HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: APL] #152926
06/06/13 12:51 PM
06/06/13 12:51 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Doing justice = doing the right thing. Are you saying God does not use Capital Punishment? YOU have been saying all along that God does use Capital Punishment. YOU say He has to because sin certainly is not the cause of death. Doing the right thing is when God gives each man his freedom. Freedom to destroy themselves by indulging in sin. Sin pays it wage, death. God's wrath is when God gives up the sinner to let sin do what sin does, destroy and kill. Romans 1, James 1:15.

APL,

You can only support such views as you have by ignoring a tremendous weight of evidence to the contrary. You twist what other people say, and especially what God Himself says, so that it can fit your views. You malign the motives particularly. This is exactly what Satan also does. Satan claims that God is unjust, harsh and severe. He says God is "arbitrary." But God is not arbitrary in His judgments. He judges justly. An arbitrary judgment is one that is without good reason. But God has plenty of reason. His judgments are frequently tempered with mercy so that the sinner does not even receive all that he deserves. When God finally eradicates sin and sinners forever, it will have been no arbitrary act, but one done in the strictest sense of justice, righteousness, fairness and love. Yes, love. God's love demands that He put sinners to death.

The Bible speaks multitudes about God's justice and judgment. They are both part of His love and mercy. It is merciful for God to do what He does, even when that means ending the lives of sinners. This is called His "strange act" by Ellen White because it will be unusual to see God do this. Yet, it is completely in accordance with His character of love. Mrs. White tells us this.

You twist the matter to make it seem as though we think God takes delight in "torturing" the sinners. This makes it seem as though God must have some hideous, Satanic expression on His face as sinners burn in hell. Nothing could be further from the truth. God takes no delight in their deaths. Just the same, they must die. They must receive their wages for sin, for they have not accepted the atonement of Christ's sacrifice on their behalf through obedience to His commandments. Their punishment and death is completely in line with God's righteous character of love.

I believe that this two-fold unity between God's love and God's justice is part of the third angel's message. Until we understand it properly, we will never be able to give the trumpet a "certain sound" in proclaiming the message as we ought.

I will be first to acknowledge that I am not always a good Christian. I do not always represent God the way I should. I may not always portray His character in its proper light. Nonetheless, I am fully persuaded of these things which I attempt to share with you here. These are truths, important truths, not only for me and you, but for all people.

Consider this portion of the third angel's message:

Originally Posted By: The Bible
14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

The message actually starts with this important foundational truth that the "wrath of God" will be "poured out without mixture," meaning without mercy, upon anyone who has worshiped the beast or his image. Why start here? This is an important thing. It is part of an important message.

Satan is campaigning hard against this message.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: Green Cochoa] #152929
06/06/13 01:22 PM
06/06/13 01:22 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
God's wrath is when God gives up the sinner to let sin do what sin does, destroy and kill.

In fact, as I have already said before, I don't see a great difference between killing the sinner and giving up the sinner knowing that this will result in his death. This is aggravated by the fact that God will raise the sinner so that he may be destroyed by sin. So I don't see how you can deny an intentional element on God's part in the death of the wicked.

Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: Green Cochoa] #152930
06/06/13 01:25 PM
06/06/13 01:25 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
An arbitrary judgment is one that is without good reason. But God has plenty of reason.
Would you say the Inquisitors had a good reason, at least in their minds? Would you kill me if you had a good reason?

Quote:
His judgments are frequently tempered with mercy so that the sinner does not even receive all that he deserves. When God finally eradicates sin and sinners forever, it will have been no arbitrary act, but one done in the strictest sense of justice, righteousness, fairness and love. Yes, love. God's love demands that He put sinners to death.
And all those he is torturing will call out?:
We feel Your love. Please, stop loving us so much.

Can you kill someone out of love? Would you kill me out of your love for me?

Quote:
You twist the matter to make it seem as though we think God takes delight in "torturing" the sinners. This makes it seem as though God must have some hideous, Satanic expression on His face as sinners burn in hell.
So you do say He IS going to torture sinners. Tell me, if someone tortures someone, is it not because he gets some sort of "delight" in doing it?

Quote:
Nothing could be further from the truth. God takes no delight in their deaths. Just the same, they must die. They must receive their wages for sin, for they have not accepted the atonement of Christ's sacrifice on their behalf through obedience to His commandments.
But the question is, do sinners die as a cause and effect of their sin or is it because God kills them? Do you, as some say, believe that sin would have killed the sinner, but God steps in before that happens, tortures them, and then kills them before sin would have? If that is not taking delight in it, I don't know what would be.

Do you believe Hitler took delight in torturing people before finally killing them or was that, "showing his love"?

Quote:
Their punishment and death is completely in line with God's righteous character of love.
What's the purpose of punishment? Does it fit here?

Quote:
I believe that this two-fold unity between God's love and God's justice is part of the third angel's message.
So you say love is not "justice". You imply justice is the opposite or opposed to love. Therefore, God could not be executing justice out of love, right?

What is "justice"? Use Biblical definitions, not yours.

Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: Rosangela] #152937
06/06/13 07:19 PM
06/06/13 07:19 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:
God's wrath is when God gives up the sinner to let sin do what sin does, destroy and kill.

In fact, as I have already said before, I don't see a great difference between killing the sinner and giving up the sinner knowing that this will result in his death. This is aggravated by the fact that God will raise the sinner so that he may be destroyed by sin. So I don't see how you can deny an intentional element on God's part in the death of the wicked.
Many who use your argument equate this with God pulling the plug, and letting the patient (sinner) die. When in reality, this is not what God does. God stopped putting the plug back in. We are continually pulling the plug, and He puts it back in. In the end, when all the questions are answered, God will say to the sinner, "thy will be done".

What is usually ignored in all this, is that who is on trial? Us? Yes. Anyone else? YES. God is on trial. God is being judged. This is the basis of what is called the Great Controversy. Controversy over what? God and His government and character. Roman 2:4 says it is the kindness of God that draws us to repentance. Romans 3:4 says may you prevail when YOU are judged. EGW {DA 58.1} says "God will stand clear of blame for the existence or continuance of evil. It will be demonstrated that the divine decrees are not accessory to sin. There was no defect in God's government, no cause for disaffection."

I'm glad you see the disconnect in raising the sinner in order that God can then punish/torture/kill the sinner. That makes God out to be a severe judge, and exacting creditor, with stern justice. There has to be another reason that sinners are raised.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: APL] #152942
06/06/13 09:05 PM
06/06/13 09:05 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
I'm glad you see the disconnect in raising the sinner in order that God can then punish/torture/kill the sinner. That makes God out to be a severe judge, and exacting creditor, with stern justice. There has to be another reason that sinners are raised.

AFAIK, they will be raised to face judgment, and the weight of their sins, in the light of God's glory, will kill them.

Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: Rosangela] #153491
06/22/13 10:28 AM
06/22/13 10:28 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is also my understanding that they will be raised to face judgement and the execution of that judgement, which is referred to as part of the executive phase of the IJ.

It's when they receive the wages of sin, which is the 2nd death in the Lake of Fire.

Why else would they be raised back to life?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: Daryl] #153668
06/26/13 03:29 PM
06/26/13 03:29 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Daryl

I haven't seen a good response from APL on that question yet. I think I've seen him trying to say that it is the second death that is the one caused by sin--but I'm not sure what he was saying, because it didn't make a lot of sense to me. If the second (or third) death is the one that is caused by "sin," what causes the first one?

I don't think he can answer this one easily.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153676
06/26/13 04:07 PM
06/26/13 04:07 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Do you think they are raised to serve as examples for those who are saved? Sin doesn't raise a second time, so maybe some fear in the saved will prevent it?

Or does it answer some question about a 2nd chance?

Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153677
06/26/13 04:26 PM
06/26/13 04:26 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: Daryl

I haven't seen a good response from APL on that question yet. I think I've seen him trying to say that it is the second death that is the one caused by sin--but I'm not sure what he was saying, because it didn't make a lot of sense to me. If the second (or third) death is the one that is caused by "sin," what causes the first one?

I don't think he can answer this one easily.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Do you have a specific reason for asking such a question? How is that related to this subject?

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Does God Create Evil or Does God Permit Evil? [Re: kland] #153687
06/27/13 03:15 AM
06/27/13 03:15 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
Do you think they are raised to serve as examples for those who are saved? Sin doesn't raise a second time, so maybe some fear in the saved will prevent it?

Or does it answer some question about a 2nd chance?

I don't think it is to be an example to the saved, particularly. Although that's an interesting thought that had never occurred to me. I think it is more of a "tying up loose ends" in terms of putting a final finish to sin. Those who have been found on God's side receive their rewards, and those on the enemies' side receive theirs. Their reward is not sufficiently "just" in their first death.

For example, what kind of havoc did Hitler create? What kinds of torture, experimentation, and death did he cause for millions of people? Yet how did he die? His death was rather painless and quick. Is this "just?" Does it really matter to us how he died? Does it matter to the watching universe? to God? I think it does. I think justice needs to be served. God tells us that vengeance is His, and that He will repay.

Originally Posted By: The Bible
Isaiah
59:15 Yea, truth faileth; and he [that] departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw [it], and it displeased him that [there was] no judgment.
59:16 And he saw that [there was] no man, and wondered that [there was] no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance [for] clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.
59:18 According to [their] deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompense to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompense.
59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

God is not satisfied with a lack of judgment and justice. He is a God of justice and judgment, along with grace, mercy and truth. All of these are components of "love."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!