HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 46 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 45 46
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: dedication] #153802
06/30/13 02:14 PM
06/30/13 02:14 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
To take God's love to the extreme where He will not punish nor execute justice is simply promoting the modern misconception of love.

So many parents today no longer punish their children because they are told it is unloving. As a result we see a harvest of self-willed, uncooperative kids.

Due to some parents punishing in anger and abusive violence,(which is wrong) it is now to the point where a quick slap on the hands of a child who doesn't understand "don't" is considered wrong.

Thus -- we look at mankind's unjust, self willed vengeance and violence, and inhumanity against others, and attribute that to any idea of God punishing.
But God is perfectly righteous and just, as well as merciful and long suffering. When iniquity reaches a point of no return, God will deliver His people and put a full STOP to wickedness.
There is a difference with disciplining a child and killing a child. There is no changing a child if you kill them. We are talking about the end. Ellen White is clear, God is not the executioner of the sentence against transgression. What is the sentence? The second death. Do sinner's die the second death? Oh yes! I do not accept's green's interpretation of EGW's statement, that we should not see God as the executioner, and then confirm that fact that he is!

Righteousness cannot be demonstrated through ANY violence, Isaiah 53:9; Hebrews 7:26; Matthew 5:39-48, and in the end all will understand this about God, 2 Corinthians 3:18; Isaiah 60:1-3. And at the end of time on this earth, with all it's violence and corruption, the righteous will give testimony to the truth about God in their own lives, Revelation 18:1; Isaiah 40:9.

God is the subject of investigation. In the end all minds will come to the understanding that the sources of life and death are utterly exclusive in their relative offerings. In other words, neither can give an iota of what the other has to offer. The outcome of this investigation reveals an absolute: “Satan is the destroyer; God is the restorer” {MH 113} This verdict serves to secure the eternal allegiance of the righteous and the eternal destiny of all the created inhabitants of the universe.

---Scripture References--------------------------------------

Isaiah 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Matthew 5:39-48 But I say to you, That you resist not evil: but whoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue you at the law, and take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. 41 And whoever shall compel you to go a mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him that asks you, and from him that would borrow of you turn not you away. 43 You have heard that it has been said, You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy. 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love them which love you, what reward have you? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if you salute your brothers only, what do you more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen on you. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise on you, and his glory shall be seen on you. 3 And the Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

Isaiah 40:9 O Zion, that bring good tidings, get you up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bring good tidings, lift up your voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say to the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: APL] #153807
06/30/13 04:04 PM
06/30/13 04:04 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
God is the restorer.
He has emptied heaven to enable our restoration.

However, in order to restore that which cannot be restored must be removed.

And when sin reaches the point of no return, God will put a FULL STOP --END to all sin and those who insist on clinging to sin.

Originally Posted By: EGW
Jesus is about to leave the mercy seat of the heavenly sanctuary, to put on garments of vengeance, and pour out His wrath in judgments upon those who have not responded to the light God has given them. "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil." Ecclesiastes 8:11. Instead of being softened by the patience and long forbearance that the Lord has exercised toward them, those who fear not God and love not the truth, strengthen their hearts in their evil course. But there are limits even to the forbearance of God, and many are exceeding these boundaries. They have overrun the limits of grace, and therefore God must interfere and vindicate His honor. {CET 185.3}

Destruction of the wicked is not an arbitrary decision of God.

Those who chose Christ and salvation have chosen LIFE.
Those who chose sin and reject salvation have chosen DEATH.

But when the wicked seek to reverse that by setting out to kill all God's faithful, God will step in and end their madness.
Both just prior to the second coming, the wicked seek to destroy all God's faithful;
And after the 1000 years the wicked march on God's city with the intent of tearing God Himself from the throne and destroying all His faithful -- conquer the city and re-establish satan's rule.

It is at these two points that God steps in and puts a full stop to their agenda. After the 1000 years the rebellion will have fully shown itself for what it is, and God will cleanse the earth of sin and those who cling to sin. Thus fully restoring not only every person who availed themselves of God's wonderful gift of life, but also restoring the earth to paradise -- beautiful, harmonious, and eternally safe.

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: dedication] #153811
06/30/13 06:32 PM
06/30/13 06:32 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
So God must be a destroyer in order to be a restorer. God it. :-(

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: APL] #153812
06/30/13 10:08 PM
06/30/13 10:08 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Just returned from Camp Meeting.

So refreshing and a blessing to listen to a young preacher using Scripture to show especially the young people how your concept of God sorts out those bewildering evaluations of quotations and in faith you see your Creator and Redeemer in worship, adoration and praise.

The greatest of the commandments is this:

Mark 12:30
and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Breaking this, the first - the greatest - of all all the commandments results in the greatest "punishment" of all: it breaks the connection with the life giver and results is no life.

With this commandment in your life experience your life becomes a living prayer:

Matthew 6:13
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: APL] #153827
07/01/13 02:15 PM
07/01/13 02:15 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
So God must be a destroyer in order to be a restorer.

APL, what is God's "strange act"?

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153830
07/01/13 04:40 PM
07/01/13 04:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
APL, I would urge you not to turn your face from truth. Accept it. Truth will be healing to your soul.

Yes, APL, I have long accepted this truth already that God destroys the wicked.
Green, As I understand, APL does not believe God kills and destroys. You are urging him to accept "truth". This so called "truth" you wish him to accept is that God does kill and destroy.

Do you imagine him saying, Green, you are so right. God is the killer and the destroyer. I realize my thinking and leading others to a loving God who is not the destroyer is a sin. I realize my sin would destroy me at the end, but right before it does, God steps in and destroys me. I feel much better now.

Tell us, how will APL accepting that bring healing to his soul?

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: kland] #153831
07/01/13 04:41 PM
07/01/13 04:41 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
, you will find that God consumes the wicked.
Who killed Saul?

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153832
07/01/13 04:48 PM
07/01/13 04:48 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
APL,

It might surprise you, but I do not picture God as an executioner. I also do not picture myself as a mechanic, even though I have done mechanics more than once in my life and will likely have to do more. I don't enjoy it. I'm not a "mechanic" by trade, profession, nor choice. Instead, I am a teacher and church-planter by trade.

This is God's role of "executioner." He is not an executioner by desire, by occupation, nor by habit. This is not His ordinary role. This is why it is called His "strange act."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Ok, God is not an executioner because He doesn't desire to be, but He acts as one?

Ummm....?

So, likewise, would you say Hitler was not an executioner, because he didn't like killing people, but only wanted to eliminate certain ones who disagreed with him?

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: Rosangela] #153833
07/01/13 04:49 PM
07/01/13 04:49 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Quote:
So God must be a destroyer in order to be a restorer.

APL, what is God's "strange act"?
Do you see God's strange act as His wrath? When is His wrath complete?

Re: What is the Wrath of God? [Re: kland] #153836
07/01/13 05:08 PM
07/01/13 05:08 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
God's wrath is against sin.
God's strange act is something God is forced to do, it's something He wouldn't like to do.

Page 11 of 46 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 45 46

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!