HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
"How to attain Christian perfection" #141302
04/16/12 01:29 AM
04/16/12 01:29 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
This is how to attain perfection, pay close attention please,

The Lord is coming. The end of all things is at hand. There remains but little time in which to develop character. Our experience, our testimony, our daily conduct, are having an influence either for good or for evil. What shall it be, henceforth? Shall we choose to humble our hearts before God? Those who constantly advance in Christian perfection, from grace to grace, are a mighty, moving force for good in this world.

Often in the silent watches of the night I think of the sufferings of Christ in our behalf. Behold the Redeemer in the Garden of Gethsemane. The thought of being separated from his Father was the burden pressing so heavily upon his soul. He felt as if he might be unable to pass through such an experience. “If it be possible,” he prayed, “let this cup pass from me.” So great was his agony that “his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.” It was for the sake of ransoming a lost world that he passed through this agony. {NPUGleaner March 23, 1910, par. 7}

If you want to learn this exercise more clearly please read my blog about Jesus dying the second death in Gethsemane.

http://redheifersbloodysweat.blogspot.com/2011/12/red-heifer.html

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141303
04/16/12 01:30 AM
04/16/12 01:30 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Though this writing is for all believers in Christ, I will be using both scripture and the inspired words from our last day prophet Mrs. Ellen G White to illustrate what our Father showed me in a vision. Please be courteous in how you respond. Thank you and enjoy.

Have you followed him in the garden of Gethsemane? Have you seen the bloody sweat bedew the ground?” {RH July 12, 1892, par. 6}

My name is James, a member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, a brother in Christ.

The evening of August 12th, 2009, was a perfectly beautiful night here in Elk River MN..
There's this special place next to the lake I live near that I love to go to pray and think on the closing hours of Christ’s life. Over the years I’ve had wonderfully insightful and peaceful experiences there prompting me to go more and more until it was habit, but this was a special night. I felt a peace like no other surround me and the tokens of forgiveness were so strong I couldn’t resist, so I took a deep breath and bowed to pray.

In my meditation that evening I was imagining Jesus coming into the Garden of Eden saying “Adam, where are you”, after Adam had betrayed Him and was hiding. Then I imagined Holy angels leading Adam out of the gate east of Eden because of this sin and show him what he had done to His creator.

The words of scripture and the Spirit of Prophecy help me to envision these things, and I remembered Ellen White wrote; “To Adam were revealed future important events, from his expulsion from Eden, to the Flood, and onward to the first advent of Christ upon the earth.” {SR 48.2} The angels had revealed to him the plan of salvation and encouraged him to participate so he wouldn’t have to die that day, as commanded; “in the day you eat of it you shall surely die”.

“As Adam was slaying the innocent victim" on the first altar erected outside of Eden’s Eastern Gate, "it seemed to him that he was shedding the blood of the Son of God by his own hand…pointing to the great and perfect offering of God's dear Son. There appeared a star of hope to illuminate the dark and terrible future, and relieve it of its utter hopelessness and ruin.” {SR 50.2}

I was next impressed to imagine Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane east of Jerusalem's eastern gate, as He "realized His separation from His Father in consequence of bearing man's sin”, {2T 206.1} another theme my mind had recently been drawn to prior to that night .

The Holy Spirit attested to, and I fully realized at that moment, that the angels that day had led Adam to have a 'Garden of Gethsemane experience' at the first altar outside the Eastern Gate of Eden. It also dawned on my heart that longing sympathy for Adam and his family is why Jesus loved to go, as His custom was, to the Garden of Gethsemane. I had no idea what else there was to learn from these images from scripture, but I could sense the still small voice urging me on in this line of thought, to go further in this mental picture.

In support of the divine inspiration leading to this upcoming vision and subsequent study, recently I found this;

The garden of Eden with its foul blot of disobedience is to be carefully studied and compared with the garden of Gethsemane where the world’s Redeemer suffered superhuman agony when the sins of the whole world were rolled upon Him.” {Ms 1, 1892}

I had never read that quote before, but felt drawn to these two subjects that night in 2009, as if lured in righteousness to find a deeper comprehension. A year later I found that perfect command by our prophet to prove that it is Gods will that we compare these two events. I can tell you, finding this quote made me so excited.

While envisioning these two premises; Adam outside of Eden’s Eastern Gate and Jesus outside Jerusalem’s Eastern Gate, I was impressed that God wanted me to go further in this image. So I responded by praying, “Please Father, show me more”. Then immediately I had a vision…

I was shown Jesus on His hands and knees in the Garden of Gethsemane, covered in bloody sweat, and simultaneously saw an all Red Heifer super imposed over Him. I was privileged to be shown by our Father that Jesus fulfilled the mysterious Red Heifer sacrifice in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Every one of the commanded sacrificial offerings such as the Passover lamb, and the Atonement’s ‘goat for the Lord’, has major significance to help us peer into the life and ministry of Christ. What a wonderful experience to be shown a forgotten sacrifice illuminating an added dimension to the complete knowledge of the plan of salvation.

In the vision; Jesus was in a deep ravine, looking up and west towards Jerusalem’s Eastern Gate, in the same proximity of the first altar erected by Adam outside of Eden’s eastern gate. “Large blood drops were forced from his pores moistening the sods of Gethsemane,” {ST, 12/2/1897} and there was no immediate reply from the Father in answer to His prayers. The gates of heaven were closed to Him. He had left the heavenly city’s eastern gate, to cross into the darkness of Hades, the place of the spiritually dead, to save me from my sinful nature. He was taking my part in the second death, with evil angels pressing the guilt of all my sins upon Him, as if resurrected after the thousand years with no help from the Father, Holy Spirit or heavenly angels.

This vision was so perfectly clear. I ran home to go on-line to see everything I could about the Red Heifer in Scriptures and the Spirit of Prophecy. I knew nothing on this subject except the name, which I had read in passing with no comprehension of its fulfilled meaning.

When I got home, while my computer was warming up, I turned on my TV to what I thought was the Seventh Day Adventist TV channel ‘3 ABN’, but turned out to be another Christian cable station. To my total astonishment, they where talking about the Red Heifer! I had never even heard a sermon about it before and had never put any thought into the significance of this guilt offering/ cleansing ceremony, but all of the sudden I was surrounded by the Red Heifer image. It was so imposing, and so significant.

The program that day was from a Judeo-Christian organization, and although they helped in my knowledge historically, immediately in my heart God showed me they are wrong about their interpretation of the future. The temple does not need to be rebuilt and they do not need to find another Red Heifer, because it’s already been sacrificed in the Garden of Gethsemane.

All I had been groomed for in my walk of faith was coming to a climax, warning and guiding my thoughts, leading me to perfect truth in answer to my prayer of faith.

The scriptures at first glance have very little to say about the Red Heifer; but the Spirit of Prophecy shows where this message is hidden throughout scripture, expounding upon it, having a lot to say about her. This also fits with the ‘present truth’ element of this, most mysterious of all the sacrificial offerings. Combined, there is less than half a page in scattered Scriptures about her, but several chapters dedicated in the Spirit of Prophecy.

Some may look upon this slaying of the (Red) heifer as a meaningless ceremony, but it was done by the command of God and bears a deep significance that has not lost its application to the present time.” {4T 122.1}

Continued on this blog....
http://redheifersbloodysweat.blogspot.com/2011/12/red-heifer.html

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141310
04/16/12 11:38 AM
04/16/12 11:38 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Excellent James. This turning to contemplate the sufferings of Christ is essential and is prophetic.
Quote:
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zec 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
Zec 12:13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
Zec 12:14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.
Zec 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
Zec 13:2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Charity] #141312
04/16/12 03:43 PM
04/16/12 03:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
The Lord is coming. The end of all things is at hand. There remains but little time in which to develop character.

The thief on the cross attained Christian perfection in the same way Peter, Paul, and John did, namely, by confessing his sins, repenting of his sins, crucifying his old man, and embracing Jesus as his personal Savior. And then began the lifelong journey of "perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord." Unlike the others, though, the thief didn't have much time to further develop the sinless traits of character Jesus implanted in him the moment he experienced rebirth.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #141313
04/16/12 05:51 PM
04/16/12 05:51 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Brother Mark that was perfect.

Brother M&M That is correct. The thief saw Jesus right after Gethsemane still carrying the weight of sin 'till when He died on the cross still 'cut off' from the Father.

So he saw Him in our second death and empathized with Jesus, and it caused Him pain for Jesus because he knew it was because of His sins that Jesus was suffering. This is the perfect character building exercise in verity. We must 'watch' Jesus suffering for our sins.

This is how to drink the cup that He drank, the new and everlasting covenant that was offered in the upper room, confirmed in Gethsemane and executed on the cross.

In fulfillment of prophecy the disciples slept through Gethsemane and fled from the persecution, Mark ran away from Gethsemane naked (without the robe of righteousness) and Peter denied Jesus three times that night. But this is what Mrs White said about the missed opportunity in Gethsemane for all the disciples.

Please pay close attention to this quote;

"The attitude of watching is to designate the church as God's people indeed. By this sign the waiting ones are distinguished from the world and show that they are pilgrims and strangers upon the earth… This important night-watch (in Gethsemane) should have been signalized by noble mental struggles and prayers which would have brought them strength to witness the terrible agony of the Son of God. It would have prepared them, as they should behold his sufferings upon the cross, to understand something of the nature of the overpowering anguish which he endured in the garden of Gethsemane…. He was bearing the griefs of others, for on him was laid the iniquities of us all. Through divine sympathy he connects himself to man, and submits as the representative of the race to be treated as a transgressor. He looks into the abyss of woe opened for us by our sins, and proposes to bridge the gulf with his own person. Those who cannot see the force of the sacred claims of God's law cannot have a clear and definite understanding of the atonement.”
{ST, August 14, 1879 par. 10}

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141315
04/16/12 06:07 PM
04/16/12 06:07 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
No where else in scripture did Jesus ever ask for the disciples to watch and pray for Him. There is something powerful that happened in Gethsemane that we do not even begin to understand.

Please meditate on this subject, I promise you will not be disappointed. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141321
04/17/12 01:03 AM
04/17/12 01:03 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
By beholding Christ, especially the closing scenes, we become Christlike.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #141325
04/17/12 02:36 AM
04/17/12 02:36 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Look and live; we are assailed by demons like vipers at our feet, and the only way to live is to keep our eyes on the serpent on the pole. They were told to watch even though a million snakes were crawling at their feet and falling from the sky by the truck load. Can you imagine? Woa!

By beholding we become changed. Jesus became 'sin for us' by taking our sins upon His head.

In the prophecy of Daniel 9:26 "And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. This is the moment Jesus became the serpent on the pole...and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease", by being cut off.

Numbers 21:9 'So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole. And if a serpent bit anyone, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.'

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141326
04/17/12 03:00 PM
04/17/12 03:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penitence and humiliation at the foot of the cross. {DA 83.4}

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #141330
04/17/12 04:43 PM
04/17/12 04:43 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
That's actually one of my favorite's M&M, Peace...

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!