HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, Daryl, dedication, 3 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Vegan Patties #153965
07/06/13 10:34 AM
07/06/13 10:34 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
My wife came up with a vegan patty which has helped me with my diabetes. Here is the recipe she wrote out for me to share and she varies the amounts of the ingredient's depending on if one patty or 20 for a potluck so she uses rule of thumb: blush

So for a slew of patties...

A load of Oatmeal

A bunch of Pecans grinded or Pecan meal

A good amount of refried beans or cooked lentils

A large Onion chopped fine

A full Garlic grinded or chopped

A shake of Italian Spices like Oregano etc..

A pinch of Olive Oil.....

Then mix together and shape into a round patty and bake till crispy or can fry for 5 minutes.

Put into a wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, and other vegie fixings and wait for the flavor to make your mouth water.......

Re: Vegan Patties [Re: Rick H] #153967
07/06/13 11:20 AM
07/06/13 11:20 AM
D
daylily  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

USA
That sounds good! I can't eat onions or garlic so I always have to sub some other herb or seasoning and I'm sure they never taste quite as good as the original with the onions and garlic! I used to eat them and loved them.

Re: Vegan Patties [Re: daylily] #153996
07/07/13 05:17 PM
07/07/13 05:17 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I can't eat onions and garlic either, so this means I can't eat anywhere, for everybody uses them to cook.

Re: Vegan Patties [Re: Rosangela] #154002
07/08/13 01:47 AM
07/08/13 01:47 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
I can't eat onions and garlic either, so this means I can't eat anywhere, for everybody uses them to cook.
Why are onions and garlic so problematic as they have many good affects, are they too strong or is it people don't like them?

Last edited by Rick H; 07/08/13 01:47 AM.
Re: Vegan Patties [Re: Rick H] #154012
07/08/13 05:07 PM
07/08/13 05:07 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Yes, I too would like to know what, "I can't eat onions or garlic", means.

Re: Vegan Patties [Re: kland] #154026
07/09/13 09:52 AM
07/09/13 09:52 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Well some people cant eat or drink dairy products because they are missing the enzyme's that break them down, might be the same with onions and garlic.

But they have health benefits which make them important in our diet.."a recent study showed that less than one clove a day may cut prostate-cancer risk in half, and other research links garlic to a lowered incidence of stomach, colon and possibly breast cancers, that all depends on its preparation, says John A. Milner, chief of the Nutritional Science Research Group at the National Cancer Institute."

"onions are an ace ally in your fight against disease. A prized member of the lily family, they lavish you with health benefits while adding oodles of taste to your food.

A quick glimpse at their incredible health benefits:
The phytochemicals in onions improve the working of Vitamin C in the body, thus gifting you with improved immunity.
Onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar.
For centuries, onions have been used to reduce inflammation and heal infections.
Do you enjoy sliced onions with your food? If yes, rejoice! Raw onion encourages the production of good cholesterol (HDL), thus keeping your heart healthy.
A powerful compound called quercetin in onions is known to play a significant role in preventing cancer.
Got bitten by a honeybee? Apply onion juice on the area for immediate relief from the pain and burning sensation.
Onions scavenge free radicals, thereby reducing your risk of developing gastric ulcers.
Those bright green tops of green onions are rich in Vitamin A, so do use them often."

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/8-great-reasons-to-eat-more-onions.html#ixzz2YXbIjfgR

Last edited by Rick H; 07/09/13 09:58 AM.
Re: Vegan Patties [Re: Rick H] #154027
07/09/13 10:03 AM
07/09/13 10:03 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Onions and garlic are the two most sulfuric foods available to those on a vegan diet. Sulfur is a detoxifier. It helps to chelate out poisons from the body. If one has a significant amount of toxins in the body, eating high-sulfur foods like garlic may mobilize them in the body, and cause all sorts of adverse reactions. Similarly, toxins can be stored in fat cells in the body, and it can make a person feel ill while losing weight, because the toxins are then released back into the bloodstream.

Sometimes, an adverse reaction to something like onion or garlic can indicate a high body-burden of toxins. This is not true, however, for every case. Some people may simply have an allergy to them, or perhaps there are reactions to the onions or garlic such as painful bloating or gas. Raw onions will likely produce more of this sort of problem than cooked ones. Either form will have nearly the same amount of sulfur, however, so if one wishes to have the benefit of the sulfur without the side effects of the raw onion, try cooking it.

For some reason, eggs are usually tolerated by the body better than onions or garlic. Eggs have about ten times as much sulfur, ounce for ounce, as garlic, and it is much more digestible. This is why Mrs. White recommends eggs for removing poisons from the body.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Vegan Patties [Re: Green Cochoa] #154029
07/09/13 03:34 PM
07/09/13 03:34 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Doesn't seem very specific. Hopefully one who made the statement will say why "they can't eat" onions or garlic.

But there does seem to be a few contradictions with what you said. If the reason people don't eat them is because they chelate poisons out of the body, wouldn't that be all the more reason they should eat them?

Second, if their sulfur content causes a high body-burden of toxins which causes an adverse reaction, then why wouldn't eating eggs with ten times the sulfur content (which you said Ellen White recommends for removing poisons, implying above all other things), cause an even higher body-burden of toxins. Something does not compute here. Other than you stated previously that you think eating eggs are necessary....

Re: Vegan Patties [Re: kland] #154031
07/09/13 04:01 PM
07/09/13 04:01 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
Doesn't seem very specific. Hopefully one who made the statement will say why "they can't eat" onions or garlic.

But there does seem to be a few contradictions with what you said. If the reason people don't eat them is because they chelate poisons out of the body, wouldn't that be all the more reason they should eat them?

Second, if their sulfur content causes a high body-burden of toxins which causes an adverse reaction, then why wouldn't eating eggs with ten times the sulfur content (which you said Ellen White recommends for removing poisons, implying above all other things), cause an even higher body-burden of toxins. Something does not compute here. Other than you stated previously that you think eating eggs are necessary....

kland,

Those are good questions. As to the first one, being that eating high-sulfur foods should help people who have the toxins, you are right. The problem is, if you have the toxins, and if you eat the onions and the sulfur mobilizes those toxins back into the bloodstream and you get a migraine headache, how inclined would you be to feel that eating the onions was healthful in your case?

This is a very real condition with some patients. I have an uncle who could attest to this. He took some other steps to get certain toxins out of his body, and now he can actually smell an onion without getting a headache. He had no desire to ease into the onions, but if the onions only caused a problem on account of their sulfur, and not from any allergy or other food-sensitivity issue, then in theory a person could start with very small doses and gradually work up to eating more.

Your second question regarding the body-burden of toxins seems to not fully comprehend what I intended to express earlier. The sulfur does not "cause" a high body-burden of toxins. The sulfur only helps to mobilize those toxins in the body so that they can be excreted more readily. The sulfur is not itself a toxin. As for eating eggs in place of onions, it has something to do with the form in which the sulfur is packaged. Eggs are more tolerable for many people. They have B-vitamins, enzymes, proteins, etc. which are not in onions. In fact, any form of meat also has high sulfur levels.

Eggs and meat have a more usable-form of sulfur in them. Inorganic sulfur would be useless to the body, a toxin itself, in fact. But there are various forms of organic sulfur, and they can be found in various enzymes, amino acids, and proteins. A site I found that gives more detail about this from an expert in the field is this one: http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/SULFUR.htm.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Vegan Patties [Re: kland] #154034
07/09/13 09:26 PM
07/09/13 09:26 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:

They are nauseating to me (both raw and cooked). According to my mother, this happens since I was first introduced to them as a baby.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!