditional threats such as piracy, kidnapping, terrorism and other transnational crimes in regional waters,” read a statement to the media as quoted by the Straits Times.

Ministers and top army officials from the three countries, as well as defense ministers from [censored] and Singapore, attended the ceremonies which kicked off the mainly naval-based operation, although land and air forces are taking part as well.

A new Maritime Command Centre (MCC) was also inaugurated at Tarakan, at a ceremony witnessed by officials from all three countries. Tarakan is a port city just south of Borneo and facing the conflict-wracked island of Mindanao in the southern Philippines.

Additional command centers are also being planned in Tawau in Malaysia, on Borneo, and in Bongao in the Philippines.

"We see these functioning as a triangle, like a spider's web, where everything inside the triangle will be monitored," Indonesian military chief General Gatot Nurmantyo said as cited by Reuters.

There has been renewed concern over Islamist activity in south-east Asia, particularly after extremists overran the city of Marawi on Mindanao island, Philippines nearly a month ago.

The attack on Marawi was carried out by the IS-affiliated Maute group, which together with other extremist groups like Abu Sayyaf have been carrying out terrorist attacks in the region, as well as other crimes such as hostage-taking, extortion and piracy.

As the Philippine military lay siege to Marawi, jihadist fighters, both foreign and local, may try to flee the battlefield to Indonesia, which has intensified security in the sea between their country and the Philippines.

"We need to watch out for the 500 to 600 terrorists there, 257 of whom have been killed already. The rest, based on information we are getting, are blending in with refugees to get out," General Nurmantyo explained.

Jakarta has deployed three Sukhoi fighter jets to prevent the militants from infiltrating Indonesia by sea, the head of the Tarakan air base told the state-run Antara news agency.

Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines also pledged to increase intelligence-sharing to prevent another Marawi-type incident happening again, said Malaysian defense minister Hishammuddin Hussein.

"What we want to avoid is a development of perceptions that there are certain areas in our region that are seen as Aleppo, Raqqa (in Syria), meaning these areas would become magnets, to which foreign fighters would be attracted to come," said Hussein, as quoted by the Straits Times.

“We want to convey a very clear message that if they want to set foot here, they don't only face one country, but at least three countries that have agreed to fight as hard as they can."

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184178
06/19/17 11:18 PM
06/19/17 11:18 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
My comment : This article does show many positive development in regards in combating against the Elites multiple sick perverse usage of our children. This doesn't come with some casualties as "On June 13, the suspected shooter, James Hodgkinson, shot Rep. Steve Scalise and three others as they practiced baseball in Alexandria, Virginia." James Hodgkinson publically said he hates Trump. Him shooting Rep. Steve Scalise is linked to stop Scalise working on combating sex trafficking.

The good news is Scalise didn't die from this shot and hopefully this incident will bring more awareness to the general public.

---- some selected quotes --------------------

"On May 25, Scalise posted a video on his YouTube channel and on his Twitter feed discussing recently passed bills in the House to target child predators and to provide protection for human trafficking victims. “The sad truth is that human trafficking is a real problem plaguing each and every community in the United States,” Scalise said. “This week the House took strong action to stand up for the victims of human trafficking, passing tough bills to provide them protection and to target child predators.”

"Wenstrup outlined twelve bills the House of Representatives recently passed during Combating Trafficking and Child Protection Week in Congress to fight child abuse and exploitation. “The bills also ensure investigators have more efficient access to critical evidence necessary to stop child predators, strengthen tools for the prosecution of perpetrators, increase the requirements for lifelong registration and reporting for offenders, and better equip law enforcement to protect children from harm,” Wenstrup wrote."

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions prepped 1500 members of law enforcement officers for the fight against sex trafficking during a motivational speech on June 6 at the National Law Enforcement Training on Child Exploitation in Atlanta. Sessions issued a stern warning to pedophiles exploiting children: “Standing together, we will send a message to the predators and pimps, the child abusers and the sextortionists and the traffickers: You will not harm our kids. And we will never rest until we find you and bring you to justice for your appalling acts.” Sessions emphasized that he plans to make the fight to end human trafficking a “top priority”.

The Virginia Shooting is Tied to Sex Trafficking

By Liz Crokin

June 17, 2017
Quote:
Two Republican members of Congress targeted in the Virginia shooting during an early-morning practice for a charity baseball game have recently pushed for legislation to combat sex trafficking.

On June 13, the suspected shooter, James Hodgkinson, shot Rep. Steve Scalise and three others as they practiced baseball in Alexandria, Virginia. Rep. Brad Wenstrup, a veteran combat surgeon, rushed to Scalise’s side to administer emergency medical attention after the bullet struck Scalise in the hip. Both Scalise and Wenstrup have been very vocal about their efforts to end human trafficking through legislation.

On May 25, Scalise posted a video on his YouTube channel and on his Twitter feed discussing recently passed bills in the House to target child predators and to provide protection for human trafficking victims. “The sad truth is that human trafficking is a real problem plaguing each and every community in the United States,” Scalise said. “This week the House took strong action to stand up for the victims of human trafficking, passing tough bills to provide them protection and to target child predators.”

Scalise went on to encourage his colleagues to work together to get the legislation signed into law. “Let’s work together to get these bills signed into law,” Scalise said.

On June 6, Wenstrup published an op-ed on the topic titled Human Trafficking: As Easy as Ordering a Pizza. “It is true – with the rise of the Internet, human trafficking has become one of the fastest growing businesses of organized crime in the world,” Wenstrup wrote. Wenstrup cited that human trafficking generates billions annually in illegal profits around the globe and as many as 17,500 people may be trafficked into the United States every year while approximately100,000 American citizens may be victims of trafficking within the United Sates, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Congressional Research Service.

Wenstrup applauded President Trump’s efforts to end human trafficking. “Just this past month, the White House hosted a bipartisan roundtable with lawmakers, anti-trafficking experts and human trafficking victims to develop strategies and objectives to strengthen the federal government’s fight against child trafficking and exploitation,” Wenstrup stated in the piece.

Wenstrup outlined twelve bills the House of Representatives recently passed during Combating Trafficking and Child Protection Week in Congress to fight child abuse and exploitation. “The bills also ensure investigators have more efficient access to critical evidence necessary to stop child predators, strengthen tools for the prosecution of perpetrators, increase the requirements for lifelong registration and reporting for offenders, and better equip law enforcement to protect children from harm,” Wenstrup wrote.

Scalise has remained in critical condition after suffering damage to internal organs, and his injuries will require additional operations, according to a MedStar Washington Hospital Center medical update late Wednesday.

Last week The Hagmann Report posted a story on how Trump’s zeroing in on elite pedophiles in his efforts to end human trafficking. “Now that it’s clear Trump’s not and never has been under investigation – his administration is moving full steam ahead with their fight to stop human trafficking and they’re moving in on the head of the snake,” a source told The Hagmann Report. “They’re shifting their focus to the elite pedophiles at the top which is why we’ve recently seen the arrests of politicians, law enforcement officers, professors and other more prominent members of society.”

Attorney General Jeff Sessions prepped 1500 members of law enforcement officers for the fight against sex trafficking during a motivational speech on June 6 at the National Law Enforcement Training on Child Exploitation in Atlanta. Sessions issued a stern warning to pedophiles exploiting children: “Standing together, we will send a message to the predators and pimps, the child abusers and the sextortionists and the traffickers: You will not harm our kids. And we will never rest until we find you and bring you to justice for your appalling acts.” Sessions emphasized that he plans to make the fight to end human trafficking a “top priority”.

Trump first announced his pledge to combat human trafficking during a listening session at the White House on Feb. 23. “I’ll direct the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies that have a role in preventing human trafficking to take a hard look at the resources and personnel that they’re currently devoting to this fight,” Trump said. “Now, they are devoting a lot, but we’re going to be devoting more.”

Blessings
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184182
06/20/17 06:08 AM
06/20/17 06:08 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

There's nothing wrong for someone to express their discernment, and views whether they are Christian or not. I often personally do learn from their perspective. And what I think is something of worth to note...you may think it is something to ignore. That's ok and a normal phenomena. However, if you are someone that doesn't keep up with this type of news and are only looking for anything to throw some wrenches...then do what you must. But that day is soon coming when Mystery Babylon will be expose and the truth put on the table. I'm looking forward to it.
I agree, nothing wrong with expressing "discernment" or "views" and I would simply add, nothing wrong with questioning them either. I advocate questioning these sources you are quoting from, not ignoring them.

- The Wanderer
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184183
06/20/17 06:16 AM
06/20/17 06:16 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

I will admit that my discernment is not always point on....that's typical for anyone and we are all learning to better hear the Lord's voice and come to understand better what the Lord is doing with all these events.

if you, the wanderer, are a believer of MSM news and thinks their news reflect more the truth of the matter; then I understand why you do not agree with me posting news from RT, Spunik, PressTV, and other independent news sources.
I do not "hear the Lord's Voice" in any such alleged news sources. I see a degree of activism and propaganda in almost every bit of news available online. Of course, there are some truths being posted, but to not question any or all of them is even more wrong than anything you have called me thus far.

- The Wanderer
Re: A new Global Economic Restructure in 2012 [Re: Elle] #184184
06/20/17 06:22 AM
06/20/17 06:22 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
My comment : Canada is fast moving towards fascism as we have seen by removing our freedom of speech with the 'Blasphemy' Bill To Silence Critics Of Islam (see Post#182914). Now Canada is passing the C-16 law that protects those with alternative sexual orientation???

Really, it's all about removing our freedom of speech in this country. I would recommend that you would watch the video of professor Peterson from University of Toronto who makes this points. The Youtube video link is inside that article below. It is interesting to watch how the students of the opposing view handle free Speech expressed by Peterson. I'm seeing first hand that our Children is being well trained in the art of fascism on unfounded grounds of victimization.

3 months ago I have posted this Nigel Farage video that was censored by you-tube. I just found another link. What Nigel expressed I have seen this in my own children who were homeschool for their first 9 years and only ended up in the Public schools in their last 3 years. I have noticed in my own children what Nigel expressed in this video.

UKIP Nigel Farage - The Young Generation That Shout 'Fascist' Are Fascist Themselves

Do your children know that you have posted this about them online? I can hardly believe what I am reading here.

Last edited by The Wanderer; 06/20/17 06:23 AM.

- The Wanderer
Page 83 of 119 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 118 119

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!