HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,177 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Christian Rock - Evil? #140979
04/04/12 04:53 PM
04/04/12 04:53 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Do you think christian rock is "evil"? If "yes", why?

I came across this on another site, makes you think...

http://www.av1611.org/crock.html

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Rick H] #140996
04/05/12 01:25 AM
04/05/12 01:25 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
As an ex rock and roll musician, who has worked with the most revered musicians in the world (Ozzy, Stevie Ray Vaughn Scorpions etc etc etc) In know where that power comes from.

After being lead out of that world, immediately the church set out to recruit me as their 'spokesman' for the youth to stay in church. They used all of their influence to divide our congregation and bring in the influence of this spirit.

I find it interesting that the influence of the 'priests' of Egypt settled into Northern Africa and we took slaves from that region to establish our country and these same men with their Egyptian rhythms influenced the music of New Orleans which became rock and roll.

That means the rhythms of Rock and roll comes from Egypt.

Now we bring that into our churches?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141028
04/06/12 08:14 AM
04/06/12 08:14 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
As an ex rock and roll musician, who has worked with the most revered musicians in the world (Ozzy, Stevie Ray Vaughn Scorpions etc etc etc) In know where that power comes from.

After being lead out of that world, immediately the church set out to recruit me as their 'spokesman' for the youth to stay in church. They used all of their influence to divide our congregation and bring in the influence of this spirit.

I find it interesting that the influence of the 'priests' of Egypt settled into Northern Africa and we took slaves from that region to establish our country and these same men with their Egyptian rhythms influenced the music of New Orleans which became rock and roll.

That means the rhythms of Rock and roll comes from Egypt.

Now we bring that into our churches?

What would you say about the meaning and purpose behind this song...

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/T...825688700015DA1

Last edited by Rick H; 04/06/12 08:15 AM.
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Rick H] #141031
04/06/12 01:34 PM
04/06/12 01:34 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The following was posted at another site a few years ago:
Quote:
i went to a seminar lately on this very subject.

they had said that a study was done using rats and music only. they decided not to use lyrics because we all know that listening to good words is uplifting, but listening to hate talk so to speak is negative. Thats a given ok. so they only used music.

they had 3 sets of rats. one set had no music, one set only played classical type music, and the other set was played music with which was in 4/4 time with the emphasis on the 2 and 4th beats (which most music today is)

after the set amount of time, the observations made on the rats where interesting.

the set with no music, obviously showed no change.

the set that had classical type music showed no change in behavior.

But...the rats that had the music played with the emphasis on the 2nd and 4th beats fought with eachother constantly, they were aggitated, and some even turned to cannibalism!

The researchers decided to to investigate further so they (unfortunatly) disected the rats brains to find out why.

what they found was the first two set of rats, there brains were normal.

but the other set of rats (the ones who were angry etc,.) they had actually something wrong with there brains. the music had changed something with there brains. i wish i could remember what it was exactly, but it actually changed the physical nature of the brain. i think it had to do with the pathways used in the transfer of informations between things in the brain. the pathway should be staight, but these rats had majorly crooked and all messed up pathways.

So with that being said, i am on the fence now with the music i listen to. i am studying the issue more, so i can make an educated ruling one way or the other. but so far, the evidence is showing not good in favor of some music.

with that being said, let it be known that i REALLY enjoy music! I love contemporary christian music! so i am not just jumping into something. this study on music has the potential to be life changing since this is the type of music i listen to!!

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #141032
04/06/12 01:41 PM
04/06/12 01:41 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
That was an interesting study that I quoted in my previous post.

Here is another same aged post from that other site that speaks to this subject differently:
Quote:
Yeah, and what they forget is that some of the music they consider so sanctified was frowned upon when it was first introduced.

Another comment about the rat study. What? Rats are so spiritual they can tell us what kind of music to use in church? Rats have good taste in music?

You have to think about what you're trying to say in a song and who you are talking to. If it's a crowd of teens, and the subject is God's wrath and anger, or the hopelessness and destructiveness of sin, crank up the metal! But if you are talking to a generationally mixed audience, and you want to emphasize more positive things- peace, consecration, glory, praise, you need a more light-hearted sound. Some people will be easily offended by anything out of their rut, but most people will accept any music that is done tastefully and sincerely, if it fits the mood of worship. I'm not talking about pushing the envelope for the sake of pushing the envelope. I'm talking about updating what may have become old and worn out. Any church musician should be first and foremost a servant of their church family, not a star or a performer trying to make a name for themselves.

Another thing to bear in mind. Not all churches are blessed with musicians talented enough to pull it off. That goes for any style- but especially if you want to do something new and different. And not every church musician is blessed with a church family that can dig what they have to offer!

Daryl smile

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #141033
04/06/12 01:43 PM
04/06/12 01:43 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What about our own so-called "sanctified" music from our SDA Hymnal? This latest quote says that it was also frowned upon when it was first introduced.

I was also told that our hymns were orginally considered inappropiate because they used the same tune as used in bars.

What, therefore, is the difference between the two?

Daryl smile

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #141034
04/06/12 02:04 PM
04/06/12 02:04 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I also found this interesting and also decided to quote it here from where it was posted about five years ago:
Quote:
I have heard reports of many such studies, even watched a Mythbuster's episode where they repeated a study to confirm or deny the effects of rock or classical music on pea plants. As I recall, it was busted.

When I read your reference to this study you were told about in the seminar you attended, I rushed to Snopes to see if it was an urban legend. Nothing there. So, I turned to Google and found a Baby Genious article that confirmed what you had been told and one of the doctors who was involved with the research. Armed with that name, I Googled further and found additional articles invoking the same study. The interesting thing is, I discovered that the orginal article had taken some poetic license with the details. I am providing the links to three of the articles as well as a brief overview of the details from each.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.internationalparentingassociation.org/Music/studies.html

rats were stated as subjects of study

waltz music was control group

rock-type music was other

within a few days, rock-type rats had lost memory and turned cannibalistic

---------------------------------------------

http://vanillafudge.com/link_backups/music2.htm

mice not rats

no music

Strauss Waltz

Voodoo drums, quietly

measured each group for cognitive ability to remember a maze to food

no music - no change in ability to remember

Strauss Waltz - increased memory ability

Voodoo drums - strongly impaired ability to remember maze

dissecting of voodoo brain group revealed brain damage

no cannibalism described

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.reversespins.com/music.html

mice not rats

no music

Strauss Waltz

Voodoo drums, quietly

measured each group for cognitive ability to remember a maze to food

no music - no change in ability to remember

Strauss Waltz - increased memory ability

Voodoo drums - strongly impaired ability to remember maze

dissecting of voodoo brain group revealed brain damage

no cannibalism described

This article's author's motivation is to hope to prove that the friction from the music stimulates the chakra, which creates an assault on the Light/chi of the individual.

------------------------------------------------------

My point is, don't make a life-changing decision based on one study. Seek the facts before taking action. Sometimes there are subtle motivations that attempt to play on our fears in order to move us to whatever action these seminars may be supporting. God gave each of us a brain. Let's use them.

Daryl smile

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #141035
04/06/12 02:41 PM
04/06/12 02:41 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada

Daryl smile

Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: Daryl] #141039
04/06/12 08:31 PM
04/06/12 08:31 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I have done major research on this subject in my life.

As a professional sound engineer and musician I have seen the effects of every type of music.

What is it that makes even Christians get swept away in music?

I have seen Seventh Day Adventist men raise their hands in the air and weep over music with questionable lyrics just because the band claims to be Christian and the music is 'touching their heart'.

Satan was the leader of the Choir in heaven and had the golden pipes, he has orchestrated this worlds allurements to satisfy his desires and motivations on this planet, so what makes us think we have the capacity to overcome this temptation on our own? Especially when everyone defends this music as if they 'know' what is good for them.

The study of 'gospel' music is very interesting.

The influences came directly from pagan worship ceremonies handed down through men forced to submit to the so called Christian church. Forced to leave their home and submit to a god they did not know. These slaves transferred their rhythms to their new religion and these Negro Spiritual songs became gospel music.

Formed under the most hateful duress this musical format was satanically directed by hateful laws and prejudice such as it being against the law for a black man to play any other key on the piano than black. So when they were forced only to play the black keys it forced them to create new songs within this formulation which directly resulted int the Pentatonic (5 note) scale which is the blues scale that rock and roll was formed from.

Men who would not submit in their hearts to the religion being forced upon them took the rhythms and created new forms of music. First Jazz, then Blues and these songs took on a completely different tone in defiance to the forced religion.

Within a very short period of time the evil use of men to do our dirty work had completely reshaped the landscape of our national identity through popular culture. But an interesting situation arose. 'Gospel' music was seen as Holy after a few generations even though it had a form taken directly from paganism, but at the same time the new forms of music which made no pretense of being anything righteous started to clash as if warring in righteousness. This is a Satanic battle on every front but it was made to look like righteousness taking on wickedness.

Now many years in the future, after many gospel singers became celebrity (Arretha Franklin to Whitney Houston) this form of music has completely amalgamated into popular christian culture.

But that is not the end of it. The music once considered openly 'evil' such as Jazz and Blues with men selling their souls to the devil as one of the popular iconic illustrations, now evolves into what is known as rock and roll and men as rebellious as they come becoming the most powerful men in popular culture, influencing every known avenue of entertainment on our planet.

This is the same format of music that someone who claims to be somewhat converted uses to write 'new christian' music, and it becomes very popular and we are letting this into our minds and sanctuary to meet with God?

It does not belong in the church, but I have been told I have no right to contend with it by our leaders. It seems to me I have every right to contend with it since I am one who was saved from it's pit.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Christian Rock - Evil? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141041
04/06/12 10:05 PM
04/06/12 10:05 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Let me give an illustration that might get misunderstood but I will try to convey they point.

The subtle discrepancies are what is alarming.

There is a song that is in every modern hymnal except Adventist called 'Majesty'.

In it the words say "Unto Jesus, be all glory power and praise" but Jesus told us in 'the Lord's prayer' to direct our prayers to the Father in heaven in His name. He says to the Father be all glory power and praise but we are directed to give this praise to Jesus in the song.

If we weren't knowledgeable in the word, this song would be dangerous.

"And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; that ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.”

“For this cause,” Paul says, “I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:14-19.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!