HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: Green Cochoa] #185125
09/13/17 04:05 AM
09/13/17 04:05 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

Originally Posted By: kland
Or are you emphasizing "damage"? Meaning, as more and more people build more and more things, smaller hurricanes will do more economic "damage".

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/08/hurricane-irma-florida-215586

Quote: The first Americans to spend much time in South Florida were the U.S. Army men who chased the Seminole Indians around the peninsula in the 1830s. And they hated it. Today, their letters read like Yelp reviews of an arsenic café, denouncing the region as a “hideous,” “loathsome,” “diabolical,” “God-abandoned” mosquito refuge.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: Green Cochoa] #185126
09/13/17 05:01 AM
09/13/17 05:01 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

It's not about "A" event, its about massive devastation of lives generated by MANY events in rapid succession, and seeing more of such events packed into each year.

And yes, this year quite a few of these events have, in their own way achieved record levels of power of destruction.

And yes, it's about shattering people's lives.
That "economic" damage, is personal damage, taking away everything you depended upon for a reasonable life -- your home, and everything in it, your mode of travel. You may think, it's just rich people and they can afford to lose their stuff, but the majority are poor people, struggling to make ends meet, who have lost everything.

God's protection is slowly being withdrawn from the earth.

According to the NCEI during the years 1980–2016 the annual average of extreme weather events was 5.5 events per year.

In America 2017 there have already been 12 major extreme weather events.

Hailstorms May and June some as big as baseballs! Severe enough to kill sheep and other small animals.
Severe flooding in Missouri, Arkansas and southern Illinois in the spring.
Flooding in California.
Two outbreaks of Tornados --Over 70 tornadoes developed during a widespread outbreak across many central and southern states causing significant damage.
Wildfires burning up the country side, destroying farms and threatening more homes. Nearly one million acres burned in Montana (and counting). People are losing their homes, their land, their livestock, their farms, etc... Smoke is so bad in many areas that people can't go outside. And Montana isn't the only state. Fires are very bad this year in the states and western Canada, and this has been going on for MONTHS.

An 8.2 earthquake off Mexico.

There have already been six named hurricanes this season: Franklin, Gert, Harvey, Irma, Jose and Katia.

Hurricane Harvey -- brought widespread flooding
Hurricane Irma -- wrecked extreme damage to several Caribbean Islands, and the Key islands, substantial damage to Florida, with flooding to the north of Florida.
Hurricane Jose is still churning in the Atlantic and may yet bring more flooding and destruction.

I think there were a lot of praying people in Florida, that they didn't suffer far worse damage than they did. It could have been far worse for them. Florida may owe much to the minority of earnestly praying citizenship,

Quote:
Were those who served God removed from the earth, and His Spirit withdrawn from among men, this world would be left to desolation and destruction, the fruit of Satan's dominion. Though the wicked know it not, they owe even the blessings of this life to the presence, in the world, of God's people

Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: Green Cochoa] #185127
09/13/17 05:02 AM
09/13/17 05:02 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
"Fierce and awful tempests leave destruction and death in their wake. The devouring fire lays low the desolate forest and the crowded city. ... Hurricanes, earthquakes, sword and famine, follow in quick succession. Yet the hearts of men are hardened. They recognize not the warning voice of God. They will not flee to the only refuge from the gathering storm. {5T 234.1}

Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: dedication] #185130
09/13/17 04:39 PM
09/13/17 04:39 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
God's protection is slowly being withdrawn from the earth.
Yes, I agree with that. And it does seem that past hurricanes have not killed as many and this past one is killing more. I don't know, I haven't seen the numbers, not sure how you could really compare the deaths today to that of 1924. If no one is living in an area that's devastated by a hurricane, does that count less than a tornado killing thousands? If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

I had already mentioned about personal effects. But that's not what I'm talking about.

Please show some evidence of
"It's not about "A" event, its about massive devastation of lives generated by MANY events in rapid succession, and seeing more of such events packed into each year."

Talk is cheap. Evidence is hard. But if you are going to talk about extreme weather, about it "getting worse", then stay with evidence of weather, not emotion. Just the facts, ma'am.

Quote:

According to the NCEI during the years 1980–2016 the annual average of extreme weather events was 5.5 events per year.
From that, we know that before 1980, there may or may not have been worse weather. Why was the range used? Why were previous years not included unless something is being kept back, being hidden?

Is it as others have said, that that was all that was "conveniently available on the Internet"?
1980 was not the first hurricane ever, though it may have been the highest wind speed.

Quote:
People are losing their homes, their land, their livestock, their farms, etc...
Again, forget about economic damage. Do Indians losing a tepee not mean as much as someone today losing a mansion? That is not under debate. That is elitism. We are not talking about that. We are talking about weather, not what someone values as the economic loss.

If you're talking about weather being more extreme, show some evidence. You could start out by listing all hurricanes of category 5 or more and their years.

Would you agree that would be a reasonable thing to do, to list them and let people draw their own conclusions from the evidence rather than telling the people what conclusion they should believe without the evidence?

Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: Green Cochoa] #185134
09/14/17 02:26 AM
09/14/17 02:26 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Why are you so full of arguments?
Is it really life "as usual" and God is not calling us to " recognize the warning voice of God, so people will not flee to the only refuge from the gathering storm. {5T 234.1}

Yes, this is about people's lives being devastated and loosing the earthly securities -- it's not about mansions, but rather all the thousands of humble dwellings that have been destroyed by flood, high winds, fire and earthquake-- those driven from these humble dwellings are the ones that suffer the most -- no matter if it's black, white, red, brown or yellow skinned people -- the color of skin is NOT the issue, they are all PEOPLE. I posted we should not ignore the devastation of the floods and other events in Asia that are happening, -- if you really want facts, start digging and the see how millions are suffering.

The devastation of people's lives is the FACTS that signal God's protection being removed.

An earthquake off in the north pole that affects no one, even if it's completely off the scale as the most severe, really isn't much of an issue.

Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: Green Cochoa] #185138
09/14/17 01:47 PM
09/14/17 01:47 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Dedication, you changed the premise. You're not talking about Extreme Weather getting worse. You're talking about people suffering more. Nothing about the intensity of the weather.

That's called bait and switch. A global warming tactic. Yes, it is a FACT that the price of eggs is higher in China. But that has nothing to do with weather intensity. I take it you are admitting that the weather hasn't changed, but more people are suffering from it.

It's like someone shoots a bullet across a football stadium. If no one is there, the risk factor is near 0. If it is packed with people, the risk factor is near 100. But the factors of shooting bullet have NOT changed.

Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: kland] #185140
09/15/17 03:07 AM
09/15/17 03:07 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Dedication, you changed the premise. You're not talking about Extreme Weather getting worse. You're talking about people suffering more.

Maybe you are just mixing up what I've said with what some others may have said.

I have not switched MY premise at all. It's been pretty consistent.

My first post on this thread:

Originally Posted By: dedication 10/09/16 12:21
Hurricane Matthew shows hurricane destruction getting worse, the Caribbean Islands, and Southern East Coast of USA suffered the fury of extreme weather!

In the next post I did comment on the ongoing fires in western Canada where I happen to live -- the threat and the reality of "getting burned out" does seem to be more major in the last few years. It is fact that 2017 was the worst fire season in my entire lifetime.

Originally Posted By: dedication 08/25/17 11:47 AM
Fires are definitely getting worse on the west coast!
Last year, here in Canada, Alberta suffered from a huge fire that destroyed many homes.
This year British Columbia has been burning all summer in the worst fire season since records have been kept
-- burning 900,000 hectares of land in BC alone. (That's 2,224,000 sq acres)

Another two million sq acres are burning in western USA.
One big difference this year is that it just goes on and on and on -- other years there's been fires but they didn't last like this.

My next post again addresses the "damage".

Originally Posted By: dedication 09/04/17 12:54 AM
Maybe it's just that media coverage brings these things more into our awareness -- but it sure seems like these devastating storms are doing a lot more damage EVERY YEAR, then in times past.

A few posts talked about flooding in Texas, and the wide spread economical damage. Irma coming across the Atlantic. Also the flooding in Asia leaving multitudes homeless.

Then I stated

Originally Posted By: dedication 09/07/17 12:42 AM
Yes, terrible damage from extreme weather is definitely increasing.
There are millions of people right now facing some pretty awful times.

So no, I have not switched my premise at all.

Yes, I'm talking about terrible damage from extreme weather, the damage is getting worse.

Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: Green Cochoa] #185141
09/15/17 04:05 AM
09/15/17 04:05 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
"The factors of shooting bullets"

Yes I think those factors may be changing as well.

The "aim" factor and the "hedge" factor.

Job 1:10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.

God does place a hedge of protection around people to shield them from the attacks of the enemy. This hedge can only be removed by God’s permission.

So Hurricane Jose comes barreling across the Atlantic rising to category 5 level as it heads straight for the Islands already reeling from the assault of Hurricane Irma. But God blows the winds and Jose veers off into the Atlantic and the Islands are spared further destruction.

How many times has God weakened the storms so they do not hit with their full fury, or blown them away from populated areas? How many extreme weather storms have missed us because of that hedge of protection?

God’s hedge is not a hedge of stones or a hedge of plants; it’s a hedge of angels.

But inspiration says the angels are "loosening" their grip on the winds of strife. More of those winds are allowed through, more are hitting the "full stadium" rather than "empty stadiums", but the angels are still holding the majority of them back. I think we saw that in Florida last weekend -- had Irma hit Florida straight on in its full strength things would have been far, far worse.

The "aim" factor.
Satan delights in aiming those storms right into the center of heavy populated areas. He is highly frustrated with that "hedge".

Ps. 91:1 He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: dedication] #185160
09/18/17 05:06 PM
09/18/17 05:06 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
Dedication, you changed the premise. You're not talking about Extreme Weather getting worse. You're talking about people suffering more.

Maybe you are just mixing up what I've said with what some others may have said.

I have not switched MY premise at all. It's been pretty consistent.
Notice I didn't say you changed YOUR premise, but THE premise. Read the first few posts of this thread.

The premise was that God must be coming soon because the weather was getting worse. However, that has not been shown to be true.

In a nutshell, you are saying God must be coming soon because the population is getting greater.

Re: Extreme Weather: Typhoons/Hurricanes/Cyclones, and Tornadoes [Re: kland] #185163
09/19/17 03:15 AM
09/19/17 03:15 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
When the storms reach the dimensions to come close to the catastrophes that took place about 4200 years ago -- it will be too late to seek refuge in Christ. The door to the "ark" will be "closed".

And no, if you read what I wrote, it's not about population getting greater. It's about God lifting the "hedge" of protection, and letting the storms through as people turn their backs on Him.

God can "still the storm" for a million people, just as readily as He 'stilled the storm" for the dozen or so boats on the sea of Galilee, about 2000 years ago.

You are talking about "intensity" levels of the storms.
I'm talking about the number of disasters and the area and populations affected.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!