HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,198
Posts195,591
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TruthinTypes, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Distilled Water: Good or Bad? #151669
04/08/13 01:32 AM
04/08/13 01:32 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
There are many myths out there that says that distilled water isn't good to drink.

Would you say the response to this in the following link is a valid response?

http://www.aquaprix.com/resources/from-dr-andrew-weil/

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #151679
04/08/13 03:15 PM
04/08/13 03:15 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
If you look at the osmotic potential, then yes, distilled water would leach minerals out as they would migrate from dense areas to less dense areas. While osmotic actions do affect our bodies, we are more than mere osmotic machines. We have many mechanisms which do "uphill" battles to overcome osmotic potentials. Whether drinking only distilled water over time would be harmful to one, I do not know. There may be some minerals which are absorbed. But, if that being true, then in areas where that mineral is not found, would there be health problems? Like the answer said, the best way to get your minerals is from food. A question comes to mind is, what does Ellen White mean by "pure water"? Is that purely H2O? Is that spring water? Or is that water in general instead of soft drinks?

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #151681
04/08/13 03:28 PM
04/08/13 03:28 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Distilled water is very good for you as long as it comes from a good uncontaminated source and clean distillery.

The result is almost perfect water.

I use the filtration system at Walmart which is awesome. Prefiltered, Charcoal filtered, Reverse osmosis filtered, and UV filtered. For the money, if you buy 5 gallon jugs and refill, there is no better way to get good water.

But I believe there is evidence that water that is too pure can have a leaching/ osmotic effect. And it doesn't taste as good.

To eliminate the sterile taste I add A teaspoon of Calcium/Magnesium, derived from Red Algae husks, which have the perfect Cal/mag levels for bioavailability. It is a product I used in my Bio-Smooth prebiotic blend at my smoothie shop.

This renewable calcium source is way better for us and taste better than calcium derived from sea shells (calcium carbonate)

I only put enough to bring the PPM levels to 10 ppm and this is perfect for taste.

The best water source is glacial water that has not been in circulation, or unfrozen for hundreds of years. The second best is from artesian springs, but the groundwater around the world is so contaminated now.

I live at the headwaters of the Mississippi and we have three aquifers that supply some of the best water in the midwest.

I would HATE to be living at the end of the Mississippi. The water has been processed more than 20 times and redeposited if you know what I mean. All the runoff from pig farms and companies and roadways. Millions of pounds of Medication being flushed into waterways every year etc etc. (don't mean scare anyone but it's true)

The things that are forming dioxins and toxins we do not even have a name for and no way to filter.

I used to work for Dow chemical in the reverse osmosis filter processing subsidiary called FilmTech. I learned a lot about water sustainability there.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151702
04/08/13 10:53 PM
04/08/13 10:53 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Wow Kland while I was waiting for my post to be applied after I had written it you said almost the exact same thing.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151724
04/09/13 03:04 PM
04/09/13 03:04 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Excepting I was suggesting that pure water may not actually cause harm to our bodies. That our bodies are designed to prevent any harmful leaching effect. Don't know if that's true or not. Just thinking of the kidneys and many other processes which work uphill.

How did you decide 10 ppm creates the osmotic potential so it does not potentially leach any nutrients out?

Head waters, mouth.

It's obvious you don't mean you live where the river dumps into the ocean. However, isn't that called the "mouth"? That has always mixed me up as I think of mouth as swallowing water and therefore the mouth should be where the water enters and not leaves. But does what actually it is called mean the head is not where the mouth is?

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: kland] #151742
04/10/13 01:14 AM
04/10/13 01:14 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I used to think hard drinking water was better for your health than soft because of it's mineral content. But a few years ago I noticed that Ellen White says in more than one place that soft water is better for drinking and bathing. The reason soft water is better is likely that water is a purifier; the more pure the water is the better it can do it's job. If that's so, distilled water would be fine to drink, but that level of purity is not necessary for it to do a good job. According to her soft water is fine. She doesn't make any direct comment on distilled water, but it was available in her day.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: kland] #151743
04/10/13 07:03 AM
04/10/13 07:03 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Excepting I was suggesting that pure water may not actually cause harm to our bodies. That our bodies are designed to prevent any harmful leaching effect. Don't know if that's true or not. Just thinking of the kidneys and many other processes which work uphill.

How did you decide 10 ppm creates the osmotic potential so it does not potentially leach any nutrients out?

Head waters, mouth.

It's obvious you don't mean you live where the river dumps into the ocean. However, isn't that called the "mouth"? That has always mixed me up as I think of mouth as swallowing water and therefore the mouth should be where the water enters and not leaves. But does what actually it is called mean the head is not where the mouth is?

I had to think about what you meant... (headwaters, mouth) I thought you were calling me a name at first, hahaha.

The head waters are where the river begins, the mouth the end. It is confusing and that is why I call the mouth 'the end' or usually the 'delta' in the case of Mississippi.

I also do not think there is much danger in the osmotic effect from drinking ultra pure water, except for women with extreme osteoporosis and people who have been through chemotherapy or have duodenum problems in their stomach. The Duodenum has been known to become irritated from ultrapure water in these patients, and bone problems can occur because of leaching making it harder to absorb calcium. But I would much rather know there is nothing in there than to think there is something dangerous.

But here are some facts. We have no way of filtering Many of the dangerous compounds that develop by mixing chemicals willy nilly in the rivers, and these mixtures do not register on dissolved solid ppm or EC (electrical conductivity) meters. Only the most expensive sensors can detect half of the dioxins that we know exist in the water. So keeping the source clean is most important.

I do not believe they should be taking water directly from rivers to supply potable water for drinking, it should come from underground river source or the deep ground nearby so there is a greater degree of filtration before the city processing. But the wells have been so neglected, and as soon as there is flooding there is contamination underground so the wells should be upgraded and this expensive.

I have personally seen how they filter city water for drinking in many facilities and I would not drink anything from the tap in any city around the world except very few places in America.

You might as well bring water with you to Mexico or any third world country because of the damage already done to their waters. (guess who is responsible for most of the damage?)

I live in a town which has won many awards for clean drinking water in Minnesota, I'm proud of that point. I wouldn't drink from the tap in New York City or Washington DC if you paid me to.

I have mentioned this before but James White loved cutting edge technology and because they traveled so much, he always carried an activated charcoal water filtration jug with him, so they could remain healthy.

They always boiled their water and filtered it.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Charity] #151749
04/10/13 02:15 PM
04/10/13 02:15 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
What does she mean by "soft water"? Sodium Chloride softening system? Or soft rain water?

Getting to the original plan, before the flood, would one expect there to be many minerals in the streams?

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: kland] #151754
04/10/13 06:19 PM
04/10/13 06:19 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
She meant it in the way they did in general back then, water uncontaminated by heavy iron/ mineral deposits. Mainly that good well water was softer than bad well water. They noticed the difference a lot in their travels. She loved the Water in Michigan and California.

She did say rain water makes a good source of soft water, but that it also needs to be boiled and filtered.

They didn't have sodium chloride water softeners back then yet.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Charity] #151763
04/11/13 06:42 AM
04/11/13 06:42 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
So glad that the best and softest water comes right out of our tap without any filtering. So delicious without an equal. The water comes from a spring where the water comes straight out of the earth by a mountain.

Just a few hundred yards from our house flows a river straight from some of the largest glaciers of Europe. Nowhere is glacial water drinkable because glaciers have been collecting dust and mud for centuries and rivers and creeks from these glaciers consist of melted ancient snow and ice. This water flows into the Atlantic Ocean where it evaporates into the clouds and returns to earth through rain, which is naturally distilled water, provided there is no industrial or other dust in the clouds.

Last edited by Johann; 04/11/13 06:44 AM.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:41 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!