HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: APL] #152545
05/20/13 01:17 AM
05/20/13 01:17 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Well there is no advantage if we have the same power to fill and sanctify and help us overcome, and we do...

John 3
King James Version (KJV)
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Whether it happens at the womb or after you are born, we have the same power available to us. Thus Christ had no advantage..

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Last edited by Rick H; 05/20/13 01:20 AM.
Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: Rick H] #152546
05/20/13 01:45 AM
05/20/13 01:45 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
And note the words in both John 3 and 1 Peter 1, being "born again", not of corruptible "seed", but incorruptible. And contrast that with Genesis 3:14-18.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: Alpendave] #152558
05/20/13 03:51 PM
05/20/13 03:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Dave Mullbock
At what point in our lives do we need Jesus' death on the cross to cover us? In other words, do newborns who die before committing acts of sin inherit eternal life on the basis of their innocence or on the basis of Jesus substitutionary death on their behalf? Had Jesus failed in His mission, would infants who died before sinning still inherit eternal life, or be lost with those whose sin, on the part of Jesus' hypothetical failure, could never be covered?
Of course if Jesus had failed, then do you think any one would be born? Do you think there would "be" anyone? Not sure the hypothetical question could possibly have a hypothetical answer.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: kland] #152562
05/20/13 06:30 PM
05/20/13 06:30 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
"Jesus' death on the cross" covers us? What? How does that happen? It does not. That might be true if we are in legal trouble. But we are not in legal trouble. We are in real trouble.

"The atonement of Christ is not a mere skillful way to have our sins pardoned; it is a divine remedy for the cure of transgression and the restoration of spiritual health. It is the heaven-ordained means by which the righteousness of Christ may be not only upon us, but in our hearts and characters."--Letter 406, 1906. {7ABC 464.2}

We must be born again. If Christ' death "covers us", then legally everyone is "off the hook". No need to be "born again". But that is not the case.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: Rick H] #152579
05/21/13 09:56 PM
05/21/13 09:56 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Rick H
So if man, though created perfect and in God's image, and placed in a perfect environment, through Adam and Eve became transgressors of Gods Law and inherited sin, how did Jesus who became fully flesh, not have sin at birth.

His Father was ... different from everyone else's.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: asygo] #152580
05/21/13 09:59 PM
05/21/13 09:59 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
So if man, though created perfect and in God's image, and placed in a perfect environment, through Adam and Eve became transgressors of Gods Law and inherited sin, how did Jesus who became fully flesh, not have sin at birth.

That takes care of half of the issue. And knowing how mobile genetic elements move, that half would have been fully "infected" by the time He was born.

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: asygo] #152581
05/22/13 12:23 AM
05/22/13 12:23 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA

No, I strongly disagree, God is our Father also. Christ made that clear, and we are His children, so Christ was no different in that respect. Now, God in His great wisdom chooses as he pleases, and when the Holy Spirit comes and fills and makes strong even from the womb, who are we to question it.

Romans 11:33-34
King James Version (KJV)
33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: Rick H] #152621
05/25/13 03:20 AM
05/25/13 03:20 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

No, I strongly disagree, God is our Father also. Christ made that clear, and we are His children, so Christ was no different in that respect.

I strongly disagree with your disagreement. smile

John 8:39-47 is pretty clear that we do the deeds of our father. And remembering the days of my youth, and hearing the stories of my exploits as an infant and toddler, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that God was not my father. At least not for a significant portion of my life.

It is not correct to say, as many writers have said, that Christ was like all children. He was not like all children. Many children are misguided and mismanaged. But Joseph, and especially Mary, kept before them the remembrance of their child's divine Fatherhood. Jesus was instructed in accordance with the sacred character of His mission. His inclination to right was a constant gratification to His parents. {SD 134.3}

He talked and acted like other children and youth, except that He did no wrong. Sin found no place in His life. Ever He lived in an atmosphere of heavenly purity. . . . {TMK 30.4}

You may have had a vastly more positive experience, but I can say with certainty that Jesus was different from me.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: asygo] #152622
05/25/13 03:29 AM
05/25/13 03:29 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Plus, how many virgin births have there been? How many people have come into existence without the benefit of a human father and mother? I can only think of 3.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Reply Quote
Re: Was Jesus born without sin? [Re: asygo] #152626
05/25/13 06:20 AM
05/25/13 06:20 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
[quote=Rick H]So if man, though created perfect and in God's image, and placed in a perfect environment, through Adam and Eve became transgressors of Gods Law and inherited sin, how did Jesus who became fully flesh, not have sin at birth.

No, I strongly disagree, God is our Father also. Christ made that clear, and we are His children, so Christ was no different in that respect.

I strongly disagree with your disagreement. smile

John 8:39-47 is pretty clear that we do the deeds of our father. And remembering the days of my youth, and hearing the stories of my exploits as an infant and toddler, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that God was not my father. At least not for a significant portion of my life.

It is not correct to say, as many writers have said, that Christ was like all children. He was not like all children. Many children are misguided and mismanaged. But Joseph, and especially Mary, kept before them the remembrance of their child's divine Fatherhood. Jesus was instructed in accordance with the sacred character of His mission. His inclination to right was a constant gratification to His parents. {SD 134.3}

He talked and acted like other children and youth, except that He did no wrong. Sin found no place in His life. Ever He lived in an atmosphere of heavenly purity. . . . {TMK 30.4}

You may have had a vastly more positive experience, but I can say with certainty that Jesus was different from me.

By being born again we too can have the same 'inclination to right' and 'live in an atmosphere of heavenly purity', that is the key. Yet we don't ask for the transformation of the Holy Spirit, we don't seek the rebirth of the Spirit, we are too content to know about the 'theory' and don't put into action the 'gift' that we have available to be born again and be like Christ. Christ had the advantage from birth that we can also have and that is where we must choose just like Nicodemus..

Last edited by Rick H; 05/25/13 06:22 AM.
Reply Quote
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!